L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Mascara

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium age: 18 & Under
L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Mascara

4.2

on 1/27/2015 11:59:00 AM

So far my HG drugstore mascara!
I have asian lashes that are kinda long, but super thin and i dont have a lot...
this mascara provides great length and also just enough volume to make them look super fluttery! I find that the brush although is not symmetrical, deposites just the right amount and separates extremely well. At first it wasnt that good but if you let it dry a bit and once the formula isnt so wet, it works really well! holds my curl pretty well but if you let dry in between coats, it will appear clumpy and flake.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

My holy grail mascara! I wouldn't recommend this for anyone who wants natural lashes, however I would recommend it to someone who loves long bold lashes. I'm not a fan of fake lashes and 2 thin coats of this mascara does it all for me! I love the brush and use the smaller bristle for my lower lashes. This is by far my favourite drugstore mascara

on 8/22/2014 4:07:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have the blackest black waterproof version of this mascara. I really like the look it gives my lashes, but the brush is kind of confusing and not super quick and easy to use. It takes a few coats to make my lashes look the way I want them to, but it lasts all day. Unfortunately, it's not the most waterproof mascara out there. If it's sprinkling outside, then you're fine, but if it's much more than that, this mascara doesn't hold up so great. It's easy to remove, on the other hand. I didn't notice a smell, which is a plus. However, I wouldn't repurchase it because I prefer wet formulas, and for the $7 I think I can buy a better mascara.

on 8/8/2014 6:58:00 PM

I got this mascara a couple of months ago and I really like it! It adds length, volume, and curl to my lashes. This gives my eyes a very bold look and I would recommend this to everyone.

I was really excited to try this product out because my eyelashes do not like just any mascara. It was a good product. I love the bottle and the wand, the wing on the end truly does grab the ends of your eyelashes to extend them, which I had a hard time with using other mascaras. The formula was a little 'wet' , but it wasn't bad at all. I didn't get clumps using this , which is great because I always have to have clump-free lashes. It separated my lashes and lengthened them. It wasn't very volumizing; I didn't feel as if my lashes were all completely separated, voluminous, and long. Definitely better than A bunch if drugstore mascaras. Applies wonderfully to bottom lashes, especially small ones like I have. I would use this on-the-go if I didn't have time to apply another mascara or if I couldn't find a better one. Currently my go-to mascara. Recommended.

on 8/4/2014 7:58:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is my new "Holy Grail" mascara. It is just so perfect for me. It lengthens and adds volume like no other mascara I've ever tried. It reminds me of Maybelline The Rocket on steroids. Can't live without it!!

on 8/4/2014 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is probably the best drugstore mascara I have used in a while! It clumped a little more than I would have liked, but overall it was a pretty good mascara.

When they say waterproof, they mean waterproof. They mean cry your eyes out, jump in the
pool, spend an entire day at the water park, waterproof. It made my short straight eyelashes look amazing and doesn't look like spider legs with several coats.

on 5/31/2014 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was a little hesitant about buying this mascara, since I had seen some bad reviews. However, upon obtaining a $3 off coupon, I decided to go for it. I got the waterproof version in Blackest Black. The brush is very different from other brushes. Its plastic bristled are placed shorter to longer, but it is barely noticeable. There are two rows that stand out longer than the rest, and that is the side I use to apply the mascara. I have short and straight Asian lashes, and when I apply mascara I always curl my lashes. This mascara effectively held the curl, and it lasted all day until I took it off about nine hours later after my day. No flaking had occurred, but minimal smudging did. Now about what it did for my lashes, I was amazed. Unlike some of the other reviews I've seen, my results were different. It gave my lashes length and volume, and I could indeed see a little bit of a winged out effect. It does not clump on my lashes, and is super light. I think this surpasses my long time favorite mascara, the Colossal.

All I can say is I LOVE this mascara. I'm a contact lenses wearer, one of the main reasons why I bought it. My lashes are already curled and pretty long so I think that's the reason why it doesn't weight my lashes down, instead it curls them more. It's not clumpy and it does separate my lashes. The way the wand is designed does take a little time to get used to but it's not that difficult either. I love how the wand gets my outer lashes too. It can last all day and it doesn't flake much until like 9 hours after wearing it. I think it's fair enough lol. I would definitely recommend this mascara to anyone.