Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette
Hourglass Ambient lighting powder palettehourglass Ambient lighting powder palettehourglass ambient lighting powder paletteHourglass ambient lighting powder palette

4.4

I wish this wasn't so good because it's so pricey but it's amazing!!! This really has taken my makeup look up another few levels. At first I was a bit underwhelmed but after a day or two of not wearing it I simply didn't look as good. This brightens my skin, gives it a natural glow and simply makes you look candle lit (cliche but true). I'm ran out of the bronzer shade first as use this over contour so purchased this specific shade again. Loads of the highlighter shade left. Almost out of dim light which is also a stand out shade for general use. Love this and can't be without it!!

on 7/3/2016 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is such a hard product to get hold of in the UK so I had high hopes for it when I did. I wasn't disappointed. I use a large fan brush and dust all colours all over my face for a beautiful candlelit glow- it doesn't make my very oily skin look greasy which was a concern, it just works. NB. I don't use this as a setting powder - for that I use LM or RCMA, but I dust it on top to get rid of the horrid aging mattifying effect of powder. It really really works and is a definite repurchase despite the price. Update: It is now a year later and despite using this every day I am not even halfway down - so realistically it's very good value for money despite the initial outlay.

on 1/21/2016 6:57:00 PM

This palette is so pretty! I love that it gives a subtle glow but can also give a nice luminous finish as a setting powder.

on 1/21/2016 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have separate reviews for all the Ambient Lighting Powders, so I'm mostly going to touch on the shade exclusive to this palette - Incandescent Light. This is a whitish pearly champagne shade that I use as a soft highlight. The other shades are HG as well, Dim Light being my favorite, and they all can be used in different ways from setting powders to highlights.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this from the VIB Rouge sale last year (2014) from Sephora.com & I kno it was ridic expensive, it's the most expensive makeup item I own...hourglass really does feel like such a luxury brand (I own 2 Hourglass items 1 being this palette & the other is their lip oil which was also ridic like $41 iirc but I had a mini lipstick I did manage to lose...). I'd love to try some of their other products but w it being so cost prohibitive it's just turned me off from buying from this line. IT WORKS! It's stunning in its subtle improvement this makes on my face. Some hi-lite are all sparklies & this is a sheen like glow of youth that glitter cannot imitate & glitter usually looks like enlarged pores/greasiness on my exteme oily skin but this does not. I have used it ALOT since I got it (at least 3-4x/wk) & not hit pan on any colors.I'll repurchase a single not the palette (thou irdk which 1) becoz I'm a frugal gal & this palette isn't a good deal. At least I got to try 3 of the powders which is a good way 2 C how I liked them w/o buying 3 singles & not being able to experiment. I think every person who is really into makeup should go for it & buy one ridic frivolous makeup item ev so often if ur gonna get a lot of use out of it, it makes it no longer that frivolous! 1 lippy "off" 4 packaging coz anything this $$$ should come w a decent brush. It would make it more portable/better for touch ups/travel.

on 9/10/2015 9:04:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Um.... Clearly I was bitten by the hype bug yet again on this pricey @ss and totally unnecessary purchase.

Let me first say (before people try to explain away this product) that I am already very aware this is a finishing product which is very subtly supposed to mimic certain/specific lighting which is flattering. I also know as a finisher product the intent is to bring your makeup "back to life" aft it's all been applied, sort of un-matte the flat look. Now with all that said...

I have absolutely no clue as to how so many other NC-30 or Nars Stromboli skin shaded folks are making this work to the point of HG status - I am completely underwhelmed. There is a big difference btw subtle and undetectable - and I am only getting the later. The formulation and feel is also not as amazingly smooth and innovative as it was hyped up to be IMO. I mean seriously L'Oreal Lumi powder feels way more silky to me. Last but not least I really expected these shades to resemble the sakes when featured in mags, boutique (Sephora etc) catalog, and online; I was very surprised to open this and see how similar the shades are to one another when all of the photos show them very differently. Honestly had I known that ahead of time I would have purchased one indivdually for $45 to try out instead of the $65 I paid at Nordys.

Maybe it's just me, I dunno, but this palette did nothing for me. Maybe if I was lighter it would have worked for me. I give this a thumbs down.

I came across this on the Sephora website when I filtered by highest reviews. I read the reviews on Sephora and then on Makeupalley and was really impressed with what people were saying. I decided to give it a try, even though its really expensive at $58. Im so glad I tried it!

This palette consists of three shades of the Hourglass Ambient Lighting powders. From left to right, its Dim Light (which I see as an all-over-face finishing powder), Incandescent Light (for highlighting cheekbones, brow, nose, etc.) and Radiant Light (a warmer, bronze-ier shade that could be used for adding warmth if youre medium skin toned or for contouring if youre fair or light). Dim doesnt have much shimmer, while Radiant Light has a little, and Incandescent Light has the most of the three, but its still not too much and its not overly glittery, just a slight shimmer.

At first, I wasnt sold on this. I tried it out on my whole face and I thought it looked nice, but I wasnt sure if it was doing anything more amazing than my Smashbox Contouring Kit was doing. The next day, I put on my foundation, and then used the powders on one half of my face as follows:

Dim Light all over

Incandescent Light on my cheekbone, brow bone, above my eyebrow, down my nose, cupids bow, and chin.

Radiant Light in E shape on face (temple, hollow of cheekbone, jawline)

When only half my face was done, I could tell a drastic difference between the two halves. One side looked soft, perfected, and healthy, while the other half looked flat, dull, and one dimensional. The contouring was subtle, but I could still see that my cheekbones looked more defined. I saw the glowy effect that I had read in the reviews. I even asked my boyfriend, who knows nothing about makeup, if he could tell a difference, and he said that one side looked like it had more color and was healthier (he was talking about the side with Ambient Lighting powders).

Overall, I am in love with this powder. Its a subtle difference, but I think I look much more polished and pretty with this on. Ive gotten a few compliments at work that I look nice or so cute. This is really expensive, and Im interested to see how long it lasts me, but I think Im hooked!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hourglass is not available in Singapore. I heard so much about this that when I saw them in London, I bought not one palette, but two, despite the hefty price tag! Anyway, I share the same opinion as the reviewer below - doesn't make me prettier than if I were to use Bobbi Brown's Pale Yellow Powder, or Guerlain Meteriotes (compact). Also, I avoid Incandescent Light (center) on my T-zone/sides of nose. Don't want to add any shine. I am just trying to finish up both palettes. Most times I'll use a big brush, swipe through all three colours and then swipe over my face.

on 7/26/2015 6:55:00 AM

I've been lemming over this for a loong time but finally caved in.

It costs $76.00 here in Australia, you know. But, it was worth it.

You get a glow from within once applied. No obvious glittery shimmer
from cheap highlighters ( I have W7's Hollywood bronzer/highlighter which is good
but the glitter was a little obvious.).

I urge women my age to buy this, it literally shaves years off from your face.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

i really like this. i use dim light all over. incandescent over my highlight, and radiant light as a bronzer. i use it sometimes if i dont want to wear foundation and it actually makes my skin look better. at first i felt like it did nothing but i really like it now. adds a nice glow and makes the skin look better. can't tell you exactly what changes, just seems nicer. maybe its all placebo. anyway its pretty pricy but seems like itd last a while