Hourglass Cosmetics Ambient Lighting Palette

Hourglass Cosmetics Ambient Lighting Palette
Hourglass Ambient lighting powder palettehourglass Ambient lighting powder palettehourglass ambient lighting powder paletteHourglass ambient lighting powder palette

4.4

on 10/10/2018 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Well this doesn't so much on me.
The darker shade blends out like crazy, and barely leaves the slightest dark tint behind.
The lightest shade blends out to a very dim sheen.
The middle shade is my exact skin shade.
For the amount of money I paid, I'd hope for a bit more pizazz.

Would not recommend unless you can actually go in store and swatch it on your school. I'm sending this back, sadly.

I forgot I even had this, too light to contour with, dim light NEARLY gets me through a working day, the middle one I use under my eyes even tho it's super shimmery-still looks cute tho. Don't use last one

on 9/26/2018 4:04:00 PM

It’s a great palette and the powders are amazing. Finely milled and gives a glow... but at the end of the day I felt like Dimlight made me look orange and my pores looked så much bigger.

I use radiant light as a bronzing powder and the incandescent light as a highlighter (alternatively all over my face lightly). Overall Guerlain meteorites will always be my favourite as a finishing powder.

For reference, NC25, dry sensitive skin

on 9/11/2018 3:26:00 AM

This has made such a difference in my skin. After finishing my makeup I dust a brush through all three colors and use over the areas where I applied bronzer (cheeks and forehead). It creates a soft focus affect on my skin - no filter needed!

I actually see a difference in my skin when I don’t use this. It gives you a glow from within look that I haven’t been able to replicate with other products. Other reviewers who knock it for being a little too dark for fair skin are right, BUT I have been able to make it work by applying it over my bronzer areas rather than all over.

I recommend and would definitely repurchase. However, you definitely get a lot for your money so I don’t think a repurchase would be necessary for a while!

on 5/7/2018 8:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is very nice, luxury product, but unfortunately not suitable for me with my fair complexion. The package is beautiful, a very sturdy palette with a mirror. The powders are very finely milled and soooo soft and nice that I could play with them all day, but: not on my face. The palette contains three shades: (I am NW15-20 for reference)
- Dim light: a skin-colour (for me) powder with a faint shimmer throughout. As a highlighter it is beautiful but very, very subtle (even for my beloved soft glow from within-look) and as a finishing powder it is too shimmery, even for my undereyes. I have oily skin so I avoid shimmer unless they're in my eyeshadow, blush or highlighter.
- Incandescent light: a more transparant powder with visible shimmer particles/glitter to it, so a no-no for a highlighter imo. Because it has virtually no background colour I didn't know how to use it any other way.
- Radiant light: this shade is too bronzy/orange for me, so I didn't find a good use for it either. I don't like shimmery bronzers so maybe as an eyeshadow...
In short: they are truly beautiful powders which feel so nice to the touch, but they just don't suit my needs/preferences. And for the hefty price tag I can buy a lot of other, affordable highlighters or finishing powders which do work for me/my skin tone. I just can't justify the value vs cost.

I've purchased this twice and would probably repurchase again. A great finishing powder that adds a healthy glow to your make up. I use this everyday over my mineral powder foundation and this has lasted over a year! Love this hourglass lighting powder palette. It's also cruelty free which is great!

on 8/25/2017 5:52:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

It is not life changing but it is a great finishing powder and if you feel like treating yourself to it you won't be disappointed. I'm very fair and I can make those work. The key is using very little.

on 2/1/2017 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I was not expecting this to live up to the hype- but it surpassed my expectations.
So, I have sensitive skin, treated with accutane (just finished the course, now on 'maintenance dose'), so it's a little bit dry but now blemish free.
I use GA luminous silk (LS)foundation (HG btw), so I was worried that using a finishing powder would diminish the luminous finish. Not so! I use dim light all over and I find it really does give my skin an airbrushed, 'filtered' finish! Seriously amazing. My skin looks softer, pores far less visible, all over glowy and luminous. The colour is perfect for my medium skin (5.5 in LS).
I use incandescent as a highlighter on my brow-bones, a little in the middle of my forehead, chin and down my nose. I feel that this provides the perfect amount of shine: doesn't look glittery, sparkly or oily. Absolutely perfect for contouring.
The only disappointment -in terms of colour- is radiant light. The colour is way too orange for me- makes me look like an oompa loompa.
The textures of these powders is super-fine. It's easy to get enough product on your brush. The only problem here is the shape of the powders and the compact. Because theyre pyramid shaped, excess powder rolls down the sides and accumulates, becoming trapped in the edges of the pan. After only a few uses I have heaps on loose powder in the sides, back of the palette. Such a waste.
As for staying power, I'm pretty impressed. Seems to last the whole day (also thanks to my UD setting spray), doesn't go cakey or clog pores.
Overall, I love this palette! Two AMAZING shades out of three aint bad (and maybe I can use radiant as an eye-shadow...). Really makes my skin looks airbrushed! The claims are true- makes your skin look like it's in perfect lighting.
i think I'll buy the travel sized dim light to keep in my purse at all times :)
Definitely worth trying this one, ladies!

on 11/29/2016 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

(For reference, I'm an NC15 skin tone)

After people raved about this palette, I was so excited to get it, but 6 months later, I'm still not impressed with it. There are three shades in the palette, which I'll review individually;

Dim light- this powder is fine and doesn't cake at all, but I have to be VERY light handed with it or it seems to remove my foundation/excessively bronze me. You probably won't have this problem if you're not ridiculously pale

Incandescent light- if Satan was a powder, this would be the one. Once again it's quite fine, but has more glitter than sheen to it; I find the glitter in it to be quite chunky, so it doesn't work as a powder or as a highlight unless you like the chunky glitter look. It's quite dusty too, so wouldn't work as an eyeshadow.

Radiant light- this powder is far too orange-toned for me, so I can find absolutely no use for it. It might be more effective for someone with an olive skin tone.

All in all, I don't find anything particularly impressive about this palette, nor do I find it versatile. It could potentially be good for someone who isn't as pale as me, but I really don't see what the hype is about. For the size of the palette, I think the price (£58) is ridiculous.

I'd say the main positive is the packaging, which is sleek and has a good sized mirror. Everything else is rather average.

I wish this wasn't so good because it's so pricey but it's amazing!!! This really has taken my makeup look up another few levels. At first I was a bit underwhelmed but after a day or two of not wearing it I simply didn't look as good. This brightens my skin, gives it a natural glow and simply makes you look candle lit (cliche but true). I'm ran out of the bronzer shade first as use this over contour so purchased this specific shade again. Loads of the highlighter shade left. Almost out of dim light which is also a stand out shade for general use. Love this and can't be without it!!