Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette

Filtered by age: 25-29
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette
Hourglass Ambient lighting powder palettehourglass Ambient lighting powder palettehourglass ambient lighting powder paletteHourglass ambient lighting powder palette

4.3

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

this was one of the pricier m/u items i've ever bought (i did at least get a discount on it) but it is 3 products in 1 & i love it. i'm very fair (~nc10) & i wasn't sure this would be right for me as it's probably designed for more light-medium skin tones. but the shades in this palette add some soft color & life into my face without being too much. i've never used a bronzer bc they all look like they'd go muddy on me but dim light is like the perfect soft, sheer bronzer for pale skin. radiant light makes a lovely luminous apricot blush & incandescent light is a nice highlighter, glowy but subtle. i think this will be great for summery looks & i would def check out more of the ambient lighting powders.

on 2/29/2016 1:28:00 PM

Wow! Love this palette! It's pricey but it looks amazing on my face lol... I use dim light as setting powder it really makes my pores invisible. The radiant light is a beautiful bronzer, not too orangey not to ashy, it makes my skin glow but not too glittery. And the one in the middle OMG.... Best highlight powder I've ever used! It's beautiful.. gives you that pearly glow and it does not make your pores/bumps more visible!! The whole palette just smooths everything on your skin.... Love it!!! And the lasting power is great! 6 hours on my oily skin without any touch up! Still looking fresh!! Will def repurchase it when It runs out!

on 11/5/2015 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Buying this palette is a splurge for some of us, myself included, but it is worth every penny! I bought mine when they came out and have barely made a dent in any of the powders with frequent use. The results are amazing as well. I definitely prefer these over any other high end highlighters/ powders I own

I came across this on the Sephora website when I filtered by highest reviews. I read the reviews on Sephora and then on Makeupalley and was really impressed with what people were saying. I decided to give it a try, even though its really expensive at $58. Im so glad I tried it!

This palette consists of three shades of the Hourglass Ambient Lighting powders. From left to right, its Dim Light (which I see as an all-over-face finishing powder), Incandescent Light (for highlighting cheekbones, brow, nose, etc.) and Radiant Light (a warmer, bronze-ier shade that could be used for adding warmth if youre medium skin toned or for contouring if youre fair or light). Dim doesnt have much shimmer, while Radiant Light has a little, and Incandescent Light has the most of the three, but its still not too much and its not overly glittery, just a slight shimmer.

At first, I wasnt sold on this. I tried it out on my whole face and I thought it looked nice, but I wasnt sure if it was doing anything more amazing than my Smashbox Contouring Kit was doing. The next day, I put on my foundation, and then used the powders on one half of my face as follows:

Dim Light all over

Incandescent Light on my cheekbone, brow bone, above my eyebrow, down my nose, cupids bow, and chin.

Radiant Light in E shape on face (temple, hollow of cheekbone, jawline)

When only half my face was done, I could tell a drastic difference between the two halves. One side looked soft, perfected, and healthy, while the other half looked flat, dull, and one dimensional. The contouring was subtle, but I could still see that my cheekbones looked more defined. I saw the glowy effect that I had read in the reviews. I even asked my boyfriend, who knows nothing about makeup, if he could tell a difference, and he said that one side looked like it had more color and was healthier (he was talking about the side with Ambient Lighting powders).

Overall, I am in love with this powder. Its a subtle difference, but I think I look much more polished and pretty with this on. Ive gotten a few compliments at work that I look nice or so cute. This is really expensive, and Im interested to see how long it lasts me, but I think Im hooked!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Really brightens up your face, I mix dim light and radiant light and dust it all over my face and then take radiant light under my eyes to set my concealer. I use incandescent light to highlight my cheeks and nose. It makes you look glowy and refreshed. Go buy it!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

i really like this. i use dim light all over. incandescent over my highlight, and radiant light as a bronzer. i use it sometimes if i dont want to wear foundation and it actually makes my skin look better. at first i felt like it did nothing but i really like it now. adds a nice glow and makes the skin look better. can't tell you exactly what changes, just seems nicer. maybe its all placebo. anyway its pretty pricy but seems like itd last a while

I love this product.

When I received it in the mail, I immediately had buyers remorse, because I didn't want to spend that much money on makeup. But nontheless, I decided to try it out... and I love it.

I am very pale. Like fair skinned to begin with, but also haven't been out in the sun all winter. I use the lightest shade to highlight under the eyes. It sets my concealer with a highlighty glow. Diffuses lines, pores, wrinkles. Very finely milled.

I use the bronze shade to dust my large forehead for a very natural sun kissed bronze.

Stays on all day. Expensive. Ugh I love it and will buy it again

on 4/8/2015 1:08:00 AM

I've had this for probably five months now and I've maybe used it eight times. I'm still trying to fall in love with this like so many others but the pallet so toon may not be the right fit for me. The packaging is luxurious and the formula is great. I swatched it in the store and it looked beautiful. Saved up to buy this and got it. Have tried numerous times to try contouring with it a bit of just use it as a light dusted highlight...., I'm not wowed. The color I thought I'd love ( Dim) It looks too pink on my NC20 skin tone. I like the radiance and incandescent. But I feel like my MAC skin finish singles I've used as a setting powder work better.I would not repurchase

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is one product I use everyday in some way. I would repurchase the palette again, but would 100% repurchase Dim and Radiant light in the single when I run out. Since Incandescent light is exclusive to the palette I would probably go with Luminous Light. Dim light has been my go to finishing powder. I use my It Cosmetics Stippling Brush which is quite big and when I'm done with all my makeup I lightly sweep this over my entire face. It blurs my pores and fine lines and gives a lovely glow. I apply radiant light with a big powder brush on top of my bronzer and it adds a hint of warmth but again gives you a natural sun kissed glow. Incandescent Light is a lovely highlight for a natural everyday look IMO. I think this is worth every penny and I'm curious to try more colors.

I am in love with this! At first I thought it was verrrry pricey, but then I thought, well you get 3 colors and the pans are raised/rounded. I feel like they will last me a long time. It took a lot of time for me to cave and actually purchase this palette but I absolutely love it. The dim light is so gorgeous on top of your cheekbones or on your forehead/ all over. The incandescent light is an amazing highlighter shade for cheek bones or brow bone. And radiant light gives such a nice glow to the cheeks. A lit from within look as they say. If you want a truly natural glow, get this pallet. It's so versatile. Very happy with my purchase