Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette
Hourglass Ambient lighting powder palettehourglass Ambient lighting powder palettehourglass ambient lighting powder paletteHourglass ambient lighting powder palette

4.4

on 4/4/2016 7:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

I'm AA, NC45/Laura Mercier 7 / Bobbi Brown 6 Golden / YSL B60. Even with the shimmery undertones, this provides a glow. Great for highlighting, though I cant use it all over as fairer complected people can, so I mostly use on cheeks, brow and sometimes blend the three colors to provide a contoured eye. I wish they had a warmer similar type palette for women of color. I love the quality of Hourglass products, very fine powder, doesn't cake, blends beautifully, they are top notch and worth the investment. Better than Chanel, Urban Decay. It is expensive but find you don't need as much so get a color where you will use the shades frequently.

LOVE it! People comment on how nice my skin looked every time I wore it.

on 2/29/2016 1:28:00 PM

Wow! Love this palette! It's pricey but it looks amazing on my face lol... I use dim light as setting powder it really makes my pores invisible. The radiant light is a beautiful bronzer, not too orangey not to ashy, it makes my skin glow but not too glittery. And the one in the middle OMG.... Best highlight powder I've ever used! It's beautiful.. gives you that pearly glow and it does not make your pores/bumps more visible!! The whole palette just smooths everything on your skin.... Love it!!! And the lasting power is great! 6 hours on my oily skin without any touch up! Still looking fresh!! Will def repurchase it when It runs out!

on 1/21/2016 6:57:00 PM

This palette is so pretty! I love that it gives a subtle glow but can also give a nice luminous finish as a setting powder.

on 11/5/2015 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Buying this palette is a splurge for some of us, myself included, but it is worth every penny! I bought mine when they came out and have barely made a dent in any of the powders with frequent use. The results are amazing as well. I definitely prefer these over any other high end highlighters/ powders I own

on 10/10/2015 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Well first of all the price of Hourglass products is just ridiculous and over the top, however I think that's true of all high end cosmetics. These companies are laughing all the way to the bank but Hourglass is a brand that I have resisted for a long time as the price was just to high. Every time I go Sephora I would stop to admire the Hourglass products but then move along because of the cost. Finally I broke down and but a couple of their items including this palette.

I don't know how these powders work I just know that they do indeed work just like they are described. Interestingly I am most amazed by this palette when I use the powders on my bare face rather than on my made up face. Yes they look great over makeup but I use good quality foundation, concealer and powder already so while I'm pleased with how the powder looks on top of my makeup I am generally already happy with how my skin looks once my make up is on and the Hourglass powder is just a nice finishing touch but not holy grail amazing. However I am truly impressed when I wear these powders on a day that I'm not wearing any makeup at all. I often go without makeup but believe me it's not because I look great without makeup, it's just because I'm lazy...lol. My bare skin is generally very dull and dead looking, but if I sweep dim light all over my face and then incandescent light to the high points, followed by just a little Hourglass blush, well I can't really describe what it does but I'll try. I still look completely barefaced, people would think I'm not wearing any makeup at all, but somehow I look about 5 times better than I normally would without makeup. As it's not a foundation or a concealer of course it doesn't cover spots or even skin tone but it has this amazing ability to make me look healthy and youthful even with all of my skin imperfections. My skin just looks all aglow (in a natural way) and awake. I'm so impressed by that because even my tinted moisturizers and BB creams can't do what this product does. I will definitely repurchase.

on 9/10/2015 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Um.... Clearly I was bitten by the hype bug yet again on this pricey @ss and totally unnecessary purchase.

Let me first say (before people try to explain away this product) that I am already very aware this is a finishing product which is very subtly supposed to mimic certain/specific lighting which is flattering. I also know as a finisher product the intent is to bring your makeup "back to life" aft it's all been applied, sort of un-matte the flat look. Now with all that said...

