Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette
Hourglass Ambient lighting powder palettehourglass Ambient lighting powder palettehourglass ambient lighting powder paletteHourglass ambient lighting powder palette

4.8

on 2/1/2017 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I was not expecting this to live up to the hype- but it surpassed my expectations.
So, I have sensitive skin, treated with accutane (just finished the course, now on 'maintenance dose'), so it's a little bit dry but now blemish free.
I use GA luminous silk (LS)foundation (HG btw), so I was worried that using a finishing powder would diminish the luminous finish. Not so! I use dim light all over and I find it really does give my skin an airbrushed, 'filtered' finish! Seriously amazing. My skin looks softer, pores far less visible, all over glowy and luminous. The colour is perfect for my medium skin (5.5 in LS).
I use incandescent as a highlighter on my brow-bones, a little in the middle of my forehead, chin and down my nose. I feel that this provides the perfect amount of shine: doesn't look glittery, sparkly or oily. Absolutely perfect for contouring.
The only disappointment -in terms of colour- is radiant light. The colour is way too orange for me- makes me look like an oompa loompa.
The textures of these powders is super-fine. It's easy to get enough product on your brush. The only problem here is the shape of the powders and the compact. Because theyre pyramid shaped, excess powder rolls down the sides and accumulates, becoming trapped in the edges of the pan. After only a few uses I have heaps on loose powder in the sides, back of the palette. Such a waste.
As for staying power, I'm pretty impressed. Seems to last the whole day (also thanks to my UD setting spray), doesn't go cakey or clog pores.
Overall, I love this palette! Two AMAZING shades out of three aint bad (and maybe I can use radiant as an eye-shadow...). Really makes my skin looks airbrushed! The claims are true- makes your skin look like it's in perfect lighting.
i think I'll buy the travel sized dim light to keep in my purse at all times :)
Definitely worth trying this one, ladies!

I wish this wasn't so good because it's so pricey but it's amazing!!! This really has taken my makeup look up another few levels. At first I was a bit underwhelmed but after a day or two of not wearing it I simply didn't look as good. This brightens my skin, gives it a natural glow and simply makes you look candle lit (cliche but true). I'm ran out of the bronzer shade first as use this over contour so purchased this specific shade again. Loads of the highlighter shade left. Almost out of dim light which is also a stand out shade for general use. Love this and can't be without it!!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

this was one of the pricier m/u items i've ever bought (i did at least get a discount on it) but it is 3 products in 1 & i love it. i'm very fair (~nc10) & i wasn't sure this would be right for me as it's probably designed for more light-medium skin tones. but the shades in this palette add some soft color & life into my face without being too much. i've never used a bronzer bc they all look like they'd go muddy on me but dim light is like the perfect soft, sheer bronzer for pale skin. radiant light makes a lovely luminous apricot blush & incandescent light is a nice highlighter, glowy but subtle. i think this will be great for summery looks & i would def check out more of the ambient lighting powders.

on 1/21/2016 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have separate reviews for all the Ambient Lighting Powders, so I'm mostly going to touch on the shade exclusive to this palette - Incandescent Light. This is a whitish pearly champagne shade that I use as a soft highlight. The other shades are HG as well, Dim Light being my favorite, and they all can be used in different ways from setting powders to highlights.

on 12/15/2015 5:22:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I like this palette, I find it useful for mixing and shading... the Dim I use as a bronzer... it's too dark for me all over my face... the Incandescent Light is beautiful as a highlighter, slightly glittery but nothing that visibly shows up as glitter, and it gives a beautiful glow (my fave out of the pallette), and Radiant Light I use to brush very lightly round my chin/hairline... it's a lovely bronze but does lean towards an orangey/gold glow. All in all I like it to try the different shades, but I wouldn't buy again as the only one I LOVE is the highlighter in the middle. I use both Diffused and Ethereal for all over my face - perfect.

on 6/22/2015 6:21:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I came across this Hourglass Ambient Lighting palette while browsing in Sephora. Decided to try the product on my hand and was immediately sold. The palette is quite pricey but had to have it. When I got it home and applied to my face I couldn't believe how smooth and air brushed my makeup looked! I am very fair so the darker colors actually give me a look like I have a bit of a tan. The powder is so soft and smooth, not cakey, no perfume smell and there is just a bit of I guess you would say pearl to it that gives you a dewy look but not shiny or sparkly. A little bit goes a long way. Like I said it's a bit pricey but I would definitely buy again because I use this everyday...a definite must have!

