Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette

Filtered by skin type : Other
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette
Hourglass Ambient lighting powder palettehourglass Ambient lighting powder palettehourglass ambient lighting powder paletteHourglass ambient lighting powder palette

3.8

on 11/22/2015 11:45:00 AM

I have had this product for a month and use it every single day. My complexion is fair (usually fairest foundation shade in every range). I use dim light and incandescent light swirled together all over my face and as an undereye setting powder, and then radiant light on the perimeters of my face to give me a very subtle bronzed glow.
It is perfect over foundation but also when I just wear concealer. You can't really see the powder on the skin but overall it just makes me look healthy and glowy in a very natural way.

OMG love live love this product!! I have it onbin the video below.. I wear it daily.. gives a soft glow to your face.. VERY natural looking!!

on 1/1/2015 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

This palette was my first Hourglass purchase and despite using this several different ways, I just don't love it. Fortunately I purchased this using a %-off promo so I didn't pay full price, but it was still pretty expensive.

The first couple times I used this palette, it made my skin look chalky. I wasn't sure if it was my dry winter skin, my foundation choice, or this palette, so I tried again. Then, I noticed my face looked orange. I used a cotton pad and wiped my face and it was covered in orange powder. I think Dim was the culprit because I use mostly Dim and Incandescent, although I don't know if it applies orange, or oxidized on my skin. I used Dim all over my face as a setting powder, but after I realized it was making me orange I mixed it with the center shade, Incandescent, which seemed to help.

Incandescent is my favorite of the three shades, and it can be used as a highlighter all over the face, including under the browbone. It's not my favorite highlighter though because it's much too subtle. Radiant is considered the contouring shade of the three but I find it leans too orange for me. I like the contouring shade in the Charlotte Tillbury duo much better. In fact, the CT duo spoiled me because the shades suit my complexion much better and deliver better results.

I was expecting this palette to wow me but I didn't. I bought it because people were raving about how it made their skin look luminous and perfect but I didn't notice the blurring effect of Dim (just that it made my face orange), didn't think that Incandescent showed up unless applied with a heavy hand (too easy to overapply) and I just didn't like Radiant (too orange but also too subtle, seemed to disappear from my skin). The CT duo doesn't contain an all over setting/blurring powder like this palette does, but I think it does contouring and highlighting much better so I would pick it hands down over this HG palette, which leans much too warm/orange for me. For reference, I'm NC 25-30ish.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been wanting to try the ambient lighting powder for some time but I could never choose the one I wanted, so this was a perfect palette for me. The truth is that it's a total letdown. It's just a very subtle glow, like someone below me said, not really a highlighting powder. It really doesn't show up very well and it's too expensive to just keep in my junk beauty drawer so I'm returning it.

Video Reviews & Tutorials