Hourglass Cosmetics Ambient Lighting Palette

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Hourglass Cosmetics Ambient Lighting Palette
Hourglass Ambient lighting powder palettehourglass Ambient lighting powder palettehourglass ambient lighting powder paletteHourglass ambient lighting powder palette

3.9

on 10/23/2013 3:49:00 PM

I was really excited to try this product but unfortunately it didn't work for me. I love the look of the powder when I swatched it on my hand, but it made my skin look dry. I tried a couple of different methods to get it to work but its a fail for me. I didn't get the subtle glow everyone talks about with this, maybe the colors are just wrong for me. The compact is sleek and light weight, but it's a very expensive product, too expensive for me not to return.

on 12/14/2013 5:58:00 PM

I am really glad I bought this, but I will not repurchase. Now, when I run out of Dim Light, HELL YES I will buy that on its own. It's the perfect finishing powder for me, does not settle in fine lines and gives me a really nice glow-y effect. It is a totally neutral color, not too cool or warm which I love. It is also good for a blending color. The middle highlighter color is nice and subtle but honestly I can find better, and the peachy color adds warmth but I would personally prefer a browner bronzer. Right now it is nice to have all three together in a palette but Dim is the only one I really love. I am glad I bought this to try out more than one color and satisfy my curiosity, and would recommend trying it if you are at all curious about these.

on 6/5/2014 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I was wary about buying this palette for months. I read dozens of reviews. It is semi-expensive, and as a really pale (NC15) neutrally-complected gal with zero bronzer needs or skills, I was not sure how much I'd actually use it. SO GLAD I FINALLY BOUGHT THIS; HOLY GRAIL STATUS.

I use the darker shade to contour and as other reviewers have mentioned, it works beautifully with no glitter or weird oxidization. The middle shade gives a lovely burnished blend, and the lightest is a subtle, lovely highlight for cheekbones, inner eye corners, and Cupid's bows. I am 46 years-old and have no desire to use glittery makeup, draw attention to flaws, or look oily or obvious in any way. This applies so smoothly and softly it is truly akin to a high-end luxury item. I never go wrong with it. I have used the shades on my eyes, neck, collarbones, and on my décolleté. Always delicate and pretty without looking like I'm headed to the club.

I can't recommend this palette enough. There is an intangible sheen that we ladies have when we are young and though it fades slowly, it does fade. No amount of dermatology procedures, peels, facials, sunscreen, or expensive moisturizers can preserve the glow a 16- to 34- year old wears naturally. The lightest shade here gives me the closest possible result to achieving my lost gleam. The powders all photograph nicely as well, no shiny shocker selfies to embarrass later on. It is a great contour/highlight product, even for PPP girls like me. It is so blendable and soft I can do a blush over top without looking like a clown. If you want to have some color, but look polished, together, and natural, this is a key palette to have.

The only problem with this product is that you will likely feel compelled, as I do, to go and purchase ambient lighting powders and the marvelous ambient blushes in every shade they make. I look forward to seeing what Hourglass comes up with next.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

After reading all the positive reviews on the web, I bit the bullet and bought this product. I wanted to love it, as it was highly coveted by other sephora and MUA members... but my feelings for it were just lukewarm. The lightest color wasn't light enough on my skin- it just blended in. The medium color was too dark and yellow to be of any use- least of all to lowlight areas! The only color I'm able to use is the darkest because it's working as a light bronzer. I'm not even very happy with the results as they do not last all day like my tarte waterproof bronzer does nor look as natural as my guerlain bronzer for blondes does. If it wasn't so expensive I'd just hand it over to one of my tanner friends (who don't wear a lot of makeup)- but instead I'll probably give it to my mom who asked me for it- even though her skin is only 1-2 shades darker than mine, and the product won't show up on her either.

