Hourglass Cosmetics Ambient Lighting Palette

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Hourglass Cosmetics Ambient Lighting Palette
Hourglass Ambient lighting powder palettehourglass Ambient lighting powder palettehourglass ambient lighting powder paletteHourglass ambient lighting powder palette

4.4

I forgot I even had this, too light to contour with, dim light NEARLY gets me through a working day, the middle one I use under my eyes even tho it's super shimmery-still looks cute tho. Don't use last one

on 9/26/2018 4:04:00 PM

It’s a great palette and the powders are amazing. Finely milled and gives a glow... but at the end of the day I felt like Dimlight made me look orange and my pores looked så much bigger.

I use radiant light as a bronzing powder and the incandescent light as a highlighter (alternatively all over my face lightly). Overall Guerlain meteorites will always be my favourite as a finishing powder.

For reference, NC25, dry sensitive skin

on 9/11/2018 3:26:00 AM

This has made such a difference in my skin. After finishing my makeup I dust a brush through all three colors and use over the areas where I applied bronzer (cheeks and forehead). It creates a soft focus affect on my skin - no filter needed!

I actually see a difference in my skin when I don’t use this. It gives you a glow from within look that I haven’t been able to replicate with other products. Other reviewers who knock it for being a little too dark for fair skin are right, BUT I have been able to make it work by applying it over my bronzer areas rather than all over.

I recommend and would definitely repurchase. However, you definitely get a lot for your money so I don’t think a repurchase would be necessary for a while!

I wish this wasn't so good because it's so pricey but it's amazing!!! This really has taken my makeup look up another few levels. At first I was a bit underwhelmed but after a day or two of not wearing it I simply didn't look as good. This brightens my skin, gives it a natural glow and simply makes you look candle lit (cliche but true). I'm ran out of the bronzer shade first as use this over contour so purchased this specific shade again. Loads of the highlighter shade left. Almost out of dim light which is also a stand out shade for general use. Love this and can't be without it!!

on 7/3/2016 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is such a hard product to get hold of in the UK so I had high hopes for it when I did. I wasn't disappointed. I use a large fan brush and dust all colours all over my face for a beautiful candlelit glow- it doesn't make my very oily skin look greasy which was a concern, it just works. NB. I don't use this as a setting powder - for that I use LM or RCMA, but I dust it on top to get rid of the horrid aging mattifying effect of powder. It really really works and is a definite repurchase despite the price. Update: It is now a year later and despite using this every day I am not even halfway down - so realistically it's very good value for money despite the initial outlay.

on 1/21/2016 6:57:00 PM

This palette is so pretty! I love that it gives a subtle glow but can also give a nice luminous finish as a setting powder.

on 1/21/2016 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have separate reviews for all the Ambient Lighting Powders, so I'm mostly going to touch on the shade exclusive to this palette - Incandescent Light. This is a whitish pearly champagne shade that I use as a soft highlight. The other shades are HG as well, Dim Light being my favorite, and they all can be used in different ways from setting powders to highlights.

on 9/10/2015 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Um.... Clearly I was bitten by the hype bug yet again on this pricey @ss and totally unnecessary purchase.

Let me first say (before people try to explain away this product) that I am already very aware this is a finishing product which is very subtly supposed to mimic certain/specific lighting which is flattering. I also know as a finisher product the intent is to bring your makeup "back to life" aft it's all been applied, sort of un-matte the flat look. Now with all that said...

I have absolutely no clue as to how so many other NC-30 or Nars Stromboli skin shaded folks are making this work to the point of HG status - I am completely underwhelmed. There is a big difference btw subtle and undetectable - and I am only getting the later. The formulation and feel is also not as amazingly smooth and innovative as it was hyped up to be IMO. I mean seriously L'Oreal Lumi powder feels way more silky to me. Last but not least I really expected these shades to resemble the sakes when featured in mags, boutique (Sephora etc) catalog, and online; I was very surprised to open this and see how similar the shades are to one another when all of the photos show them very differently. Honestly had I known that ahead of time I would have purchased one indivdually for $45 to try out instead of the $65 I paid at Nordys.

Maybe it's just me, I dunno, but this palette did nothing for me. Maybe if I was lighter it would have worked for me. I give this a thumbs down.

I came across this on the Sephora website when I filtered by highest reviews. I read the reviews on Sephora and then on Makeupalley and was really impressed with what people were saying. I decided to give it a try, even though its really expensive at $58. Im so glad I tried it!

This palette consists of three shades of the Hourglass Ambient Lighting powders. From left to right, its Dim Light (which I see as an all-over-face finishing powder), Incandescent Light (for highlighting cheekbones, brow, nose, etc.) and Radiant Light (a warmer, bronze-ier shade that could be used for adding warmth if youre medium skin toned or for contouring if youre fair or light). Dim doesnt have much shimmer, while Radiant Light has a little, and Incandescent Light has the most of the three, but its still not too much and its not overly glittery, just a slight shimmer.

At first, I wasnt sold on this. I tried it out on my whole face and I thought it looked nice, but I wasnt sure if it was doing anything more amazing than my Smashbox Contouring Kit was doing. The next day, I put on my foundation, and then used the powders on one half of my face as follows:

Dim Light all over

Incandescent Light on my cheekbone, brow bone, above my eyebrow, down my nose, cupids bow, and chin.

Radiant Light in E shape on face (temple, hollow of cheekbone, jawline)

When only half my face was done, I could tell a drastic difference between the two halves. One side looked soft, perfected, and healthy, while the other half looked flat, dull, and one dimensional. The contouring was subtle, but I could still see that my cheekbones looked more defined. I saw the glowy effect that I had read in the reviews. I even asked my boyfriend, who knows nothing about makeup, if he could tell a difference, and he said that one side looked like it had more color and was healthier (he was talking about the side with Ambient Lighting powders).

Overall, I am in love with this powder. Its a subtle difference, but I think I look much more polished and pretty with this on. Ive gotten a few compliments at work that I look nice or so cute. This is really expensive, and Im interested to see how long it lasts me, but I think Im hooked!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hourglass is not available in Singapore. I heard so much about this that when I saw them in London, I bought not one palette, but two, despite the hefty price tag! Anyway, I share the same opinion as the reviewer below - doesn't make me prettier than if I were to use Bobbi Brown's Pale Yellow Powder, or Guerlain Meteriotes (compact). Also, I avoid Incandescent Light (center) on my T-zone/sides of nose. Don't want to add any shine. I am just trying to finish up both palettes. Most times I'll use a big brush, swipe through all three colours and then swipe over my face.