Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette

Filtered by hair type : Other
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette
Hourglass Ambient lighting powder palettehourglass Ambient lighting powder palettehourglass ambient lighting powder paletteHourglass ambient lighting powder palette

4.5

on 4/4/2016 7:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

I'm AA, NC45/Laura Mercier 7 / Bobbi Brown 6 Golden / YSL B60. Even with the shimmery undertones, this provides a glow. Great for highlighting, though I cant use it all over as fairer complected people can, so I mostly use on cheeks, brow and sometimes blend the three colors to provide a contoured eye. I wish they had a warmer similar type palette for women of color. I love the quality of Hourglass products, very fine powder, doesn't cake, blends beautifully, they are top notch and worth the investment. Better than Chanel, Urban Decay. It is expensive but find you don't need as much so get a color where you will use the shades frequently.

on 2/25/2016 4:14:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

Classy Sheen that make my skin look better. No emphasis on pores. I use Dim light on trouble area and incandescent light on cheekbones. Asian skintone need not much bronzer like radiant light. So I always used up the other two before radiant light.

Skin: Dry, Other, Neutral

Hair: Other, Other, Coarse

I use this allll the time, it is soo worth every penny spent. Honestly my only gripe is that from repeated use, the Hourglass logo has rubbed off from the top cover of the palette. But I am weird like that. Anyways, this baby has kept me from spending $$$ elsewhere looking for another highlighter, and MANY have come out this summer from the whole strobing craze etc. I love how fine the powder is, how it just melts into my skin, it really does look like flattering light cast on the high points of your face. Dim light is the star though, I use it most often, sweeping it all over. Don't think it's doing anything? Take a photo of yourself. For some inexplicable reason, Dim light will make your skin look flawless and I think the effect is much more obvious in photos. I havent appreciated the Radiant bronzer/highlight till recently. As an aside, I love and have a full compact of Mood light, but I hated Diffused, it looked glittery to me, like Radiant, but ymmv. The only other highlighter I have been impressed with enough to want to buy is Kevyn Aucoin's celestial powder.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

i really like this. i use dim light all over. incandescent over my highlight, and radiant light as a bronzer. i use it sometimes if i dont want to wear foundation and it actually makes my skin look better. at first i felt like it did nothing but i really like it now. adds a nice glow and makes the skin look better. can't tell you exactly what changes, just seems nicer. maybe its all placebo. anyway its pretty pricy but seems like itd last a while

I love this product.

When I received it in the mail, I immediately had buyers remorse, because I didn't want to spend that much money on makeup. But nontheless, I decided to try it out... and I love it.

I am very pale. Like fair skinned to begin with, but also haven't been out in the sun all winter. I use the lightest shade to highlight under the eyes. It sets my concealer with a highlighty glow. Diffuses lines, pores, wrinkles. Very finely milled.

I use the bronze shade to dust my large forehead for a very natural sun kissed bronze.

Stays on all day. Expensive. Ugh I love it and will buy it again

I am in love with this! At first I thought it was verrrry pricey, but then I thought, well you get 3 colors and the pans are raised/rounded. I feel like they will last me a long time. It took a lot of time for me to cave and actually purchase this palette but I absolutely love it. The dim light is so gorgeous on top of your cheekbones or on your forehead/ all over. The incandescent light is an amazing highlighter shade for cheek bones or brow bone. And radiant light gives such a nice glow to the cheeks. A lit from within look as they say. If you want a truly natural glow, get this pallet. It's so versatile. Very happy with my purchase

on 1/1/2015 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

This palette was my first Hourglass purchase and despite using this several different ways, I just don't love it. Fortunately I purchased this using a %-off promo so I didn't pay full price, but it was still pretty expensive.

The first couple times I used this palette, it made my skin look chalky. I wasn't sure if it was my dry winter skin, my foundation choice, or this palette, so I tried again. Then, I noticed my face looked orange. I used a cotton pad and wiped my face and it was covered in orange powder. I think Dim was the culprit because I use mostly Dim and Incandescent, although I don't know if it applies orange, or oxidized on my skin. I used Dim all over my face as a setting powder, but after I realized it was making me orange I mixed it with the center shade, Incandescent, which seemed to help.

Incandescent is my favorite of the three shades, and it can be used as a highlighter all over the face, including under the browbone. It's not my favorite highlighter though because it's much too subtle. Radiant is considered the contouring shade of the three but I find it leans too orange for me. I like the contouring shade in the Charlotte Tillbury duo much better. In fact, the CT duo spoiled me because the shades suit my complexion much better and deliver better results.

I was expecting this palette to wow me but I didn't. I bought it because people were raving about how it made their skin look luminous and perfect but I didn't notice the blurring effect of Dim (just that it made my face orange), didn't think that Incandescent showed up unless applied with a heavy hand (too easy to overapply) and I just didn't like Radiant (too orange but also too subtle, seemed to disappear from my skin). The CT duo doesn't contain an all over setting/blurring powder like this palette does, but I think it does contouring and highlighting much better so I would pick it hands down over this HG palette, which leans much too warm/orange for me. For reference, I'm NC 25-30ish.

on 12/24/2014 2:55:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

I simply love this palette. I have used the individual colors as a wash of color for my lids. When I use it on my face, I sweep my brush over all three colors and lightly dust all over my face. The color is luminous, blends like a dream and lasts most of the work day. Thumbs up all the way!

on 9/30/2014 2:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I've had this palette since November of last year and I just haven't got as much use out of it as I would've liked for how expensive this is.

Dim Light is just a bit too dark for my skin for an all over powder. My sister who is a shade or two darker than me loves this shade and can use it all over her face. Because I'm trying to find a use for this I've decided to use it as sort of a blending agent for my contouring under my cheekbones. I also run this around the perimeter of my forehead, which sounds odd, but my forehead is pretty big so I like to try to slim it down using contouring. This shade doesn't really do a whole lot for me.

Incandescent Light is a nice highlight. It's nothing special though in comparison to the other highlighters I own. I have a lot of highlighters, so maybe someone with a smaller collection would appreciate this more!

Radiant Light is a light shimmery bronzer. At least that's what I use it for. I'm not too wowed by this either because I'm not really one for shimmery bronzer in general.

I think when I purchased this I really wanted to see what the hype was about so I figured the best way to see was to get one palette with three shades to try. Well, I purchased Diffused Light right after this and I absolutely love it. I'm almost out and will definitely be repurchasing that shade. I think it's best to really know your skin and what you really use before you pay this much for something. Yes, it is a good deal, however keep in mind it isn't for everyone!

Amazing powders, thought this palette is a total RIP OFF for the amount you get. There's only 9 grams in the whole thing! At $67, I would expect to get a little more...

Anywhoo, face looks flawless, love how lux it makes my skin look. Soft, matte, and luminous all at the same time. Works great with my combo-oily skin. Stays all day. Super sexy in the summer heat- no lie.

Though I always love to try new things, I would still buy it again.