Boots Beautifully Matte Make Up Base

Filtered by skin tone : Fair

2.8

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I bought this to stop my makeup sliding off halfway through the day. And it does that- but in horrible patches that leave me looking blotchy and cakey. Yuck yuck yuck! It also doesn't improve foundation application at all as it leaves the skin feeling tacky rather than smooth. I was horrified when I looked in the mirror this afternoon- my makeup looked awful! Granted I wasn't as oily as usual but I'd actually rather that over this patchy mess!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This primer is very thick, almost glue like, and has to be applies just right otherwise it can ball up and roll off you're skin-it also clings to my dry patches. I really feel like I have to take my time applying this in order for it to go on evenly. This also didn't mesh well with any of the foundations I use, my foundations all wore down much more quickly in the places that I usually get oily.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Ok, so this product isn't perfect. However, I've chosen to give it five stars as it's the only product I've ever used that actually seems to stop my face from producing so much oil. If I had to live the rest of my life with only one makeup product, this would be it! Usually, within 10 minutes of washing my face, it starts to get shiny. This product keeps my face shine free for at least half the day and even after that I'd say it's about 50% less shiny than usual. It also balances out some of the redness I get across my nose.
Cons - the application takes some getting used to (it should probably come with more specific instructions) - basically you have to use a really small amount and stop rubbing THE INSTANT it's blended in, otherwise it clumps into balls and flakes. It is a very dry cream, though as it is designed for oily skin I don't see this as a problem - I just only apply it to my chin and T-zone.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this product as it was part of an offer (buy one product get another half price). I thought this product would be beneficial as I have oily, acne prone skin. However, after several uses, I broke out in big red spots across my forehead (where I hardly ever get spots), my jawline (where I also hardly get spots) and my cheeks. These spots weren't just any spots, they were bright red and painful. In addition to this, it drys very quickly and it's almost like your putting glue on your face which is one of the things I hate about this product. This product does not keep me matter for the first 2-3 hours my makeup will be flawless then I get a break though of oil which was very disappointing. I used this primer along with my Estée Lauder Double Wear foundation however I've decided to go back to my stay perfect primer which is also by no7 as it keeps me matte and doesn't irritate my skin which is good as it is quite sensitive.

If you have oily, acne prone skin, stay well away from this product!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Being someone who has very oily skin, I need a primer that will fully mattify my skin before even thinking about applying foundation. This primer does an excellent job of taking every bit of oil out of my skin leaving me with a perfect base to apply foundation. Only con is it's very quick drying but if you apply it quickly it poses no problem. Stear clear however if you have dry skin in the slightest, the formula will cling to even the smallest dry patches

The consistency of this primer is exactly like glue. It's nearly impossible to smooth over my skin because it dries almost instantly, and then it flakes and rolls into little pieces when I tried to finish smoothing it out! This primer made me breakout, which is a shame, because I thought it would help to maintain my clearer-looking skin, as I haven't broken out in a while.
I will say: it did a spectacular job mattifying my face and keeping my makeup in place. Even before I put foundation on I was impressed with how matte my face was.
So I'm not sure, maybe I'll keep this and only use it once in a while. But certainly not everyday, because now I have acne along my jaw and my cheeks.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Whoa, I am shocked at all the negative reviews! Yes, this is very thick and a bit tricky to spread. But it's not really THAT hard. And I'm guessing if it's making your foundation not blend properly, you're either applying too much, or you're not giving it adequete time to set. I have true combination skin--pretty darn oily in the T-zone and pretty dry under my cheekbones to my jawline. Long-wearing/ matte foundations tend to go patchy and look awful in my dry areas (no matter how well I moisturize beforehand); hydrating/ creamy foundations make me look like I've got bacon grease on my forehead. This is the perfect solution! It mattifies my T-zone so I can wear a hydrating foundation that will sit right on the rest of my face! I can wear my foundation literally all day ( a good solid 14 hours or so) and there is NO oil to be found. And my foundation really adheres to it, so it does not fade/ move. Amazing! Plus, it's a fraction of the price of most other primers!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

yuck! This has the texture of glue, and you have to apply a TON at a time or it won't spread out at all. This made my skin break out and didn't at all help with oil or shine control.