Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette

Filtered by skin tone : Other
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette
Hourglass Ambient lighting powder palettehourglass Ambient lighting powder palettehourglass ambient lighting powder paletteHourglass ambient lighting powder palette

4.4

on 11/22/2015 11:45:00 AM

I have had this product for a month and use it every single day. My complexion is fair (usually fairest foundation shade in every range). I use dim light and incandescent light swirled together all over my face and as an undereye setting powder, and then radiant light on the perimeters of my face to give me a very subtle bronzed glow.
It is perfect over foundation but also when I just wear concealer. You can't really see the powder on the skin but overall it just makes me look healthy and glowy in a very natural way.

OMG love live love this product!! I have it onbin the video below.. I wear it daily.. gives a soft glow to your face.. VERY natural looking!!

Skin: Dry, Other, Neutral

Hair: Other, Other, Coarse

I use this allll the time, it is soo worth every penny spent. Honestly my only gripe is that from repeated use, the Hourglass logo has rubbed off from the top cover of the palette. But I am weird like that. Anyways, this baby has kept me from spending $$$ elsewhere looking for another highlighter, and MANY have come out this summer from the whole strobing craze etc. I love how fine the powder is, how it just melts into my skin, it really does look like flattering light cast on the high points of your face. Dim light is the star though, I use it most often, sweeping it all over. Don't think it's doing anything? Take a photo of yourself. For some inexplicable reason, Dim light will make your skin look flawless and I think the effect is much more obvious in photos. I havent appreciated the Radiant bronzer/highlight till recently. As an aside, I love and have a full compact of Mood light, but I hated Diffused, it looked glittery to me, like Radiant, but ymmv. The only other highlighter I have been impressed with enough to want to buy is Kevyn Aucoin's celestial powder.

on 1/1/2015 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

This palette was my first Hourglass purchase and despite using this several different ways, I just don't love it. Fortunately I purchased this using a %-off promo so I didn't pay full price, but it was still pretty expensive.

The first couple times I used this palette, it made my skin look chalky. I wasn't sure if it was my dry winter skin, my foundation choice, or this palette, so I tried again. Then, I noticed my face looked orange. I used a cotton pad and wiped my face and it was covered in orange powder. I think Dim was the culprit because I use mostly Dim and Incandescent, although I don't know if it applies orange, or oxidized on my skin. I used Dim all over my face as a setting powder, but after I realized it was making me orange I mixed it with the center shade, Incandescent, which seemed to help.

Incandescent is my favorite of the three shades, and it can be used as a highlighter all over the face, including under the browbone. It's not my favorite highlighter though because it's much too subtle. Radiant is considered the contouring shade of the three but I find it leans too orange for me. I like the contouring shade in the Charlotte Tillbury duo much better. In fact, the CT duo spoiled me because the shades suit my complexion much better and deliver better results.

I was expecting this palette to wow me but I didn't. I bought it because people were raving about how it made their skin look luminous and perfect but I didn't notice the blurring effect of Dim (just that it made my face orange), didn't think that Incandescent showed up unless applied with a heavy hand (too easy to overapply) and I just didn't like Radiant (too orange but also too subtle, seemed to disappear from my skin). The CT duo doesn't contain an all over setting/blurring powder like this palette does, but I think it does contouring and highlighting much better so I would pick it hands down over this HG palette, which leans much too warm/orange for me. For reference, I'm NC 25-30ish.

on 10/27/2013 11:35:00 PM

I bought this with the intention of hating the product, i wanted to give it a bad review because I think this is overpriced for just a setting powder. I have oily skin and the nars light reflecting powder works great for me because it sets, prolongs my foundation and somehow keeps the oils at bay a bit longer.
Initially I was going to return this after a week of not seeing any difference. The lady at the store told me to give it another chance and since sephora had a great return policy, I decided to give it another chance. I still didn't see any difference, nothing. My skin looked fairly good as usual after my foundation and blush, I didn't see any reason for me to keep this powder. One night I decided to wear it without any makeup at all. I was under white florescent light, no foundation and normally my skin looks uneven with dark shadows under my eyes. I applied dim light on one side and I noticed on that side of my face it looked brighter and a bit even. I applied it all over and it looked good. It kind of reminds me when I freshen up my face with my Mac blot powder to even out and retouch my makeup only this time you don't see any powder or color like the blot powder.
I then applied incandescent light under my eyes and it did brighten up and make my dark shadows less noticeable.
radiant light is great as a bronzer. if you normally don't like using bronzers like i do, i actually like this. my face is kind of angular, i really don't need to contour but radiant just adds a warm glow ever so slightly. i don't know if this will show up as a bronzer on skintones darker than me.
I realize that when I apply my makeup everyday, I am faced next to my window so I have natural sunlight and everyone usually looks good under natural sunlight, that may explain why I couldn't see any difference. I think you might benefit from this product if you work indoors with lousy flat lighting. But for outdoors, in good lighting, it might be a waste of product since you won't see it's benefits.
I have decided to keep it since it will be handy for those specific occasions. I'm not sure if I would repurchase because I'm not sure it also has the benefits of my nars powder which is much cheaper. I'm thinking maybe a lot of people who gave this a good review spend most of the time indoors whereas I don't exactly work indoors everyday. I will give an update to see if it prolongs my foundation like my nars powder but for now i don't regret purchasing it. I am glad I got the palette because I would rather sample more than one than purchasing a couple of full sizes as it may take me a while to realize which works for me the best. I love the sleek packaging, it's slim and great for traveling.