4.1

package quality

price range

Reviews

4 months ago

ABSOLUTELY IN LOVE!! Some of the more negative reviews are about oily skin, so I think it’s safe to say this is more of a dry skin product. As someone with dry skin, this has changed my foundation game. I can’t BELIEVE how much smoother my foundation looks all day, all the way until 5 pm. and, bonus, i’ve got really sensitive skin, and this primer doesn’t irritate it at all and actually creates a barrier between my face and my foundation!! If you’ve got dry/sensitive skin I highly recommend you give this a try!!!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairRed

EyesBlue

3.0

3 years ago

Day 1 of using this I'll come back to review if there's more to this If not .. here you have it : So I'm really oily at my T and I got this because it was recommended by a YouTuber and seeing as I was going away on holiday to somewhere really humid, I decided I give it a go Packaging: i think it would have been better in a tube like the traditional primers as opposed to a jar. But hey! They were nice enough to place a spatula on the top cover to help( hygiene purpose) price: i feel the price is decent Product itself: smell & feel on the skin is alright nothing to be worried about. i used this as a primer under my foundation.it was my first time using it so I tried not to alter my routine or switch products so i know it's staying power. This primer did nothing other than give a glow effect (which was nice at first, but after Which my makeup felt like it was moving, my smile line were visible and before the end of the day my face was so greasy :( Edited: I would buy this again and again and again ! When I reviewed this earlier in annoyance after the first day I tried it on, I was sp mad I had spent so much on something and it was about to go to waste. I went online watched videos and read everythang possible on this product! finally realised I was using it the wrong especially for someone with really oily skin. And Ever since that day, it's been my Go to! I love the glow it gives my face. My makeup last all day like all day long. It's now my HG and I would only be using on special occasions so the jar last a long time, Cannot imagine running out of this now. Love it

About reviewer (12 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Medium Brown

3 years ago

After using this primer, every other primer I use just feels horrible. My makeup used to never last, but after using this primer, the makeup sticks to my face like nobody's business, considering the second ingredient listed is glycerin. Amazing, I would definitely recommend it.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

1.0

3 years ago

I am a fan of the brand, but this is the worst "primer" I've ever used. Don't bother, horrible for dry skin and doesn't extend the life of your foundation. It's a glorified moisturiser!

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Curly, Fine

2.0
from

4 years ago

I think this hydra veil is seriously overrated. I have oily combo skin and I didn't notice any difference to longevity of my make up. I also noticed after buying a full size at the ridiculous price that the gel started evaporating!!!! Trust me I only used it a few times and there was quite a bit in the jar. I checked it and it had reduced its content and the consistency changed it became a firmer gel abd when I tried rubbing it on the back of my hand it was rubbery!. For the money I paid I feel ripped off will never repurchase or recommend. Save your money there are better cheaper alternatives out there. Don't believe the hype.

About reviewer (28 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan

2.0
from

4 years ago

While this DID keep oils at bay (I'm normal to combo), I disliked the way it altered the way my make-up looked on my face. It also had AWFUL flash back so useless if taking photos. Thumbs down.

About reviewer (143 reviews)

SkinNormal, Olive

HairBrunette

4 years ago

Lovee this primer! Very lightweight and sinks straight into your skin for silky smoothness. Helped with my foundation application and made it seem flawless. I liked the little spatula you get in the packaging as it keeps the product hygienic whilst the odd texture allows the product to retain it's shape. I would recommend to everyone as it does dry to a matte type finish but feels so velvety and smooth on the skin.

About reviewer (23 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

5 years ago

This has done nothing for me unfortunately. My skin had become quite dry recently for no apparent reason, but I felt I needed some more moisture so my foundation would sit better and read rave reviews about Hydra Veil. It was pricey, NZ$47, but I figured I would try it out. I also was hoping for some more moisture under my eyes because no matter what I do now my concealer ALWAYS creases! The packaging is beautiful, nice and sleek glossy black. The product itself is nice, its a clear gel with a slight scent that fades once you have applied it to your face. That's where it all ends for me. Like I said, it has done nothing for me. I didn't feel it gave me any more moisture to my skin. My makeup didn't stay longer, or go on easier. My under eyes are still creasing. It just hasn't made any difference that I can see or feel so I will not repurchase. EDIT: After I switched foundations to the Mehron Celebre foundation, this was a life saver. I applied it and massaged it in until it was tacky and the foundation glided over it and didnt break up as it previously did, so I WILL be repurchasing this product now that I have found a complementary product to use it with.

About reviewer (214 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesGray

5 years ago

Love this stuff, it's bloody marvellous. Being a lady of a certain age I have to be careful of what foundations to use. Thick heavy ones just do not cut it for me I have to use light ones which I can build. Ysl touch eclat, bobbi brown serum foundation etc. anyways I love my ysl but I found it just did not last, I have spent a small fortune on primers and powders to elongate the wear of this but nothing worked until I tried this. It's a gel, jelly like consistency, it actually wobbles in the pot. Colourless and odourless. A spatula is also present which is attached to a cover under the lid... Great... For hygiene reasons I hate sticking my fingers in things. You only need a small amount to cover the whole face. I like to rest it on my face for a couple of minutes before applying foundation. This has doubled the wear of my foundation. One of my best beauty buys and I will definately repurchase. My skin at the moment is combination and this has worked well when my skin is oilier or drier. I find illamasqua to be quite underrated or understated they have some fab products. I especially love their gel eyeliner, much better in my opinion than mac or bobbi brown and lasts twice as long too.

About reviewer (25 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

5 years ago

Love Love Love!!!..I love u "Hydra Veil" my new favorite primer..I have dry and sensitive skin, I use it as a primer, on top of my moisturizer, This felt soothing on my dry skin and left a smooth base for my foundation. No more comments. Love it . Adore it. Will buy it all the time.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium