L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Mascara

Filtered by eye Color : Green age: 18 & Under
L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Mascara

3.1

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I don’t like this. I have long lashes, and the mascara does lengthen them greatly but it weighs them down and undoes even the slightest curl. It looks great when I first apply it, but it looks awful after only two hours. It also tends to shed and smear a bit around my eyes. To top it off, it is not cheap either. Just overall not a good product.

on 5/18/2015 5:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Decent mascara, makes my lashes look very.... sleek? I would classify this is as lengthening mascara personally, as I find it volumizing power isn't anything to rave about. It gives my lashes a very romantic look, seperating and flaring them out to the corner. There is a bit of clumping but not as much as some of the drugstore mascaras I've tried.
I can't shake the feeling this product is somewhat gimmicky, but I do enjoy the results it gives me. Three stars for makin my lashes look pretty good, but not holding up to the volumizing claim.

on 8/4/2014 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is probably the best drugstore mascara I have used in a while! It clumped a little more than I would have liked, but overall it was a pretty good mascara.

on 7/4/2014 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this product with really high hopes, that were not met. How could a mascara with such an interesting name, and cool packaging go wrong? First of all the formula is terrible, it made my lashes clump together and felt heavy. By the end of the day there was more mascara on my lids than on my lashes. On the brighter side, I felt that the price point was reasonable. I`m defiantly not buying this product again.

Im not a fan of this mascara. I prefer maybelline mascara. I don't like the smell of this product and it doesn't work. I do like the bottle tho. its cool and fun and its not expensive.

I don't even know where to start with this product. I have tried to wear this several times but I just CANNOT make it work!!!! I literally look like I have sticks coming out of my eyelids... It is really gross. Ok so I can't complain about the packaging- I think it is very cute and sleek. The brush- cool in theory... In THEORY. This wand does nothing but deposit gallons of mascara onto your lashes. I have to literally wipe of every last bit of mascara with a tissue before I can even think about trying to use it. But once I have everything wiped of the brush.... It still manages to make my eyelashes look like thorns!! I just don't get it..... And the formula is so so wet it takes forever to dry. If I blink before this is cometary dry it gets mascara all around my eye. And this mascara is not cheap. I believe I paid $9 for this!!! STAY AWAY FROM THIS PRODUCT!! L'Oreal has much better mascaras to offer!!!

on 6/13/2014 8:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

So it's an alright product. To be honest, the commercials with Barbara Palvin made it look like it was better than it was.

So the packaging is beautiful. I feel so sophisticated when I see it because I think "Oh look at me using L'Oreal products, I'm so fancy" but then I look at the brush. The brush/applicator is unique, so I like that. It's asymmetrical and I keep thinking that I'll poke my eye out when I use it but I don't so that's another good thing. The only real problems I have with this mascara is the formula and, yes, the applicator/brush. So the formula (because I get it in waterproof because my lashes won't hold a curl for anything) is really thick and it just gets clumped up on the brush. I don't understand this because the formula hasn't even touched my lashes yet at this point and it's already clumping together. Then when I put it on my lashes my lashes clump up together, so then I try to comb them through to "unclump" them and it just makes it worse and this is only the first coat. The second coat then follows and I'm still under the impression that they will unclump but they don't. I'm then left with spider lashes and a frown because I'm not as happy as I thought I would be with the mascara.

Overall, it's alright. If you have naturally longer lashes, however, you would like this product because it indeed does what it claims it does...it just doesn't do so for me as well.

Again, overall, a good product. I would buy again later if I wanted to, though.

All I can say is I LOVE this mascara. I'm a contact lenses wearer, one of the main reasons why I bought it. My lashes are already curled and pretty long so I think that's the reason why it doesn't weight my lashes down, instead it curls them more. It's not clumpy and it does separate my lashes. The way the wand is designed does take a little time to get used to but it's not that difficult either. I love how the wand gets my outer lashes too. It can last all day and it doesn't flake much until like 9 hours after wearing it. I think it's fair enough lol. I would definitely recommend this mascara to anyone.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought this mascara because I thought it had a cool wand and I wanted to give it a try. This mascara has a very wet formula. Since I have very fine lashes this ended up just making them clumpy. Generally I go for the more defined lashes look. I also had problems with this mascara flaking off throughout the day. I love the length and volume it added, but since it was too hard to work with I wouldn't repurchase.

The brush is really cool. The mascara glides on smoothly and it isn't clumpy. I have long lashes and it adds a nice flare. It is really natural with one brush. I would definitely buy this again.