Kiehl's Ultra Facial Overnight Hydrating Masque

Kiehl's Ultra Facial Overnight Hydrating Masque

3.0

Aqua/Water, Glycerin, Hydroxyethyl Urea, Propylene Glycol, Squalene, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Hydroxyethylpiperaine Ethane Sulfonic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Imperata Cylindrica Root Extract, Ophiopogoe Japonicus Root Extract, Sodium Citrate, Citric Acid, Chlorphenesin, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Pseudialteromonas Ferment Extract, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer

I had been pretty happy with my simplistic routine of wash + Clinique moisturizing gel, but lately my oily skin has been craving more moisture. I bought this on a friend's recommendation and hated it right away. Too sticky! Yuck. I almost gifted it to my friend but he urged me to stick with it and use a veeeeery small amount. Now I'm super glad I stuck with it. Once I got over the stickiness it only took a day or two to see results: supple, smooth skin. My makeup goes on super smooth in the morning, and now I sort of look forward to the sticky goo at night, because I know after I wash it off in the morning, I'll get awesome skin. Highly recommended, especially for flights!!!

on 6/11/2016 6:33:00 PM

If you are after more hydration, the Ultra Cream for more dehydrated skin (in frosted jar) or the ultra balm is much better than this. This feels like glue in every way, its tacky and doesn't absorb. It seals in moisture but doesn't give anything in return. Its far too occlusive and feels like a first generation of a product. I have a ton of Korean sleeping masks and they are all much better than this. A sleeping mask should be highly absorbent and velvet in texture, basically you should be able to slap on make up and leave the house. You cannot if you put glue on your face, think that thick clear craft glue that you squeeze out of a nozzle in art and craft in primary school. Try the ultra balm instead (but use it under moisturiser), i find that to be excellent. This brand is generous with their samples so ask for 3 or 4 so you can try for a fortnight.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I tried a sample of this when I was flying to Europe for work and found this to be a very nice mask for a long flight. I have very dry skin and I find it to be soothing and hydrating. I am curious to try Glossier's Moisturizing Moons Mask next to see if it's any better. I think the plus of this one is that it is effective and it's great for flights because it goes on clear so you don't look completely crazy with a mask on-ha! I like to use this mask as a follow-up to a more intense mask like Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay mask. That combo packs such an awesome wallop for skincare!

on 12/30/2015 8:09:00 PM

Not sure why this is called a mask, a bit of misnomer. Just a heavy moisturizer, night cream. A bit greasy, as a night cream should be IMHO. I liked it, my skin liked it. But not enough to repurchase.

on 5/3/2015 10:54:00 PM

Feels sooooooooo hydrating and feels really nice on the skin I feel like it's drinking it up

Isnt it amazing that an over-the-counter beauty product such as a hydrating mask can cause one sleepless night? I thought so too. But, Kiehls Ultra Facial Overnight Hydrating Masque does that to me all the time without exceptions.

Full review and photos at: http://bit.ly/kiehlmask

on 7/14/2014 11:23:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

It is a good overnight hydrating mask. It feels heavy and gooey on your skin but I guess that's what make the difference from a light moisturizer. A must have if you live in harsh cold weather. Non-irritating and fragrance free.

on 4/26/2014 5:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product does irritate my skin, and it hurts so much that it lefts redness on my skin. I was told it suits for sensitive skin but i guess it doesnt do well on my skin

on 11/24/2013 1:52:00 PM

Unfortunately, I didn´t like it so much because the film it leaves on the skin really bothers me. It did hydrate without irritating my skin, but I only left it on for about two hours, then I had to wash it off because the film felt just too uncomfortable.

on 10/11/2013 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Not something I'd ever saw myself buying, but I did, I love, and I will again. I got two samples from Kiehls and a week later I was buying this.

This isn't really a masque but in my mind a thick goopy moisturising treatment that you smear all over your face and let it sink in overnight. It kind of forms a shiny clear film which I thought I'd hate, but no it's OK and actually better than leaving a greasy mess all over the pillow case. I can't tolerate silicones and this doesn't appear to have any of the normal offenders. It's just really really hydrating and suits my dehydrated sensitive skin that can't tolerate heavy oils and creams. I've been using it 2 times a week and really like it. I wake (once I've rinsed off the product) to really soft and plump skin. It seems to have a calming effect on any redness as well. I would imagine this is super after a red eye flight (or even during if you are like me and don't care about what other passengers think).

Give it a try--Kiehl's are generous with samples. Only minor complaint is the packaging, I think a tube would have worked better just to control how much to use.

EDIT: Since originally posting this review, I've come to learn that I'm just behind the times with these sorts of overnight moisture masks. The one from Clinique is miles ahead of this in terms of adding moisture and not leaving such a film. Sorry Kiehl's, I'm down-rating you!