L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Mascara

Filtered by skin type : Oily age: 18 & Under
L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Mascara

on 11/28/2014 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Amazing. No clumps at all, and my lashes look long and thick. The brush can be difficult to use at first but one you get the hang of it you lashes will look amazing.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love it !!! I have long super super straight hard to keep curled lashes . Usually mascaras weight down my lashes even if there waterproof . But this mascara keeps my curl . Separates my lashes and give me more length . Gave me some volume too .

on 9/15/2014 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I kinda feel like this is loreal telescopic carbon black but ever so slightly different and of course with a completley different wand. It is nice, does give length and a decent amount of volume. I constantky go back and forth with this and my loreal telescopiccarbon black which gives less volume than the butterfly which i like for daytime use! I think i would buy again, but im not entirely sure..

on 9/8/2014 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Great drugstore mascara for lengthened and defined lashes. I wore this to school today, and for 9 hours it has not flaked or smudged. I have the waterproof formula, which works very well for holding the curl. The formula is light weight and dries quickly, and does not weigh down my lashes. The brush does take a while to adjust to, but it's worth it. I used it with Maybelline's the Rocket, because it did not do much for volume. Great for a natural look.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

OMG LOVE!!
Ok so this is my first drugstore mascara and IM IN LOVE.
It's equally as great as high-end mascara. Its just a dream.
I have super short lashes that do straight down. This mascara makes it long and defines every single lash. One big problem I had with previous mascaras are that it clumps my lashes and this one doesn't. SO happy I tried this.

on 6/13/2014 8:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

So it's an alright product. To be honest, the commercials with Barbara Palvin made it look like it was better than it was.

So the packaging is beautiful. I feel so sophisticated when I see it because I think "Oh look at me using L'Oreal products, I'm so fancy" but then I look at the brush. The brush/applicator is unique, so I like that. It's asymmetrical and I keep thinking that I'll poke my eye out when I use it but I don't so that's another good thing. The only real problems I have with this mascara is the formula and, yes, the applicator/brush. So the formula (because I get it in waterproof because my lashes won't hold a curl for anything) is really thick and it just gets clumped up on the brush. I don't understand this because the formula hasn't even touched my lashes yet at this point and it's already clumping together. Then when I put it on my lashes my lashes clump up together, so then I try to comb them through to "unclump" them and it just makes it worse and this is only the first coat. The second coat then follows and I'm still under the impression that they will unclump but they don't. I'm then left with spider lashes and a frown because I'm not as happy as I thought I would be with the mascara.

Overall, it's alright. If you have naturally longer lashes, however, you would like this product because it indeed does what it claims it does...it just doesn't do so for me as well.

Again, overall, a good product. I would buy again later if I wanted to, though.

on 5/31/2014 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was a little hesitant about buying this mascara, since I had seen some bad reviews. However, upon obtaining a $3 off coupon, I decided to go for it. I got the waterproof version in Blackest Black. The brush is very different from other brushes. Its plastic bristled are placed shorter to longer, but it is barely noticeable. There are two rows that stand out longer than the rest, and that is the side I use to apply the mascara. I have short and straight Asian lashes, and when I apply mascara I always curl my lashes. This mascara effectively held the curl, and it lasted all day until I took it off about nine hours later after my day. No flaking had occurred, but minimal smudging did. Now about what it did for my lashes, I was amazed. Unlike some of the other reviews I've seen, my results were different. It gave my lashes length and volume, and I could indeed see a little bit of a winged out effect. It does not clump on my lashes, and is super light. I think this surpasses my long time favorite mascara, the Colossal.

on 5/3/2014 9:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my favourite mascara (at the moment). I have short lashes, so it's difficult to find a good mascara that works well. I love this mascara because I only put on 2 coats. This is awesome because I use to use 3-4 with my other mascara. The brush is cool when you first try it, but then when you get to the other eye, you either have to use your opposite hand, or flip the hand you usually use. The packaging is super pretty, and I have not had any flaking (it might be because I have the water proof formula). Over all, I love this, mascara

on 4/24/2014 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

The packaging for this is absolutely pretty. I also found the brush to be quite interesting as well. The brush has two little "wings" and I think it's really unique. I actually bought it because I like my eyelashes to be longer as I go towards the outer corners of my eyes and when I saw that this mascara claimed that it could do that, I bought it right away. At first, I hated it because I used the side that has short bristles then gradually has the wings. At that time, I was not happy because it didn't give me the butterfly look and I was really disappointed. It also weighed down my eyelashes. I was so devastated. Then I tried a different technique. For the first coat, I used the side with all the short bristles and then to make my lashes towards the outer corner of my eye longer, I switched to the side of the brush with the wings and used only the longer bristles to lengthen my outer lashes. The wings actually make it quite easy to apply mascara to my outer lashes. Even with the new technique, it still weighed down my eyelashes. So I used Maybelline Rocket mascara to help lift my lashes with the rolling pin technique. It helped a bit. :) So all-in-all, it's a good mascara but not really VERY VERY HG GOOD. It lengthens very well, it truly gives the butterfly look it claims(using my technique), doesn't smudge, flake or clump. I just wish it didn't weigh down my eyelashes so that I could call this my HG mascara. :( I would still buy it though.

on 2/21/2014 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I recently bought this mascara after seeing all the commercials... it really did give me butterfly lashes! Very easy to apply, it wasn't messy at all, though the formula is on the wetter side. My lashes are average length, and sparse in some areas, but this mascara gave me great volume, and my lashes almost touched my eyebrows! It gave me the coveted "disney princess" look. The only thing I wish is that it thickened a bit more.
At the end of a humid day, my lashes stayed as tall as they were this morning. It also came off very easily with soap and water (unlike my megaplush!). If the formula stays this way, I'll surely repurchase :)