L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Mascara

3.8

on 5/19/2015 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I'm so torn on this mascara. It's amazing for length and volume. It makes my lashes really long and it decently gives volume. It gives a sort of spidery look(in a good way). It clumps a little too. I get compliments on my lashes with this. What totally threw me for a loop was that it flakes under my eyes after a couple hours and the formula is too wet for my liking. If someone has a mascara that basically does the same as this but has a better formula, please message me :(

on 5/18/2015 5:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Decent mascara, makes my lashes look very.... sleek? I would classify this is as lengthening mascara personally, as I find it volumizing power isn't anything to rave about. It gives my lashes a very romantic look, seperating and flaring them out to the corner. There is a bit of clumping but not as much as some of the drugstore mascaras I've tried.
I can't shake the feeling this product is somewhat gimmicky, but I do enjoy the results it gives me. Three stars for makin my lashes look pretty good, but not holding up to the volumizing claim.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

For L'Oreal, this is my least fav mascara i've ever used by this company. The so called "butterfly" look ended up a mess.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

My holy grail mascara! I wouldn't recommend this for anyone who wants natural lashes, however I would recommend it to someone who loves long bold lashes. I'm not a fan of fake lashes and 2 thin coats of this mascara does it all for me! I love the brush and use the smaller bristle for my lower lashes. This is by far my favourite drugstore mascara

on 9/15/2014 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I kinda feel like this is loreal telescopic carbon black but ever so slightly different and of course with a completley different wand. It is nice, does give length and a decent amount of volume. I constantky go back and forth with this and my loreal telescopiccarbon black which gives less volume than the butterfly which i like for daytime use! I think i would buy again, but im not entirely sure..

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I love, love, LOVE this mascara! The brush gives great separation and length. It also provides nice volume, too. I always curl my lashes, so I don't know how well of a curl it gave. It did give you a "fanned out" look, which was what I was looking for and it was definitely true to the advertisements. I only have two cons. One is that all of a sudden it gets extremely dry. It's not even a gradual descent to dryness, it's like one day you open up the tube and it's perfectly normal, and then the next day it's desert dry. The second is the price. L'oreal mascaras tend to be on the pricey side, but they're well worth it.

on 8/22/2014 4:07:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have the blackest black waterproof version of this mascara. I really like the look it gives my lashes, but the brush is kind of confusing and not super quick and easy to use. It takes a few coats to make my lashes look the way I want them to, but it lasts all day. Unfortunately, it's not the most waterproof mascara out there. If it's sprinkling outside, then you're fine, but if it's much more than that, this mascara doesn't hold up so great. It's easy to remove, on the other hand. I didn't notice a smell, which is a plus. However, I wouldn't repurchase it because I prefer wet formulas, and for the $7 I think I can buy a better mascara.

on 8/7/2014 12:41:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Has a very wet formula, and the wand itself is very good (rubber). It really gets into your lashes and lengthens and volumizes very well. For my lashes it holds a decent curl and not a "straight up" lash kind of look. I do not like the smell of it at all, it makes me want to close my eyes all the time. Its like the smell makes you feel like how youve been in a car for awhile with blasted a.c, and you cant help but to close them; Thats exactly the feeling. But it really is a good mascara overall, i really feel like the tube could last awhile since the mascara formula is so wet (but not runny).
I have thick long lashes so it really is a lash enchancer for me..
I did have a friend that had short, brittle, asian lashes. It worked very well for her and it really lengthened and volumized her lashes. But it did not make them thicker.
This mascara i can compare to the rimmel glam eyes mascara, but the only reason why i think this butterfly mascara is better is because it has a curve on the wand so it really helps grab/hug all the lashes.

on 8/4/2014 7:58:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is my new "Holy Grail" mascara. It is just so perfect for me. It lengthens and adds volume like no other mascara I've ever tried. It reminds me of Maybelline The Rocket on steroids. Can't live without it!!

on 7/4/2014 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this product with really high hopes, that were not met. How could a mascara with such an interesting name, and cool packaging go wrong? First of all the formula is terrible, it made my lashes clump together and felt heavy. By the end of the day there was more mascara on my lids than on my lashes. On the brighter side, I felt that the price point was reasonable. I`m defiantly not buying this product again.