Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette

Filtered by age: 18 & Under
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette
Hourglass Ambient lighting powder palettehourglass Ambient lighting powder palettehourglass ambient lighting powder paletteHourglass ambient lighting powder palette

2.0

1 review

on 11/29/2016 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

(For reference, I'm an NC15 skin tone)

After people raved about this palette, I was so excited to get it, but 6 months later, I'm still not impressed with it. There are three shades in the palette, which I'll review individually;

Dim light- this powder is fine and doesn't cake at all, but I have to be VERY light handed with it or it seems to remove my foundation/excessively bronze me. You probably won't have this problem if you're not ridiculously pale

Incandescent light- if Satan was a powder, this would be the one. Once again it's quite fine, but has more glitter than sheen to it; I find the glitter in it to be quite chunky, so it doesn't work as a powder or as a highlight unless you like the chunky glitter look. It's quite dusty too, so wouldn't work as an eyeshadow.

Radiant light- this powder is far too orange-toned for me, so I can find absolutely no use for it. It might be more effective for someone with an olive skin tone.

All in all, I don't find anything particularly impressive about this palette, nor do I find it versatile. It could potentially be good for someone who isn't as pale as me, but I really don't see what the hype is about. For the size of the palette, I think the price (£58) is ridiculous.

I'd say the main positive is the packaging, which is sleek and has a good sized mirror. Everything else is rather average.

Video Reviews & Tutorials