L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly

Filtered by skin tone : Tan
L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly
Voluminous ButterflyVoluminous ButterflyVoluminous ButterflyBest drugstore mascaraVoluminous Butterfly

3.9

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

Being one of those new mascaras I was hesitant to try it but this one is really neat. The brush really does let you create a flatter lash effect at the end of your lashes, mimicking false lashes. It is not as bold as I wanted, but it's a good mascara.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This I liked LEAST out of all the l'oreal voluminous mascaras :-( the brush DIDNT do anything for my long lashes..I needed volume and this didnt do much at all. I think if the bristles on the brush were closer..or there were more of them then I would have liked this more. The formula worked alright.. I stuck a different brush in the bottle (I know ur not suppose to do this..lol) and it worked out alright...I think its just tha brush.. but I will use the rest of it up. After that, I think I will stick with one of the other voluminous mascaras!!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

it was okay. i just expected more from it. but so far its great.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

My all-time favorite mascara, and I just owned it for about a week!! I bought this mascara because the reviews on youtube were very good. I have yet to find a mascara that I kept repurchasing, until now! It makes my lashes very long and very separated and I do not get as much product on my eyelid as I do with other mascaras. One coat is all I need for an everyday look, and its easy to layer this in because the brush is so small and the teeth in it are so thin. The formula is a little wet, but after it dries a little its even better! I don't understand how the reviews are so bad :( but I strongly recommend! This will also probably work better if your lashes are already curly and long :)

on 7/18/2014 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral

Well I wanted to really like this mascara and I was excited to try it out. Unfortunately, it didn't work for me at all. The brush is different, but it did nothing for my lashes. I apply coat after coat of mascara and yeah eventually my lashes are thick but that's because I have used half the tube of mascara. As far as length...it did nothing for me there either. Overall, I will not be buying this mascara again so on to try others I go.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I really wanted to love this mascara. It had a few great things going for it, but the cons...

THE GOOD:
1. Very black and pigmented
2. Holds my curl (I got the waterproof)
3. Very waterproof (held up through a shower)

THE BAD:
1: Even though it held my curl, it made my lashes look wonky and harshly pinched. Not naturally curly. My lashes were pointing all different directions, which has never happened before.
2. WAYYY too much product on the wand.
3. The wand. Nice for the right eye. Not so much for my left eye. I had to turn my hand to apply it to the left eye in order to have the fanned-out effect.
4. I'm assuming that it's a fiber mascara, but not a very good one, as it left chunks of fiber at the tips of my lashes.
5. Very waterproof. I put this as both a pro and a con, depending on what you're looking for. Wear this to a funeral. Wear it to a wedding. Do nOT wear it for an everyday mascara, unless you want to pull out all your lashes removing it at the end of the night.
6. Packaging looked cool, but the fact that it couldn't stand up made it impossible to display, and it was too long to store in my regular makeup storage.
7. Irritated my eyes. I think the fibers got into my eyes.

Sigh, L'Oreal.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I was very impressed with this mascara I thought it was just going to like any other mascara , but it gave my lashes the 'butterfly look' , nice volumized and lengthened lashes!

on 6/8/2014 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Well what can I say I love this mascara it lengthens my lashes to the point it almost touches my eyebrows which is great for me it also gives me the "butterfly" effect if I focus it on the ends of my lashes which is great but one com for me about this mascara is that it flakes for me throughout the day which I have never experienced with a mascara but then again the packaging is cute and I totally love this mascara and it works great for bottom lashes

on 5/4/2014 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I bought the Waterproof version. This was mediocre. I get really nice length from this mascara, but very minimal volume. This stayed truly waterproof, but it flakes as the day goes on and even happened a few times during application. I also got random clumping if I wasn't too careful.

My favorite thing about this mascara is the brush, it makes application easy and gets all the lashes. This is not the worst mascara in the market, but there's nothing there to bring me back to it.

I think this will be the last time I try anything from the Voluminous line, as they have all disappointed me. With the exception of the Original Voluminous, NONE of the other ones have given me volume and either flaked or smudged on me. I'll be sticking with my CoverGirl Original LashBlast.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

MAYBE the best mascara i have ever used!! I have a medium length and small volume for my lashes. my mom bought something in sephora and gave me the medium size of this (it was a sample) and when i first saw it, I was like wth is with the mascara bottle? Anyways, I used this on my plain lashes and it was pretty awesome because it coats every hair on your eyelashes! Some of it though was sticking to each other so i had to use the small eyelash comb. Then i experimented with my other eyelash and curled it then combed it and finally put it on. My lashes were beautiful!! IT IS PROBABLY THE BEST MASCARA EVER!!