L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly
Voluminous ButterflyVoluminous ButterflyVoluminous ButterflyBest drugstore mascaraVoluminous Butterfly

3.6

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

One of the worst mascaras I've ever tried. It seems like a good idea- the comb style applicator but it just made a huge mess when I tried to get into the roots of my naturally blonde lashes. I have almond shaped eyes and they aren't large but not extremely small. I would say my eyes are average in size. To maneuver this applicator, I think you would have to have large eyes. L'Oréal has some great mascaras- this isn't one of them and it's not inexpensive.

on 12/15/2016 8:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is like my second tube of this mascara and this is amazing. I have the waterproof one and it lasts all day! It may seem hard to take off from the lashes but the trick is to use petroleum jelly or some oil.

on 12/5/2016 2:44:00 AM

Loreal as a brand I would have to say is exceptional, I've tried many of they're products the mascaras have been awesome have yet to be disappointed. This one here in particular builds up long lashes has staying power as far as the curl and lasts all day. My daughter loves this one as well, the wand takes some getting used too but once you get the feel of it you will see how it separates your lashes with no clumping and appreciate the finish it leaves. Your eyes will stand out with this one

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Works great if you want long,curled lashes! The brush is odd,but once your used to it,its no problem.The black is nice and dark,the formula is outstanding.I find it works even greater the more you use it .Use the wand slowly and go straight upward! Just can't beat it!!

This mascara is "meh." The brush is definitely unique, although difficult to use. I tend to be pretty clean when applying mascara, but this never fails to get all over my eyelid. It doesn't look bad though, it's an average mascara. I have oily eyelids and this does tend to smudge a little under my eyebrow (I have long lashes). I can imagine that someone with normal to dry skin wouldn't have that problem though! The price is fair, but a little pricey for a drugstore mascara (around eleven bucks). I have used mascaras that work better on me, but I can't say I hate this one!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I just bought this mascara and already LOVE IT! If you want a mascara with length and volume, this it. Other mascara's on my lashes never made a dramatic difference. But this, wow! At first I thought the wand was odd, but it really works. I'll be buying this from now on 😊 my lashes got 3x their size, and no clumps.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Admittedly, I haven't yet tried the mascara, only the wand. But I really feel I must tell you how much I love it, and why. I will update this review as soon as I buy the mascara and test out the formula, which should be very soon despite the fact that I have too many mascaras right now.

Can a woman ever really have too much makeup? Wait, don't answer that question. :P

Anyhoo, yesterday I was in Walmart and there was this woman there with a small kiosk set up. As soon as I realized it was for L'Oreal, I made a beeline straight to her. Who doesn't love free makeup and coupons?

Apparently, L'Oreal is coming out with a new line of moisturizers that are designed for women in different stages of life, such as 20s, 30s, 40s and so on. This sounds great, and the moisturizer I tried on my hand was decent, but the numbers are awkward, because they're labeled: 25, 35, 45, 55. So it's halfway through each decade of life. This is nothing short of odd, plain and simple. I know I got off on a tangent here, but I wanted to throw that info out there in case someone reading this sees them and has no idea what those random numbers on lotion jars mean.

But back to the mascara. The nice woman gave me the wand to keep, but unfortunately there was no mascara to try with it, so I honestly have no idea how good the formula is yet.

However, I can say with 100% certainty that if you like long, separately defined lashes then you will more than likely adore this wand. As far as I'm concerned, a mascara is only as good as its wand. It could be the most expensive mascara in the world, but if the wand is crappy, fuhgettaboutit.

In this case, the wand is simply wonderful if length, not volume, is what you like. If you use a volumizing mascara first, then layer that with a lengthening mascara (which a lot of makeup artists do), then you might also really love this wand.

For many years I was all about volumizing, preferring that over length, then I started to layer mascaras so I could have the best of both worlds. It wasn't until recently that I realized using a lengthening mascara gives a very clean, simple look that calls attention to the lashes for just being pretty.

Sometimes the star of the show is the eyelashes, and for those occasions I prefer simplicity and length which this wand offers in heaps.

* I know it doesn't matter, but I've never in my life found a mascara that both volumized and lengthened. It seems they're either good for only one or the other, because of the limitations of the wand. But maybe someday that special mascara will be created and we can all weep with joy. Until then, the hunt is on for the perfect blend of mascaras.

on 3/13/2016 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I was obsessed on finding for a mascara that would make my lashes look naturally long. I looked up some brands on the internet and I saw some pictures of reviews of this mascara I found that the it gave the lashes a good length but everytime it looked so clumpy and unnatural - exactly the opposite of what I was searching for. Anyway, I found the concept kinda interesting and the price waa ok, so i decided to give it a try. Oh, boy, I'm so glad i did! The brush is pretty complicated (i guess that's where this awkward looks you're gonna see on the internet come from), but once you learn how to use it, you're gonna get flawless lashes. At least its what happened to me! My lashes look so long and perfectly separated from each other, and with one application I'm ready to go! No, it won't really curl your lashes (you might actually want to use an eyelash curler with this one - still totally worth it), it won't give them crazy volume (well I particularly find too much volume kinda ugly) but it's such a light, fluid and nice mascara, I can't complain about that! I'm so glad I found this baby!
PS: about the "flaky" part. Yep, it might flake... But only if you will keep rubbing your eyes. Actually the waterproof version almost doesn't flake and it's pretty hard to remove.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I hate this brush.
The formula is not for me. It Smudges around my eyes yet is hard to completely remove at the end of the day!
Flaked and just did not wear well, also it did not wow me in any way.

I bought this mascara on sale from Shoppers Drug Mart for $2.99...the low price is why I decided to give it a try! I was shocked at its comparability in result of volume and length to what I typically use, "They're Real!" by Benefit. It has family decent staying power, however I always use a base layer (Clinique) under my mascara which may be contributing to it not flaking & staying put all day. The only thing I don't love is the slightly chemical/floral scent from the mascara, but it's something I've learned to get over since I love the result it gives me :)