Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette

Filtered by hair type : Curly
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette
Hourglass Ambient lighting powder palettehourglass Ambient lighting powder palettehourglass ambient lighting powder paletteHourglass ambient lighting powder palette

on 11/5/2015 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Buying this palette is a splurge for some of us, myself included, but it is worth every penny! I bought mine when they came out and have barely made a dent in any of the powders with frequent use. The results are amazing as well. I definitely prefer these over any other high end highlighters/ powders I own

on 9/10/2015 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Um.... Clearly I was bitten by the hype bug yet again on this pricey @ss and totally unnecessary purchase.

Let me first say (before people try to explain away this product) that I am already very aware this is a finishing product which is very subtly supposed to mimic certain/specific lighting which is flattering. I also know as a finisher product the intent is to bring your makeup "back to life" aft it's all been applied, sort of un-matte the flat look. Now with all that said...

I have absolutely no clue as to how so many other NC-30 or Nars Stromboli skin shaded folks are making this work to the point of HG status - I am completely underwhelmed. There is a big difference btw subtle and undetectable - and I am only getting the later. The formulation and feel is also not as amazingly smooth and innovative as it was hyped up to be IMO. I mean seriously L'Oreal Lumi powder feels way more silky to me. Last but not least I really expected these shades to resemble the sakes when featured in mags, boutique (Sephora etc) catalog, and online; I was very surprised to open this and see how similar the shades are to one another when all of the photos show them very differently. Honestly had I known that ahead of time I would have purchased one indivdually for $45 to try out instead of the $65 I paid at Nordys.

Maybe it's just me, I dunno, but this palette did nothing for me. Maybe if I was lighter it would have worked for me. I give this a thumbs down.

on 6/22/2015 6:21:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I came across this Hourglass Ambient Lighting palette while browsing in Sephora. Decided to try the product on my hand and was immediately sold. The palette is quite pricey but had to have it. When I got it home and applied to my face I couldn't believe how smooth and air brushed my makeup looked! I am very fair so the darker colors actually give me a look like I have a bit of a tan. The powder is so soft and smooth, not cakey, no perfume smell and there is just a bit of I guess you would say pearl to it that gives you a dewy look but not shiny or sparkly. A little bit goes a long way. Like I said it's a bit pricey but I would definitely buy again because I use this everyday...a definite must have!

Video Reviews & Tutorials