NOTE: If you're porcelain skinned, and 98% of foundation colors are too dark for you- do NOT buy this palette! Sorry, but seriously, it's just not worth it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

After I first saw this online I knew I had to have it, it seemed so wonderful and luxurious.
I am very pale, and I find this wonderful.
On days I wear no makeup I use this lightly to contour and highlight, and on days I am wearing a full face I apply my normal contouring and then the palette over the top.
I am left with such a flawless finish on my face, sheen and dim where you want it.
Just using the palette makes you feel good!

While I think the packaging is great I left a lippy off because I would have preferred it to be metal for longevity.

on 9/30/2014 2:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I've had this palette since November of last year and I just haven't got as much use out of it as I would've liked for how expensive this is.

Dim Light is just a bit too dark for my skin for an all over powder. My sister who is a shade or two darker than me loves this shade and can use it all over her face. Because I'm trying to find a use for this I've decided to use it as sort of a blending agent for my contouring under my cheekbones. I also run this around the perimeter of my forehead, which sounds odd, but my forehead is pretty big so I like to try to slim it down using contouring. This shade doesn't really do a whole lot for me.

Incandescent Light is a nice highlight. It's nothing special though in comparison to the other highlighters I own. I have a lot of highlighters, so maybe someone with a smaller collection would appreciate this more!

Radiant Light is a light shimmery bronzer. At least that's what I use it for. I'm not too wowed by this either because I'm not really one for shimmery bronzer in general.

I think when I purchased this I really wanted to see what the hype was about so I figured the best way to see was to get one palette with three shades to try. Well, I purchased Diffused Light right after this and I absolutely love it. I'm almost out and will definitely be repurchasing that shade. I think it's best to really know your skin and what you really use before you pay this much for something. Yes, it is a good deal, however keep in mind it isn't for everyone!

I am in love with this! At first I thought it was verrrry pricey, but then I thought, well you get 3 colors and the pans are raised/rounded. I feel like they will last me a long time. It took a lot of time for me to cave and actually purchase this palette but I absolutely love it. The dim light is so gorgeous on top of your cheekbones or on your forehead/ all over. The incandescent light is an amazing highlighter shade for cheek bones or brow bone. And radiant light gives such a nice glow to the cheeks. A lit from within look as they say. If you want a truly natural glow, get this pallet. It's so versatile. Very happy with my purchase

I love this product.

When I received it in the mail, I immediately had buyers remorse, because I didn't want to spend that much money on makeup. But nontheless, I decided to try it out... and I love it.

I am very pale. Like fair skinned to begin with, but also haven't been out in the sun all winter. I use the lightest shade to highlight under the eyes. It sets my concealer with a highlighty glow. Diffuses lines, pores, wrinkles. Very finely milled.

I use the bronze shade to dust my large forehead for a very natural sun kissed bronze.

Stays on all day. Expensive. Ugh I love it and will buy it again

on 8/1/2015 6:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is good but I believe it is totally unnecessary. Is any face product worth $75? I looked at photos where I am wearing this, and then photos where I am wearing regular highlighters and powders, and there really is not a noticeable difference. I wanted to believe there was a miraculous change in my skin tone, subtle and mysterious, and it was worth it, but I had to admit that was not true. I got an equally good effect using drug store powders. If you can afford it, sure, it is nice, but it's not a miraculous effect by any means.

on 1/6/2016 9:37:00 AM

I was interested in the Hourglass ambient lighting palette because I had heard a lot of good things about their powders. I am very pale and I have one of two problems with highlighters, they are either too dark on me or they don't show up at all. I really like this palette. It's easy to overdue it though. I added too much a few times and then I looked really shiny after application. It doesn't look like you're doing much to the skin but it sneaks up on you. I bought the palette just because the individual sizes are expensive and I wanted to try out more colors but not spend a fortune. The individual sizes are much larger than the palette sizes but if there is a certain color I like then I can buy the larger size. Overall, I'm happy with this set. This is a nice highlighting palette for people who want a more natural highlight. Candlelight is a good description. If used like you're supposed to, and not with such a heavy hand like I did, it makes a beautiful soft glow to anywhere you apply it.