L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Mascara

Filtered by eye Color : Brown age: 18 & Under
L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Mascara

4.1

i bought this in the waterproof version because my stick straight, downward pointing asian lashes can't handle normal mascara formulas. the weird brush was difficult to work with, and all it did was clump up my lashes which defeated the whole reason why i bought this in the first place.

I bought this mascara on sale from Shoppers Drug Mart for $2.99...the low price is why I decided to give it a try! I was shocked at its comparability in result of volume and length to what I typically use, "They're Real!" by Benefit. It has family decent staying power, however I always use a base layer (Clinique) under my mascara which may be contributing to it not flaking & staying put all day. The only thing I don't love is the slightly chemical/floral scent from the mascara, but it's something I've learned to get over since I love the result it gives me :)

on 5/19/2015 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I'm so torn on this mascara. It's amazing for length and volume. It makes my lashes really long and it decently gives volume. It gives a sort of spidery look(in a good way). It clumps a little too. I get compliments on my lashes with this. What totally threw me for a loop was that it flakes under my eyes after a couple hours and the formula is too wet for my liking. If someone has a mascara that basically does the same as this but has a better formula, please message me :(

on 1/27/2015 11:59:00 AM

So far my HG drugstore mascara!
I have asian lashes that are kinda long, but super thin and i dont have a lot...
this mascara provides great length and also just enough volume to make them look super fluttery! I find that the brush although is not symmetrical, deposites just the right amount and separates extremely well. At first it wasnt that good but if you let it dry a bit and once the formula isnt so wet, it works really well! holds my curl pretty well but if you let dry in between coats, it will appear clumpy and flake.

on 11/28/2014 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Amazing. No clumps at all, and my lashes look long and thick. The brush can be difficult to use at first but one you get the hang of it you lashes will look amazing.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love it !!! I have long super super straight hard to keep curled lashes . Usually mascaras weight down my lashes even if there waterproof . But this mascara keeps my curl . Separates my lashes and give me more length . Gave me some volume too .

on 9/15/2014 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I kinda feel like this is loreal telescopic carbon black but ever so slightly different and of course with a completley different wand. It is nice, does give length and a decent amount of volume. I constantky go back and forth with this and my loreal telescopiccarbon black which gives less volume than the butterfly which i like for daytime use! I think i would buy again, but im not entirely sure..

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

it was okay. i just expected more from it. but so far its great.

on 9/8/2014 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Great drugstore mascara for lengthened and defined lashes. I wore this to school today, and for 9 hours it has not flaked or smudged. I have the waterproof formula, which works very well for holding the curl. The formula is light weight and dries quickly, and does not weigh down my lashes. The brush does take a while to adjust to, but it's worth it. I used it with Maybelline's the Rocket, because it did not do much for volume. Great for a natural look.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I love, love, LOVE this mascara! The brush gives great separation and length. It also provides nice volume, too. I always curl my lashes, so I don't know how well of a curl it gave. It did give you a "fanned out" look, which was what I was looking for and it was definitely true to the advertisements. I only have two cons. One is that all of a sudden it gets extremely dry. It's not even a gradual descent to dryness, it's like one day you open up the tube and it's perfectly normal, and then the next day it's desert dry. The second is the price. L'oreal mascaras tend to be on the pricey side, but they're well worth it.