L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly

Filtered by hair type : Relaxed
L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly
Voluminous ButterflyVoluminous ButterflyVoluminous ButterflyBest drugstore mascaraVoluminous Butterfly

4.5

on 8/19/2014 4:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I bought this mascara twice so it already wins in my book! I really like the spiny rubber brush. Works well to lengthen and volumize my tiny lashes. I prime my lashes with Great Lash first then apply two coats of this. I hope they don't discontinue this anytime soon. It's a bit gimmicky but I really like the brush.

on 8/6/2014 3:12:00 AM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This mascara is pretty much the best thing that's ever happened to me. I used to use Maybelline mascaras (stiletto, one by one, colossal, etc.) and now I whole-heartedly regret spending money on them.

My thin asian lashes are pretty long but point straight down. It's difficult for them to hold a curl. This is the ONLY mascara I've ever tried that not only lengthens them beautifully but adds volume and truly, truly gives that butterfly look. And best part is that it holds my curl all day and doesn't smudge at all!

However, I would not recommend this mascara for beginners because it's one of those products that you have to be careful with in order for it to reach its fullest potential (but trust me, it's 10/10 at its full potential!) The wand is something you'll need to get used to because it's pretty unique lol just look at pics, you'll see. In addition, the wand has a tendency to pick up too much product. However, I find that you can get the right amount of product by quickly taking the wand straight out of the tube without twisting it or touching the sides.

I recommend the waterproof formula because it literally won't budge or smudge ALL day. Dear god, I wore this to the pool and I was the only girl out of all my friends who didn't get raccoon eyes. And the amazing thing is that I still had a lot of mascara to remove that night even after spending a day at the pool.

I could not recommend this enough. If Loreal ever decides to discontinue this, I think I might actually have to kill myself.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

A great mascara. It made my lashes EXPLODE.

on 4/29/2014 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I adore the origingal Voluminous and figured since this was BOGO at the drugstore, why not? At the very best, I'd have a new mascara I loved. At the worst, it was free.

This is just mediocre w/ amazing marketing. The wand is tricky to use and took 3 days worth of trying for me to get it right. I like that the bitty part works well on my bottom lashes but the other side doesn't do anything above and beyond what a regular wand would. The formula is good, but I suspect it's the original Voluminous w/ just a fancier package.

My lashes are naturally short and average thickness. With this, they're thicker but still on the short side. And holy hell does this stuff smell! It smells very perfumy, like the kind of stuff you'd find in a dollar store household cleaner.

I won't rebuy.