L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Mascara

Filtered by hair type : Straight age: 18 & Under
L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Mascara

3.4

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I don’t like this. I have long lashes, and the mascara does lengthen them greatly but it weighs them down and undoes even the slightest curl. It looks great when I first apply it, but it looks awful after only two hours. It also tends to shed and smear a bit around my eyes. To top it off, it is not cheap either. Just overall not a good product.

i bought this in the waterproof version because my stick straight, downward pointing asian lashes can't handle normal mascara formulas. the weird brush was difficult to work with, and all it did was clump up my lashes which defeated the whole reason why i bought this in the first place.

on 1/27/2015 11:59:00 AM

So far my HG drugstore mascara!
I have asian lashes that are kinda long, but super thin and i dont have a lot...
this mascara provides great length and also just enough volume to make them look super fluttery! I find that the brush although is not symmetrical, deposites just the right amount and separates extremely well. At first it wasnt that good but if you let it dry a bit and once the formula isnt so wet, it works really well! holds my curl pretty well but if you let dry in between coats, it will appear clumpy and flake.

on 9/8/2014 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Great drugstore mascara for lengthened and defined lashes. I wore this to school today, and for 9 hours it has not flaked or smudged. I have the waterproof formula, which works very well for holding the curl. The formula is light weight and dries quickly, and does not weigh down my lashes. The brush does take a while to adjust to, but it's worth it. I used it with Maybelline's the Rocket, because it did not do much for volume. Great for a natural look.

on 8/4/2014 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is probably the best drugstore mascara I have used in a while! It clumped a little more than I would have liked, but overall it was a pretty good mascara.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I really wanted to love this mascara. It had a few great things going for it, but the cons...

THE GOOD:
1. Very black and pigmented
2. Holds my curl (I got the waterproof)
3. Very waterproof (held up through a shower)

THE BAD:
1: Even though it held my curl, it made my lashes look wonky and harshly pinched. Not naturally curly. My lashes were pointing all different directions, which has never happened before.
2. WAYYY too much product on the wand.
3. The wand. Nice for the right eye. Not so much for my left eye. I had to turn my hand to apply it to the left eye in order to have the fanned-out effect.
4. I'm assuming that it's a fiber mascara, but not a very good one, as it left chunks of fiber at the tips of my lashes.
5. Very waterproof. I put this as both a pro and a con, depending on what you're looking for. Wear this to a funeral. Wear it to a wedding. Do nOT wear it for an everyday mascara, unless you want to pull out all your lashes removing it at the end of the night.
6. Packaging looked cool, but the fact that it couldn't stand up made it impossible to display, and it was too long to store in my regular makeup storage.
7. Irritated my eyes. I think the fibers got into my eyes.

Sigh, L'Oreal.

on 6/13/2014 8:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

So it's an alright product. To be honest, the commercials with Barbara Palvin made it look like it was better than it was.

So the packaging is beautiful. I feel so sophisticated when I see it because I think "Oh look at me using L'Oreal products, I'm so fancy" but then I look at the brush. The brush/applicator is unique, so I like that. It's asymmetrical and I keep thinking that I'll poke my eye out when I use it but I don't so that's another good thing. The only real problems I have with this mascara is the formula and, yes, the applicator/brush. So the formula (because I get it in waterproof because my lashes won't hold a curl for anything) is really thick and it just gets clumped up on the brush. I don't understand this because the formula hasn't even touched my lashes yet at this point and it's already clumping together. Then when I put it on my lashes my lashes clump up together, so then I try to comb them through to "unclump" them and it just makes it worse and this is only the first coat. The second coat then follows and I'm still under the impression that they will unclump but they don't. I'm then left with spider lashes and a frown because I'm not as happy as I thought I would be with the mascara.

Overall, it's alright. If you have naturally longer lashes, however, you would like this product because it indeed does what it claims it does...it just doesn't do so for me as well.

Again, overall, a good product. I would buy again later if I wanted to, though.

on 6/8/2014 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Well what can I say I love this mascara it lengthens my lashes to the point it almost touches my eyebrows which is great for me it also gives me the "butterfly" effect if I focus it on the ends of my lashes which is great but one com for me about this mascara is that it flakes for me throughout the day which I have never experienced with a mascara but then again the packaging is cute and I totally love this mascara and it works great for bottom lashes

on 4/24/2014 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

The packaging for this is absolutely pretty. I also found the brush to be quite interesting as well. The brush has two little "wings" and I think it's really unique. I actually bought it because I like my eyelashes to be longer as I go towards the outer corners of my eyes and when I saw that this mascara claimed that it could do that, I bought it right away. At first, I hated it because I used the side that has short bristles then gradually has the wings. At that time, I was not happy because it didn't give me the butterfly look and I was really disappointed. It also weighed down my eyelashes. I was so devastated. Then I tried a different technique. For the first coat, I used the side with all the short bristles and then to make my lashes towards the outer corner of my eye longer, I switched to the side of the brush with the wings and used only the longer bristles to lengthen my outer lashes. The wings actually make it quite easy to apply mascara to my outer lashes. Even with the new technique, it still weighed down my eyelashes. So I used Maybelline Rocket mascara to help lift my lashes with the rolling pin technique. It helped a bit. :) So all-in-all, it's a good mascara but not really VERY VERY HG GOOD. It lengthens very well, it truly gives the butterfly look it claims(using my technique), doesn't smudge, flake or clump. I just wish it didn't weigh down my eyelashes so that I could call this my HG mascara. :( I would still buy it though.

on 4/21/2014 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This is an okay mascara. It does the job of giving my eyelashes volume but after an hour or so, it flakes and smudges under my eye. And after two coats or so, my lashes start to get test 'spidery' look.