I love this stuff! It's beautiful, light and gives you an amazing glow. I find it lasts really long and if it's not lasting long then you need to use less, hourglass makeup is intended to make you look great without anyone being able to tell it's on your face - resist the urge to be heavy handed!

Dim light is my all round finishing powder and it blurs all my bumps and creases into smoothness. Incandescent Light is a great highlighter for my daytime makeup and then at night I combine it with another highlighter. Radiant light I use on top of bronzer, blush and or concealer to add a bit of a sunny glow. When I go out I swipe a big brush over all of them and use that as my last bit of powder which looks fantastic IMO.

It is really expensive, but I love it so much that I justify it and well...beauty is pain...the painful demise of your bank accounts.

on 12/24/2014 2:55:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

I simply love this palette. I have used the individual colors as a wash of color for my lids. When I use it on my face, I sweep my brush over all three colors and lightly dust all over my face. The color is luminous, blends like a dream and lasts most of the work day. Thumbs up all the way!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette is possibly the most decadent, over the top, unnecessary make up product in all of my make up collection, but since everybody and their mother seems to be talking about these right now I felt compelled to go and buy it.
I know that a lot of people love the powders and the blushes but from most of the reviews I read a lot of people suggested buying this palette first to get an idea of what to expect, so I did exactly that. You get three beautiful shades called Dim Light, Incandescent Light (limited edition) & Radiant Light.
At first, like most others, I assumed this to be a highlighter palette, but it is in fact finishing powders designed to enhance and flatter your skin. The 'healthy glow effect' if you will. I was a little bit scared when I first found out they were finishing powders, I like dewy glowy skin as much as the next person but the sheer amount of shimmer in them made me feel a little like I was going to look as though I'd been smacked in the face with glitter. I could not be more wrong though.
Pretty much what they are designed to do is bring the life back into the face after you've done all your make up. They are not setting powders; seeing as setting powders are mostly designed to mattify and keep the make up in place. They simply finish the face to give you a subtle glow that sometimes we take away by using matte products all the time.
Anyway, the shades themselves are as follows:
. Dim Light- This is a very neutral toned pale beige shade, with very pale subtle satiny sheen. When applied to the skin, in neither darkened nor lightened my face at all, hence the neutral tone making it almost translucent. It just gives you a little bit of 'health' back into the face, it is also the least shimmery of the three in the palette.
. Incandescent Light- Again a very pale beige ivory shade with white shimmer running through it, and very neutral toned once again. This is probably the only shade in the palette designed to be placed on the high points of the face like cheekbones, nose bridge and cupids bow. Its pearlescent shimmer makes it one of the prettiest highlighters I own.
. Radiant Light- This is a peachy orange shade that looks a little like it could be a very pale bronzer for a fair person like me but it is still a finishing powder. It a light to medium tone, so for fair skinned people this will make you look a bit warmer, because again it blends out so it doesn't make you look orange or anything like that. I actually find this accompanies a bronzer very well though, it makes it look more glowy and sheeny and beautiful.
The main reason why I say this palette is 'decadent' is because you don't need a finishing powder, although it has changed my make up dramatically, its not necessary for use every day. Plus it is ridiculously expensive, if I were on a budget this would be the first thing I'd cut out, but on the flip side the quality is unreal. The powders are so soft and delicate to the touch and you don't need a lot of the product so it should last you a good while, seeing as you don't need to pack it on to make a difference.
Overall, I love it. It gives a gorgeous glow and people have commented that my skin looks healthier and radiant on more than one occasion which makes me feel good about having spent the money on it. Would most definitely recommend, not sure if I'd be able to afford repurchase all the time but I probably will be buying more from the line.

on 11/2/2013 6:02:00 AM

I treated myself to this while shopping at Sephora yesterday. I had never used any Hourglass products until this purchase. Let's just say that this powder delivers some amazing results. I could not get over the blurring effects that this powder provides. Especially since I am experiencing some skin issues that are the result of an allergic reaction that occurred on a recent work trip to San Francisco. My skin is currently in the healing stages of a bad, blistering reaction to what I am not sure but since the worst of it occurred while out of town my resources were limited to what I had on hand to deal with it and not my usual arsenal of numerous products. I digress, but needless to say this powder does produce some amazing effects that gave me results that were far beyond anything that I could have possibly expected. After it's use you cannot see any of the healing blisters spots on my face...WOW, I am just speechless on how great my skin looked as a result of this powder. I will definitely be repurchasing more of this product, as well as try some of the others available in this line.