L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly
Voluminous ButterflyVoluminous ButterflyVoluminous ButterflyBest drugstore mascaraVoluminous Butterfly

3.3

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I got the nice lashes/manly body hair gene, but I do like to pump up the volume. I bought Voluminous Butterfly in Blackest Black 868, and it's one of the better mascaras I've tried. It really lengthens and blackens, and gives volume to the extent that I keep getting distracted by the giant fringe of eyelashes lurking in my peripheral vision. The only thing I don't like is that the separation isn't great; I'm not sure if I'm using too much, or not enough, or if I just need to invest in a lash comb. I feel I might have an easier time with Voluminous Butterfly once it's dried out a bit. I don't seem to poke myself in the eye with this brush as much as I do other volumizing mascara brushes, which is a plus.

Despite being non waterproof, it stayed on through me getting caught in the rain multiple times in one afternoon. It takes ~3 micellar water soaked cotton rounds to remove completely, but I consider that a good balance between lasting power and ease of removal, for my needs.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

One of the worst mascaras I've ever tried. It seems like a good idea- the comb style applicator but it just made a huge mess when I tried to get into the roots of my naturally blonde lashes. I have almond shaped eyes and they aren't large but not extremely small. I would say my eyes are average in size. To maneuver this applicator, I think you would have to have large eyes. L'Oréal has some great mascaras- this isn't one of them and it's not inexpensive.

on 5/21/2016 10:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Sticky and wet. Makes my (already spare) lashes stick together. Smudges all over. Needless to say I do not like.

I like the concept, but am thoroughly disappointed. This mascara clumped like crazy, and my eyelashes were all stuck together, even after combing them with a clean spoolie. I paid $25.95 for this, and I really wish I didn't. I will not be buying this again, unless I can find a way to stop it from clumping. It was really thick, and slopped onto my lashes without spreading though them. It started flaking within 20 minutes, and went all through my eyes (I have very sensitive eyes, that are prone to infection). It smells of plastic. I don't have a habit of smelling mascara, but upon sniffing it, I was hit with a very strong stench of plastic. I don't like that.
I typically like L'Oreal's products, but this was one that I regret.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It is official...I do not like this mascara. The brush design is awesome but the mascara itself has a cheap moisturizer smell ugh. Even worse is the oily greasy consistency that makes it difficult to apply. Like trying to pin jello to a wall. It doesn't have tackiness to stick easily and takes too long to dry. I end up smearing accidentally grrr. I'll continue to use the loreal telescopic shocking extensions mascara :)

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Love the packaging and the name of this mascara. I was intrigued and wanted to try it... In the beginning, I really liked it. It was nice, a bit on the wet side. However, the more I used it and the more it clumped. After 2 weeks of using it, I couldn't wear it anymore because it just wouldn't work. Clumpy, Messy, just really bad... I thought it was me who wasn't using it properly so I bought another one and it did the exact same thing !!

I'm disappointed because I love the brush, but I guess it works differently on different individuals. I cleaned the brush and I'm using it to comb through my lashes when I apply my mascara now, so at least I was able to use the brush (and it works great) ! But the formula .. I would not recommend. Especially to those who want nice defined lashes with no clumps..

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

My eyelashes are very very long and blonde. This mascara lengthened decently well but also clumped my lashes together so so badly. The more I tried to separate my lashes, the worse it clumped them.

I kind of liked the mascara itself, but the wand was not my friend. I ended up using a wand from another mascara so that the mascara wouldn't go to waste.

I will not be buying this again. I was really glad when it finally ran out.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I like the brush and the way this makes my lashes look -- separated, longer and a wee bit thicker. BUT there are tiny fibers in the formula and I think they are what is causing my eyes to be more sensitive. I wouldn't have bought it if I knew there were bits of fibers.

Good mascara, but definitely not my favorite. The packaging is great. If you have sensitive eyes, be wary.

on 1/4/2015 10:24:00 PM

Hate this ! Made my eyelashes look so horriable

I really like this mascara! It makes my eyelashes look a lot longer. Also, my eyelashes naturally point down and other mascaras aren't good at having them stay up But I can wear this mascara all day and my eyes lashes stay curled up. It's also extremely easy to wash off.