Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette

Filtered by skin type : Very Dry
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette
Hourglass Ambient lighting powder palettehourglass Ambient lighting powder palettehourglass ambient lighting powder paletteHourglass ambient lighting powder palette

4.4

on 11/29/2016 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

(For reference, I'm an NC15 skin tone)

After people raved about this palette, I was so excited to get it, but 6 months later, I'm still not impressed with it. There are three shades in the palette, which I'll review individually;

Dim light- this powder is fine and doesn't cake at all, but I have to be VERY light handed with it or it seems to remove my foundation/excessively bronze me. You probably won't have this problem if you're not ridiculously pale

Incandescent light- if Satan was a powder, this would be the one. Once again it's quite fine, but has more glitter than sheen to it; I find the glitter in it to be quite chunky, so it doesn't work as a powder or as a highlight unless you like the chunky glitter look. It's quite dusty too, so wouldn't work as an eyeshadow.

Radiant light- this powder is far too orange-toned for me, so I can find absolutely no use for it. It might be more effective for someone with an olive skin tone.

All in all, I don't find anything particularly impressive about this palette, nor do I find it versatile. It could potentially be good for someone who isn't as pale as me, but I really don't see what the hype is about. For the size of the palette, I think the price (£58) is ridiculous.

I'd say the main positive is the packaging, which is sleek and has a good sized mirror. Everything else is rather average.

on 2/25/2016 4:14:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

Classy Sheen that make my skin look better. No emphasis on pores. I use Dim light on trouble area and incandescent light on cheekbones. Asian skintone need not much bronzer like radiant light. So I always used up the other two before radiant light.

on 1/21/2016 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have separate reviews for all the Ambient Lighting Powders, so I'm mostly going to touch on the shade exclusive to this palette - Incandescent Light. This is a whitish pearly champagne shade that I use as a soft highlight. The other shades are HG as well, Dim Light being my favorite, and they all can be used in different ways from setting powders to highlights.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is one product I use everyday in some way. I would repurchase the palette again, but would 100% repurchase Dim and Radiant light in the single when I run out. Since Incandescent light is exclusive to the palette I would probably go with Luminous Light. Dim light has been my go to finishing powder. I use my It Cosmetics Stippling Brush which is quite big and when I'm done with all my makeup I lightly sweep this over my entire face. It blurs my pores and fine lines and gives a lovely glow. I apply radiant light with a big powder brush on top of my bronzer and it adds a hint of warmth but again gives you a natural sun kissed glow. Incandescent Light is a lovely highlight for a natural everyday look IMO. I think this is worth every penny and I'm curious to try more colors.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette is possibly the most decadent, over the top, unnecessary make up product in all of my make up collection, but since everybody and their mother seems to be talking about these right now I felt compelled to go and buy it.
I know that a lot of people love the powders and the blushes but from most of the reviews I read a lot of people suggested buying this palette first to get an idea of what to expect, so I did exactly that. You get three beautiful shades called Dim Light, Incandescent Light (limited edition) & Radiant Light.
At first, like most others, I assumed this to be a highlighter palette, but it is in fact finishing powders designed to enhance and flatter your skin. The 'healthy glow effect' if you will. I was a little bit scared when I first found out they were finishing powders, I like dewy glowy skin as much as the next person but the sheer amount of shimmer in them made me feel a little like I was going to look as though I'd been smacked in the face with glitter. I could not be more wrong though.
Pretty much what they are designed to do is bring the life back into the face after you've done all your make up. They are not setting powders; seeing as setting powders are mostly designed to mattify and keep the make up in place. They simply finish the face to give you a subtle glow that sometimes we take away by using matte products all the time.
Anyway, the shades themselves are as follows:
. Dim Light- This is a very neutral toned pale beige shade, with very pale subtle satiny sheen. When applied to the skin, in neither darkened nor lightened my face at all, hence the neutral tone making it almost translucent. It just gives you a little bit of 'health' back into the face, it is also the least shimmery of the three in the palette.
. Incandescent Light- Again a very pale beige ivory shade with white shimmer running through it, and very neutral toned once again. This is probably the only shade in the palette designed to be placed on the high points of the face like cheekbones, nose bridge and cupids bow. Its pearlescent shimmer makes it one of the prettiest highlighters I own.
. Radiant Light- This is a peachy orange shade that looks a little like it could be a very pale bronzer for a fair person like me but it is still a finishing powder. It a light to medium tone, so for fair skinned people this will make you look a bit warmer, because again it blends out so it doesn't make you look orange or anything like that. I actually find this accompanies a bronzer very well though, it makes it look more glowy and sheeny and beautiful.
The main reason why I say this palette is 'decadent' is because you don't need a finishing powder, although it has changed my make up dramatically, its not necessary for use every day. Plus it is ridiculously expensive, if I were on a budget this would be the first thing I'd cut out, but on the flip side the quality is unreal. The powders are so soft and delicate to the touch and you don't need a lot of the product so it should last you a good while, seeing as you don't need to pack it on to make a difference.
Overall, I love it. It gives a gorgeous glow and people have commented that my skin looks healthier and radiant on more than one occasion which makes me feel good about having spent the money on it. Would most definitely recommend, not sure if I'd be able to afford repurchase all the time but I probably will be buying more from the line.