L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Mascara

Filtered by eye Color : Blue age: 18 & Under
L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Mascara

3.8

I like the concept, but am thoroughly disappointed. This mascara clumped like crazy, and my eyelashes were all stuck together, even after combing them with a clean spoolie. I paid $25.95 for this, and I really wish I didn't. I will not be buying this again, unless I can find a way to stop it from clumping. It was really thick, and slopped onto my lashes without spreading though them. It started flaking within 20 minutes, and went all through my eyes (I have very sensitive eyes, that are prone to infection). It smells of plastic. I don't have a habit of smelling mascara, but upon sniffing it, I was hit with a very strong stench of plastic. I don't like that.
I typically like L'Oreal's products, but this was one that I regret.

I really like this mascara! It makes my eyelashes look a lot longer. Also, my eyelashes naturally point down and other mascaras aren't good at having them stay up But I can wear this mascara all day and my eyes lashes stay curled up. It's also extremely easy to wash off.

Unfortunately, this didn't work out... FOR ME and I think it's important to point it out because I'm not the one that likes to flip my wrist or switch hands - even tought i do with this one. It does give nice definition, nice length and volume... but I could only get the right eye right (no pun intended!). I gave it to my sister and since she flips her wrist, she likes it. It can sometimes flakes, so one lippie out for flaking and one lippie out for the fact that it doesn't works for me. I had the midnight black version, by the way. If you want this without the 'wing', i recommend the L'Oréal voluminous million lashes. I found the formulas to be somewhat similar; only thing that changes is that on the million lashes the bristles are longer and have no wing.

One of the best drugstore mascaras I've tried In quite some time! Want a delicate natural look? Well look no further. Want dramatic lashes that don't look clumpy? Look no further! This mascara is versatile as it is easily build-able as far we mascaras go. This mascara is true to colour (very black). Great for separating, volumizing, lengthening, and curling lashes. The packaging is also very sleek and understated- but the product holds its own! Will definitely re-purchase.

on 8/8/2014 6:58:00 PM

I got this mascara a couple of months ago and I really like it! It adds length, volume, and curl to my lashes. This gives my eyes a very bold look and I would recommend this to everyone.

When I first heard about this product I got really excited to get it because of all the high reviews. However I was not that impressed. The mascara I purchased was the waterproof black and it was $8. The brush was ok but clumped a little bit unless I brushed very fast. But it didn't really do much volume wise. But I did like the length it gave me and how long it lasts. It's just a pain to get of since it's waterproof but a oil based remover usually takes care of that. Overall, I'm giving it a 3/5 because it does work really good for how cheap it is.

on 6/12/2014 2:08:00 PM

Overall, I LOVE this mascara!! It really volumizes and separates my lashes amazingly!! However, it doesn't really give my eyelashes the "butterfly" look.. But I would for sure buy this mascara again!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I was very impressed with this mascara I thought it was just going to like any other mascara , but it gave my lashes the 'butterfly look' , nice volumized and lengthened lashes!

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Overall - the best drugstore mascara I've tried, and I've tried a lot.
Plus - my eyelashes suck. They're so bad... thin, straight, and uncooperative with most mascaras. So keep that in mind ...

PROS:
1. Makes eyelashes look very long and thinner at the end, very Disney-princess-y.

2. Holds curl well.

3. Doesn't feel tough - feels natural and soft.

CONS:
1. Can flake if you put in on your lower lashes, but overall it's fine.

2. Packaging is cute and since it's so reflective it's easy to find in a makeup bag!

on 1/21/2014 11:19:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

A little disappointed with this one :( I have very long, medium brown, average thickness lashes. I always buy black mascara, and I don't buy waterproof because me lashes are prone to drying out and becoming brittle. Soooo, that means I need a formula that will hold a curl and not be too drying. I love the formula of this!! Very black, sort of a mousse like consistency. But what I hate and why it gets 2 lippies off- it FLAKES. BAD. Granted, I wear this on school days with figure skating practice right afterwards, so it's in for a solid 13 hours before I take it off. I also wear eyeshadow and liquid liner, with primer so my oily lids should not be a problem. It could be since my lashes are so long they scrape my brows, but I really wish it would stay on better. I love the brush, packaging, price, color, everything but the flakiness factor!! So, unfortunately, once the tube is done I don't think I am getting another :(