L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly

Filtered by skin tone : Dark
L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly
Voluminous ButterflyVoluminous ButterflyVoluminous ButterflyBest drugstore mascaraVoluminous Butterfly

on 8/30/2015 8:36:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

This mascara makes my lashes look super long & voluminous, doesn't clump even with multiple coats AND it dpesn't make my lashes crispy. It is also waterproof and affordable. This mascara is basically perfect.

on 8/19/2014 4:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I bought this mascara twice so it already wins in my book! I really like the spiny rubber brush. Works well to lengthen and volumize my tiny lashes. I prime my lashes with Great Lash first then apply two coats of this. I hope they don't discontinue this anytime soon. It's a bit gimmicky but I really like the brush.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

new fave. This is my favorite mascara ever! Voluminous never lets me down, but the butterfly effect is perfection. The brush is awesome: curved enough to get every single lash and the butterfly comb means no clumps and coverage from root to tip. This mascara doesn't flake or smudge or bother my sensitive eyes at all.

on 4/29/2014 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I adore the origingal Voluminous and figured since this was BOGO at the drugstore, why not? At the very best, I'd have a new mascara I loved. At the worst, it was free.

This is just mediocre w/ amazing marketing. The wand is tricky to use and took 3 days worth of trying for me to get it right. I like that the bitty part works well on my bottom lashes but the other side doesn't do anything above and beyond what a regular wand would. The formula is good, but I suspect it's the original Voluminous w/ just a fancier package.

My lashes are naturally short and average thickness. With this, they're thicker but still on the short side. And holy hell does this stuff smell! It smells very perfumy, like the kind of stuff you'd find in a dollar store household cleaner.

I won't rebuy.

on 2/6/2014 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Neutral

I wanted to love this mascara because it lengthens so nicely & does give "a butterfly effect", BUT it flakes (even at the beginning / 1st use) & that's a deal breaker for me :(