Hourglass Cosmetics Ambient Lighting Palette

Filtered by hair type : Curly
Hourglass Cosmetics Ambient Lighting Palette
Hourglass Ambient lighting powder palettehourglass Ambient lighting powder palettehourglass ambient lighting powder paletteHourglass ambient lighting powder palette

4.4

on 11/5/2015 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Buying this palette is a splurge for some of us, myself included, but it is worth every penny! I bought mine when they came out and have barely made a dent in any of the powders with frequent use. The results are amazing as well. I definitely prefer these over any other high end highlighters/ powders I own

on 9/10/2015 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Um.... Clearly I was bitten by the hype bug yet again on this pricey @ss and totally unnecessary purchase.

Let me first say (before people try to explain away this product) that I am already very aware this is a finishing product which is very subtly supposed to mimic certain/specific lighting which is flattering. I also know as a finisher product the intent is to bring your makeup "back to life" aft it's all been applied, sort of un-matte the flat look. Now with all that said...

I have absolutely no clue as to how so many other NC-30 or Nars Stromboli skin shaded folks are making this work to the point of HG status - I am completely underwhelmed. There is a big difference btw subtle and undetectable - and I am only getting the later. The formulation and feel is also not as amazingly smooth and innovative as it was hyped up to be IMO. I mean seriously L'Oreal Lumi powder feels way more silky to me. Last but not least I really expected these shades to resemble the sakes when featured in mags, boutique (Sephora etc) catalog, and online; I was very surprised to open this and see how similar the shades are to one another when all of the photos show them very differently. Honestly had I known that ahead of time I would have purchased one indivdually for $45 to try out instead of the $65 I paid at Nordys.

Maybe it's just me, I dunno, but this palette did nothing for me. Maybe if I was lighter it would have worked for me. I give this a thumbs down.

on 6/22/2015 6:21:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I came across this Hourglass Ambient Lighting palette while browsing in Sephora. Decided to try the product on my hand and was immediately sold. The palette is quite pricey but had to have it. When I got it home and applied to my face I couldn't believe how smooth and air brushed my makeup looked! I am very fair so the darker colors actually give me a look like I have a bit of a tan. The powder is so soft and smooth, not cakey, no perfume smell and there is just a bit of I guess you would say pearl to it that gives you a dewy look but not shiny or sparkly. A little bit goes a long way. Like I said it's a bit pricey but I would definitely buy again because I use this everyday...a definite must have!

on 12/24/2014 2:55:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I simply love this palette. I have used the individual colors as a wash of color for my lids. When I use it on my face, I sweep my brush over all three colors and lightly dust all over my face. The color is luminous, blends like a dream and lasts most of the work day. Thumbs up all the way!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This compact is just amazeballs. I use Dim all over my face after foundation with either a fluffy synthetic face brush or a fan brush, then use Incandescent to set my under eye concealer and highlight the tops of my cheeks. I don't use the third color so much (can't even remember the name) because my skin is rather yellow (nc25) and it turns slightly orange on my skin. However, it's not altogether unflattering and does really well in a pinch to add color and life to a face that is tired (or hungover).

I have used this compact every day for the last two months and just started to hit pan in the Dim color. The fabulousness of this product is in its subtlety. No matter what foundation you use or you just want to put it on bare skin, you will have an air brushed finish. It's your skin...but better. The blurring effect people are talking about is definitely real.

I will 100% buy the Dim color in its own compact when I run out of the one in the trio. My only gripe about Hourglass is that they don't make Incandescent in its own compact. It is a great way to set concealer or all over foundation if you're fair. The texture of the powder is like silk and doesn't dry my already dry under eye area. Instead of a regular translucent powder, Incandescent just adds a little something extra that is subtly flattering in all kinds of light.

The best thing about Hourglass as a company is that they don't test on animals.

Spread the amazeballs people!