Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette
Hourglass Ambient lighting powder palettehourglass Ambient lighting powder palettehourglass ambient lighting powder paletteHourglass ambient lighting powder palette

4.6

I came across this on the Sephora website when I filtered by highest reviews. I read the reviews on Sephora and then on Makeupalley and was really impressed with what people were saying. I decided to give it a try, even though its really expensive at $58. Im so glad I tried it!

This palette consists of three shades of the Hourglass Ambient Lighting powders. From left to right, its Dim Light (which I see as an all-over-face finishing powder), Incandescent Light (for highlighting cheekbones, brow, nose, etc.) and Radiant Light (a warmer, bronze-ier shade that could be used for adding warmth if youre medium skin toned or for contouring if youre fair or light). Dim doesnt have much shimmer, while Radiant Light has a little, and Incandescent Light has the most of the three, but its still not too much and its not overly glittery, just a slight shimmer.

At first, I wasnt sold on this. I tried it out on my whole face and I thought it looked nice, but I wasnt sure if it was doing anything more amazing than my Smashbox Contouring Kit was doing. The next day, I put on my foundation, and then used the powders on one half of my face as follows:

Dim Light all over

Incandescent Light on my cheekbone, brow bone, above my eyebrow, down my nose, cupids bow, and chin.

Radiant Light in E shape on face (temple, hollow of cheekbone, jawline)

When only half my face was done, I could tell a drastic difference between the two halves. One side looked soft, perfected, and healthy, while the other half looked flat, dull, and one dimensional. The contouring was subtle, but I could still see that my cheekbones looked more defined. I saw the glowy effect that I had read in the reviews. I even asked my boyfriend, who knows nothing about makeup, if he could tell a difference, and he said that one side looked like it had more color and was healthier (he was talking about the side with Ambient Lighting powders).

Overall, I am in love with this powder. Its a subtle difference, but I think I look much more polished and pretty with this on. Ive gotten a few compliments at work that I look nice or so cute. This is really expensive, and Im interested to see how long it lasts me, but I think Im hooked!

I love this product.

When I received it in the mail, I immediately had buyers remorse, because I didn't want to spend that much money on makeup. But nontheless, I decided to try it out... and I love it.

I am very pale. Like fair skinned to begin with, but also haven't been out in the sun all winter. I use the lightest shade to highlight under the eyes. It sets my concealer with a highlighty glow. Diffuses lines, pores, wrinkles. Very finely milled.

I use the bronze shade to dust my large forehead for a very natural sun kissed bronze.

Stays on all day. Expensive. Ugh I love it and will buy it again

I am in love with this! At first I thought it was verrrry pricey, but then I thought, well you get 3 colors and the pans are raised/rounded. I feel like they will last me a long time. It took a lot of time for me to cave and actually purchase this palette but I absolutely love it. The dim light is so gorgeous on top of your cheekbones or on your forehead/ all over. The incandescent light is an amazing highlighter shade for cheek bones or brow bone. And radiant light gives such a nice glow to the cheeks. A lit from within look as they say. If you want a truly natural glow, get this pallet. It's so versatile. Very happy with my purchase

on 9/30/2014 2:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I've had this palette since November of last year and I just haven't got as much use out of it as I would've liked for how expensive this is.

Dim Light is just a bit too dark for my skin for an all over powder. My sister who is a shade or two darker than me loves this shade and can use it all over her face. Because I'm trying to find a use for this I've decided to use it as sort of a blending agent for my contouring under my cheekbones. I also run this around the perimeter of my forehead, which sounds odd, but my forehead is pretty big so I like to try to slim it down using contouring. This shade doesn't really do a whole lot for me.

Incandescent Light is a nice highlight. It's nothing special though in comparison to the other highlighters I own. I have a lot of highlighters, so maybe someone with a smaller collection would appreciate this more!

Radiant Light is a light shimmery bronzer. At least that's what I use it for. I'm not too wowed by this either because I'm not really one for shimmery bronzer in general.

I think when I purchased this I really wanted to see what the hype was about so I figured the best way to see was to get one palette with three shades to try. Well, I purchased Diffused Light right after this and I absolutely love it. I'm almost out and will definitely be repurchasing that shade. I think it's best to really know your skin and what you really use before you pay this much for something. Yes, it is a good deal, however keep in mind it isn't for everyone!

on 2/26/2014 2:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This cost me an arm and a leg because by the time I found it, it was nearly impossible to find, so naturally, the price was ridiculous... In any case, it was my first opportunity to try the ambient lighting powders and the hype is worth the hype. They apply really smoothly, not cakey at all, with a lovely sheen that is natural and provides nice coverage. I use the darkest colour in this palette to set my foundation and it looks really lovely and I look very 'healthy' and 'glowy' without shininess. I use the lighter colours as a highlight on my cheeks and nose and the product lasts very well throughout the day. Very expensive, and was a good way of sampling multiple colours; if you can get your hands on this somehow, you won't be disappointed.