Jordana Tawny Beige

Jordana Tawny  Beige

4.7

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is my first Jordana blush, and it is quite lovely. This is soft and smooth, it applies softly but is pleasantly buildable.

Tawny Beige is a muted, dusty rose-brown-berry-mauve type of shade. When swatched the color is nearly identical to Milani's Romantic Rose but without the waxy texture. It is also very close to Essence's Satin Love. There is some silver micro glitter but it pretty much blends out, leaving the matte base pigment behind. Like many shades in this color family, this does shift warmer on me, I suspect my olive tones.

This color is better for fall on me since it pairs better with plummy/soft pinky/mauve looks. I don't find it goes with everything for me, but it does look good with berry tones.

I do have a few blushes in this color, so I'm not sure I will need to repurchase, but this is a lovely color and formula.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is one of my go-to blushes, and it is very flattering. I find it to be a nice warm neutral/nude blush with a good amount of pigmentation, and the formula is soft without being too powdery. It wears really well on my skin as well. I don't think the packaging or the presentation is super fancy, but the product inside is a lot better than you'd expect if you just saw this sitting on a shelf.

on 11/5/2014 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This shade is the warmer version of sandalwood pink which is a tad too cool toned for my complexion - this is the perfect blend of rose/beige/brown and mauve with a hint of peach but no orangeness - so tawny is a good description. It is a shade less peach than my Elizabeth Arden 'Sunblush' and just a fraction brighter/deeper than my Clinique Mocha Pink - the formula is actually more pigmented than both of these. Has a few sparkles in the pan but they don't show up on the skin. Smooth, velvety but not super long wearing like my more expensive variations however you cannot go wrong for the price!

on 1/2/2014 9:59:00 AM

I gravitate towards blushes like Tarte Exposed, Kat Von D Truth, Benefit Rockateur, so this shade is right up my alley. It's a neutral pinky brown with the slightest amount of shimmer. I use it for a contouring blush, placed higher back on my cheekbones. I like the subtleness of this shade, but I feel like I have to use a lot of product to get the desired affect. I have to swirl my brush several times in the pan twice! Not bad though, considering the blush is only a few bucks.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a lovely taupe baby pink. It has much more presence than it looks like in the pan. Would be perfect for pinky Naked 3 type eye looks. That's what I am using it for anyway..these are a great price at 2.49 a pop either on Jordana.com or Kmart.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

It was a little bit of a production for me to find this blush because Jordana isn't sold anywhere around where I live but they seem to have quite a following online.
I understand why! This blush cost me all of $3 on Amazon, and it's one of the prettiest ones I've owned. It is a medium taupey dusty rose that leans pretty neutral I would say. It doesn't look very pink on the face, the brown undertones show up more when it is on skin. This brushes on really smooth and natural looking. The pigmentation is just enough to add color and layer it if desired, without it immediately overpowering your face. It has a slight shimmer in the pan but none transfers to your face.
The container is cute and simple. I find its just big enough to retrieve a brushful. I will definitely be on the lookout for these and explore other shades!

on 8/5/2012 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

What a find! I wish I found this brand years ago.
First the blush: Tawny Beige is a warm pink blush, highly pigmented with the slightest shimmer. On my NW15 skin it gave the most natural flush of color (I used my Posh blush brush). The color lasted all day over my MAC Studio Fix foundation.
Now the price: Jordana isn't sold in stores where I live so I ordered it from the website. I paid $2.49 for the blush (I ordered several items) plus shipping. Even factoring in the shipping, I paid less than I would have for a drugstore blush on sale.
I do wish it came in a mirrored compact, rather than a screw-on pot, but since I use my own brush and apply at home in front of my make up mirror, it's not a big deal to me.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I am a blue-eyed NW10 (NW20 in the summers when tanning from a bottle).

Color: This color is a nude-pink blush that reminds of Tarte's Exposed, but slightly less cool-toned and with a hint of coral. Also, Tawny Beige is almost the exact same blush as Jordana's blush in Sandalwood, which is just slightly less coral, a little more cool-toned.

Formula: The formula is a little chalky, but it goes on pretty even and blends well. Not as pigmented as more expensive blushes. Took off a lippie for this.

Longevity: It does fade after a couple hours, so you will need to touch up mid-day and evening to have it last 18 hours. Took off a lippie for this.

on 9/8/2013 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Jordana blushes are famous for being highly pigmented, which is what kept me from buying this one. Its not as dark as it seems in the pan so even PPP can safely apply with a heavy hand. Im quite light-NC20 and this is a sheer mauvey tan color with the tiniest micro silver glitter (cannot detect once blended) It really warms up my yellow complexion nicely & I can see myself reaching for it in the winter months for use as a subtle bronzer. Out of the 6 Jordana blushes I own this & coral sandy beach are my favorite. I tend to prefer warmer pinks, peaches and non-glittery blushes so if thats your preference as well go this one too--you wont be disappointed! Can't wait to find the newly released jordana blushes!

PS. Besides Walgreens you can pick these up at KMart also.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

This particular color is Tawny Beigedarker brown-based pink. A very neutral "everyday" color. These are great blushes, worth far far more than their super cheap price! They are well pigmented, long lasting, and gorgeous colors. The texture is very nice and smooth and applies evenly and easily-something you would not expect from a dirt cheap product. The packaging is a twist off with a clear lid so you can see the color inside-a plus. I purchased 8 of these (for a total of $16 or thereabouts in a bogo-half off at KMart). I am NW25ish+ for reference, and my favorites are Redwood, Coral Sandy Beach, Terra Cotta, Blushing Rose, Tawny Beige and Bronze. I also have Touch of Pink and Rose Silk, which are very pretty but these colors don't get as much love from me as the others solely because I am not really a pink blush kind of gal. A whole blush "wardrobe" for less than half the price of one higher end blush! I highly recommend these-money well spent for a product worth far more than its price!