I have absolutely no clue as to how so many other NC-30 or Nars Stromboli skin shaded folks are making this work to the point of HG status - I am completely underwhelmed. There is a big difference btw subtle and undetectable - and I am only getting the later. The formulation and feel is also not as amazingly smooth and innovative as it was hyped up to be IMO. I mean seriously L'Oreal Lumi powder feels way more silky to me. Last but not least I really expected these shades to resemble the sakes when featured in mags, boutique (Sephora etc) catalog, and online; I was very surprised to open this and see how similar the shades are to one another when all of the photos show them very differently. Honestly had I known that ahead of time I would have purchased one indivdually for $45 to try out instead of the $65 I paid at Nordys.

Maybe it's just me, I dunno, but this palette did nothing for me. Maybe if I was lighter it would have worked for me. I give this a thumbs down.

I came across this on the Sephora website when I filtered by highest reviews. I read the reviews on Sephora and then on Makeupalley and was really impressed with what people were saying. I decided to give it a try, even though its really expensive at $58. Im so glad I tried it!

This palette consists of three shades of the Hourglass Ambient Lighting powders. From left to right, its Dim Light (which I see as an all-over-face finishing powder), Incandescent Light (for highlighting cheekbones, brow, nose, etc.) and Radiant Light (a warmer, bronze-ier shade that could be used for adding warmth if youre medium skin toned or for contouring if youre fair or light). Dim doesnt have much shimmer, while Radiant Light has a little, and Incandescent Light has the most of the three, but its still not too much and its not overly glittery, just a slight shimmer.

At first, I wasnt sold on this. I tried it out on my whole face and I thought it looked nice, but I wasnt sure if it was doing anything more amazing than my Smashbox Contouring Kit was doing. The next day, I put on my foundation, and then used the powders on one half of my face as follows:

Dim Light all over

Incandescent Light on my cheekbone, brow bone, above my eyebrow, down my nose, cupids bow, and chin.

Radiant Light in E shape on face (temple, hollow of cheekbone, jawline)

When only half my face was done, I could tell a drastic difference between the two halves. One side looked soft, perfected, and healthy, while the other half looked flat, dull, and one dimensional. The contouring was subtle, but I could still see that my cheekbones looked more defined. I saw the glowy effect that I had read in the reviews. I even asked my boyfriend, who knows nothing about makeup, if he could tell a difference, and he said that one side looked like it had more color and was healthier (he was talking about the side with Ambient Lighting powders).

Overall, I am in love with this powder. Its a subtle difference, but I think I look much more polished and pretty with this on. Ive gotten a few compliments at work that I look nice or so cute. This is really expensive, and Im interested to see how long it lasts me, but I think Im hooked!

on 7/26/2015 6:55:00 AM

I've been lemming over this for a loong time but finally caved in.

It costs $76.00 here in Australia, you know. But, it was worth it.

You get a glow from within once applied. No obvious glittery shimmer
from cheap highlighters ( I have W7's Hollywood bronzer/highlighter which is good
but the glitter was a little obvious.).

I urge women my age to buy this, it literally shaves years off from your face.

Skin: Dry, Other, Neutral

Hair: Other, Other, Coarse

I use this allll the time, it is soo worth every penny spent. Honestly my only gripe is that from repeated use, the Hourglass logo has rubbed off from the top cover of the palette. But I am weird like that. Anyways, this baby has kept me from spending $$$ elsewhere looking for another highlighter, and MANY have come out this summer from the whole strobing craze etc. I love how fine the powder is, how it just melts into my skin, it really does look like flattering light cast on the high points of your face. Dim light is the star though, I use it most often, sweeping it all over. Don't think it's doing anything? Take a photo of yourself. For some inexplicable reason, Dim light will make your skin look flawless and I think the effect is much more obvious in photos. I havent appreciated the Radiant bronzer/highlight till recently. As an aside, I love and have a full compact of Mood light, but I hated Diffused, it looked glittery to me, like Radiant, but ymmv. The only other highlighter I have been impressed with enough to want to buy is Kevyn Aucoin's celestial powder.