L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Mascara

L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Mascara

4.2

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I was very disappointed by this mascara. I bought the water proof version and let me tell you it was so difficult for me to remove I thought I was going to lose eyelashes. It also clumped horribly. Maybe I just got a bad batch, because I found that the actual product inside the tube was drying out quicker than normal. Definitely will not repurchase.

on 4/3/2015 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I'd been eyeing this out for a while because of the shiny-licious tube, and was unpleasantly surprised when it turned out to be the ONLY mascara in the history of my mascara usage that has ever flaked on me.

I will continue to use this because it DOES give the volume that is expected -seeing as it is a L'Oreal voluminous... but i can't wait until something better comes on sale that will save me from this black-pepper-under-eye nightmare. Not cool considering i paid 10 dollars for this, not cool at all.

Granted if i stay inside all day and don't move much then the flaking is minimal, but....ugh, such a disappointment, i really hoped i would love this.

2/5 for the thickness it gives my lashes, 3 lippies taken off for unsightly and un-beautifying flakes.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got this mascara in a Target beauty box last year and have been using it for the last couple of months. As the owner of the world's shortest, stumpiest lashes, I have to say that I'm impressed. The mascara gives me both length and volume, as well as a nice dark black color. I'm impressed at the lack of smearing, too - I have oily skin and a bad habit of rubbing my eyes. I have a zillion other mascaras to try once this one runs out or gets past the 6-month mark (they came with Sephora kits), but I'd be willing to buy this again.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I got this mascara and had really high hopes hearing from a few others that it was a really good mascara. I found this to be a big disappointment. From the first look this mascara is very different. The brush has a comb look to it and does have more of a point on the one end and a really fuller and wider base. I found this seemed to give a great uplifted, voluminous look to my eyelashes. I really liked the look it gave my lashes. The problem is this formula is wet and clumps quite a bit. I found it kind of a pain to wait for this to dry before doing the next layer. I liked the look of my lashes after they had dried. I just found this mascara to be a bit fussy to mess with. On the days when I was in a rush I avoided using this mascara because it does take more work and cannot be applied quickly.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

My favorite mascara definitely.
Gives your lashes a really nice lenght and it separates them quite nice.
i will buy this product again as soon as i run out of it..

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Eh. I don't like the wand. And the mascara clumps. It's okay. But I prefer many other mascaras over this one.

on 8/23/2014 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is such a fun mascara for nightime "va-va-voom" lashes!

Pros:
I have NEVER before used a mascara that gave so much length! Now usually I don't go for lengthening formulas because my lashes are insanely long (thank you Latesse) but every once in a while I want that major falsie look. That's exactly what I get with this stuff. I also really love that you can layer and layer and if it gets clumpy, it combs out very easily, separating lashes with ease. It also goes with your curl and doesn't weigh them down, just emphasizes them. This is one of the best brushes I have ever tried, hands down. Its extremely easy to work with for me and gets every single lash coated and covered. I have really sensitive eyes and this doesn't bug me at all (I did not get the waterproof though and can't speak for that one). It never smeared or flaked, yet washed off really easily.

Cons:
I am not the biggest fan of fibers in mu mascara and if you over-coat or apply too many coats without allowing the previous one to dry, you do/can get those odd little fiber waves at the end of the lashes. I also don't get good volume at all and some lashes do tend to stick together. Again though that is remedied by combing it out. So to get the most out of this mascara you do have to work with it a little, which can be a con to many (although I don't mind).

This is going to become a staple for me - so far I have reached for it whenever I have nighttime events and I get nothing but compliments. I love this stuff!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

My all-time favorite mascara, and I just owned it for about a week!! I bought this mascara because the reviews on youtube were very good. I have yet to find a mascara that I kept repurchasing, until now! It makes my lashes very long and very separated and I do not get as much product on my eyelid as I do with other mascaras. One coat is all I need for an everyday look, and its easy to layer this in because the brush is so small and the teeth in it are so thin. The formula is a little wet, but after it dries a little its even better! I don't understand how the reviews are so bad :( but I strongly recommend! This will also probably work better if your lashes are already curly and long :)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is truly the best mascara I have EVER purchased !(and i have tried tons) I usually use maybelline but thought Id try this on a whim. I am truly impressed and think that L'Oreal has gained another loyal customer. I have never, that I can remember purchased any L'oreal make up before. I am so impressed now that I can't wait to try some more of their products! The only gripe I have is the smell. The odor is yucky but not overwhelmingly strong. That's why I only have 4 lip sticks instead of 5.

on 6/25/2014 2:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Good drugstore mascara. Nice and moist for my easily dry lashes, very lengthening and separating, rubber bristles which I prefer. Only thing is it smudges a bit and seemed to make my sensitive eyes mildly itchy.