L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly
Voluminous ButterflyVoluminous ButterflyVoluminous ButterflyBest drugstore mascaraVoluminous Butterfly

3.7

on 8/9/2018 7:15:00 PM

I found this is the ONLY mascara (because of its weird brush-comb !! ) that will work on my lower eyelashes without hitting the skin and having to touch up smears. Fat brushes don't work for lower lashes at all...or even normal brushes, IMHO. Thumbs up for that!

on 6/9/2018 2:46:00 PM

I like the brush, but that's pretty much it. The actual product is wet, heavy and sticks my lashes together in wet clumps. I also lose all traces of curl I've managed to create it weighs them down so much which peeves me to no end. I've tried this mascara maybe 5 or 6 times but it's going in the trash bin, I just can't make it work for me. DISLIKE!!!!

on 1/27/2017 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have researched and tried countless mascaras. I have rather average lashes lengthwise but they are thin and not noticeable unless coated with mascara - and as I age they get more sparse. I have had certain brands make them brittle and break, so now I have to be extra careful. There are several mascaras I've used that are okay, but nothing really gives that lush look except false lashes. This does come close, however. It does clump a little if not used carefully, but it does give length and volume to lashes - some at my age might think too much.

One caveat - I accidentally bought the waterproof version first (the "waterproof" indication is small indeed). I figured I would use it, but I tried four times with three different waterproof makeup removers and it never came off (I figure it will just wear off...taking a few days). Waterproof? It's tsunami-proof. If you swim with mascara this might be a good choice. I did note that someone suggested petroleum jelly to remove it. I don't need anything that waterproof!

on 1/18/2017 7:34:00 AM

This is a pretty good mascara. It is one of my favorite drugstore mascaras...once you get the hang of the brush, it is easy to apply and it does make my lashes darker, fuller, and longer, without clumping. The tube lasts several months for me, too. I like this mascara. Not LOVE, but I like it. And I like it enough to re-purchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Very good mascara. The bristles in the brush are excellent and grip your lashes well. If you like sculpting mascaras, this is for you. I add this to the ends of my lashes and then pull through from the root. Coverage is excellent and the formula is nice and thin and pairs well with the brush. Great staying power, does not travel on hot days or pool under lashes if you get sweaty. Even stays put during an afternoon nap. I really like this mascara and will definitely repurchase.

on 5/21/2016 10:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Sticky and wet. Makes my (already spare) lashes stick together. Smudges all over. Needless to say I do not like.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I looooove this mascara. It's the first mascara I've used that actually made my lashes look different, it lengthens like crazy in a natural way, to the point where people have complimented them which like NEVER happens, and it also gives definition, though not that much volume despite the name. I also appreciate that the packaging is pretty sleek compared to the super bulky, bright neon tubes taking over the makeup aisle. I've bought it multiple times. However, it does flake a bit, and my eyes are quite sensitive and this makes my eyes red and dry :( so I'm on the hunt again for a gentler mascara that hopefully can be as pretty as this one.

on 11/12/2015 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this mascara solely based on the intriguing looking wand. What I don't get is why it isn't already in the tube of mascara but there must be a reason as its not the only one to package itself this way. I found the product on the dry side, not a big issue for me as I have deeply hooded eyes and really wet mascara is a mess to clean up on me anyway. The wand works surprisingly well on my hooded downturned eyes and gave them the illusion of lift which was a very pleasant surprise. Staying power was remarkable, and no problem to remove with an eye makeup remover. In fact, I'm surprised just how much product was on my lashes gives the few brush strokes applied. I have tried many different drug store mascaras, this is one of the better ones for me, my lashes looked much longer than with most other formulas so I probably will purchase it again. As for all these claims that a mascara curls your lashes, I have yet to find this to be true in my lifetime. I routinely use an eyelash curler and I don't think that works all that well either.

Update 1/15/2017 - I have downgraded this mascara to 2 lippies out of 5 for the sole reason that it has been flaking and smudging throughout the day. I still love the intense black color, the wand, the staying power, etc. But catching my reflection in the mirror and seeing raccoon eyes is not what I bargained for. And why is this so dang hard to remove? Maybe the formula has changed? In any case, I don't think I will repurchase as I have a couple others that perform without issue.

I received this mascara as a birthday gift and have been using it for at least half a year now. It's quickly become my favorite mascara to use. Personally, I believe a mascara's worth is because of the wand, and less so the formula. I'm really a big fan of this wand, which curves and fits my lashes great considering I'm an East Asian with straight, medium length lashes. I don't think I see a remarkable difference in length, but holy moly do these curl my lashes or what?

I start out with the straight edge to apply a thin layer of the product, and then apply my second layer using to convex curve side of the brush which is when I really see the product work on opening my eyes. The curl is less noticeable by the end of the day, but I don't stress or care enough for that to think any differently of this mascara.

I wouldn't say I would go out of my way to buy this product again, because I enjoy testing out different mascaras (it's not as important to me as skincare is). But I do recommend this product as one to test out.

My only complaint... Why the heck are these so unnecessarily big? Like, does this really need to be fatter than my concealer stick?

Ok I love mascara .I must admit I am a drugstore mascara junkie . I really love trying different mascaras but honestly I have had the most success with L'Oreal mascara. I will let you guys in on some secrets . Before I purchase a new mascara in the drugstore I look at the advertisements in the magazines and look at the tiny print because some ads will have in tiny print that they used lash inserts or fake lashes and sometimes I do not purchase those mascaras because I think it is false advertising. I must admit to get that false eyelash look I once wore three mascaras and they were L'Oreal voluminous power 24, L'Oreal false fiber lashes and L'Oreal telescopic. I felt these mascaras combined created length , volume and separation. I then would wear only two L'Oreal voluminous power 24 and L'Oreal false fiber lashes but I honestly only wanted to use one mascara then I saw this mascara and tried it and thought it was the answer to my mascara prayers. It is a great every day mascara it gives volume and a little length and does wing out those lashes on the end I have not repurchased in awhile because I love testing other mascaras but it a mascara worth trying .