Boots Beautifully Matte Make Up Base

3.2

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This primer is very thick, almost glue like, and has to be applies just right otherwise it can ball up and roll off you're skin-it also clings to my dry patches. I really feel like I have to take my time applying this in order for it to go on evenly. This also didn't mesh well with any of the foundations I use, my foundations all wore down much more quickly in the places that I usually get oily.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Ok, so this product isn't perfect. However, I've chosen to give it five stars as it's the only product I've ever used that actually seems to stop my face from producing so much oil. If I had to live the rest of my life with only one makeup product, this would be it! Usually, within 10 minutes of washing my face, it starts to get shiny. This product keeps my face shine free for at least half the day and even after that I'd say it's about 50% less shiny than usual. It also balances out some of the redness I get across my nose.
    Cons - the application takes some getting used to (it should probably come with more specific instructions) - basically you have to use a really small amount and stop rubbing THE INSTANT it's blended in, otherwise it clumps into balls and flakes. It is a very dry cream, though as it is designed for oily skin I don't see this as a problem - I just only apply it to my chin and T-zone.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I have very oily skin and I bought this primer after hearing all the great reviews on YouTube. It's nothing special at all just a basic drugstore primer, doesn't keep my face matte at all, I get oily within 2 hours and I always to blot. It's as if I didn't use a primer at all. Its definitely over priced.

I like the fact that it's hypo-allergenic, I had no break out at all. I think this product is best for those with normal/sensitive skin.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have a very oily t-zone and prone to break outs. I've always struggled with it. I was at Target looking at make up and saw this so I gave it a try. I must say it excised my expectations. I put my make up on at around 6:30am and get off work at 4 and my make up still looks fresh and matte. Also there's none to barely any oil. I don't break out and this is suppose to help with that as well. I use Estee Lauder Double Wear with this and it works wonderful.

The only cons I have is the texture but doesn't bother me. It's not silky like other primers and dries kinda quick. So I recommend putting it on in sections, wait a couple minutes for it to completely dry than apply foundation. That's how I get the best results.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

This primer is kinda hard to put on as it dries quickly and doesn't have a very smooth, silicon-y feel like a lot of other primers do. You have to work quickly and in sections to get it on nicely. However, no other primer I've ever tried has controlled oil as well and made my foundation last as long as this one has. I don't wear it every day, but I do when I want my makeup to last 8+ hours and during the summer when I get really oily. During the winter, I use it only on my t-zone and it keeps my foundation looking nice.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this product as it was part of an offer (buy one product get another half price). I thought this product would be beneficial as I have oily, acne prone skin. However, after several uses, I broke out in big red spots across my forehead (where I hardly ever get spots), my jawline (where I also hardly get spots) and my cheeks. These spots weren't just any spots, they were bright red and painful. In addition to this, it drys very quickly and it's almost like your putting glue on your face which is one of the things I hate about this product. This product does not keep me matter for the first 2-3 hours my makeup will be flawless then I get a break though of oil which was very disappointing. I used this primer along with my Estée Lauder Double Wear foundation however I've decided to go back to my stay perfect primer which is also by no7 as it keeps me matte and doesn't irritate my skin which is good as it is quite sensitive.

If you have oily, acne prone skin, stay well away from this product!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Being someone who has very oily skin, I need a primer that will fully mattify my skin before even thinking about applying foundation. This primer does an excellent job of taking every bit of oil out of my skin leaving me with a perfect base to apply foundation. Only con is it's very quick drying but if you apply it quickly it poses no problem. Stear clear however if you have dry skin in the slightest, the formula will cling to even the smallest dry patches

The consistency of this primer is exactly like glue. It's nearly impossible to smooth over my skin because it dries almost instantly, and then it flakes and rolls into little pieces when I tried to finish smoothing it out! This primer made me breakout, which is a shame, because I thought it would help to maintain my clearer-looking skin, as I haven't broken out in a while.
    I will say: it did a spectacular job mattifying my face and keeping my makeup in place. Even before I put foundation on I was impressed with how matte my face was.
    So I'm not sure, maybe I'll keep this and only use it once in a while. But certainly not everyday, because now I have acne along my jaw and my cheeks.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

This makes my makeup last all day! So affordable and keeps me matte and I'm super oily. I went swimming and surfing and this made my makeup not budge at all! The staying power of my makeup is amazing thanks to this product!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I love this product, not because it's a great makeup base, but because it has really helped to clear up my acne :) I have tried pretty much all there is to get rid of my acne and I must say that this product surprisingly is one of the best things i've tried.
    I would not call this a primer, it does not prepare the skin for make up. It does not give the skin that smooth perfect suface that silicone-based products does and it doesn't really make the makeup look better, actually I find that it makes my pores look slightly more noticeable. BUT this product controls oil very well so if you have oily skin you will probably love it!