Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette
Hourglass Ambient lighting powder palettehourglass Ambient lighting powder palettehourglass ambient lighting powder paletteHourglass ambient lighting powder palette

on 5/7/2018 8:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is very nice, luxury product, but unfortunately not suitable for me with my fair complexion. The package is beautiful, a very sturdy palette with a mirror. The powders are very finely milled and soooo soft and nice that I could play with them all day, but: not on my face. The palette contains three shades: (I am NW15-20 for reference)
- Dim light: a skin-colour (for me) powder with a faint shimmer throughout. As a highlighter it is beautiful but very, very subtle (even for my beloved soft glow from within-look) and as a finishing powder it is too shimmery, even for my undereyes. I have oily skin so I avoid shimmer unless they're in my eyeshadow, blush or highlighter.
- Incandescent light: a more transparant powder with visible shimmer particles/glitter to it, so a no-no for a highlighter imo. Because it has virtually no background colour I didn't know how to use it any other way.
- Radiant light: this shade is too bronzy/orange for me, so I didn't find a good use for it either. I don't like shimmery bronzers so maybe as an eyeshadow...
In short: they are truly beautiful powders which feel so nice to the touch, but they just don't suit my needs/preferences. And for the hefty price tag I can buy a lot of other, affordable highlighters or finishing powders which do work for me/my skin tone. I just can't justify the value vs cost.

on 7/3/2016 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is such a hard product to get hold of in the UK so I had high hopes for it when I did. I wasn't disappointed. I use a large fan brush and dust all colours all over my face for a beautiful candlelit glow- it doesn't make my very oily skin look greasy which was a concern, it just works. NB. I don't use this as a setting powder - for that I use LM or RCMA, but I dust it on top to get rid of the horrid aging mattifying effect of powder. It really really works and is a definite repurchase despite the price. Update: It is now a year later and despite using this every day I am not even halfway down - so realistically it's very good value for money despite the initial outlay.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have oily skin and huge pores. My skin type also hates silicones, so I usually just deal with the pores and exfoliate / moisturize regularly. This is the first non irritating product to somewhat diminish my pore size visually (MUFE HD Primer can somewhat, not as well though, it's mostly there for longevity). What I really like is the natural 'radiance' it adds to my skin without looking cakey. I use so many mattifying products my face can seem odd and unnatural. The three together work to impart a glow I just love and even my husband notices.

Popular Palettes