L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Mascara

Filtered by skin type : Combination age: 18 & Under
L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Mascara

3.9

i bought this in the waterproof version because my stick straight, downward pointing asian lashes can't handle normal mascara formulas. the weird brush was difficult to work with, and all it did was clump up my lashes which defeated the whole reason why i bought this in the first place.

I bought this mascara on sale from Shoppers Drug Mart for $2.99...the low price is why I decided to give it a try! I was shocked at its comparability in result of volume and length to what I typically use, "They're Real!" by Benefit. It has family decent staying power, however I always use a base layer (Clinique) under my mascara which may be contributing to it not flaking & staying put all day. The only thing I don't love is the slightly chemical/floral scent from the mascara, but it's something I've learned to get over since I love the result it gives me :)

on 11/4/2015 5:01:00 AM

i purchased the not waterproof version. the fibers make the formula dry and flaky. doesnt last long. adds volume but no length whatsoever. uncomfortable to apply. first month the formula was too wet. then it looked good a month later. it went dead-dry a month after that. however i looks good on asian eyelids. just wish it had staying power :(

on 5/19/2015 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I'm so torn on this mascara. It's amazing for length and volume. It makes my lashes really long and it decently gives volume. It gives a sort of spidery look(in a good way). It clumps a little too. I get compliments on my lashes with this. What totally threw me for a loop was that it flakes under my eyes after a couple hours and the formula is too wet for my liking. If someone has a mascara that basically does the same as this but has a better formula, please message me :(

on 1/27/2015 11:59:00 AM

So far my HG drugstore mascara!
I have asian lashes that are kinda long, but super thin and i dont have a lot...
this mascara provides great length and also just enough volume to make them look super fluttery! I find that the brush although is not symmetrical, deposites just the right amount and separates extremely well. At first it wasnt that good but if you let it dry a bit and once the formula isnt so wet, it works really well! holds my curl pretty well but if you let dry in between coats, it will appear clumpy and flake.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I love, love, LOVE this mascara! The brush gives great separation and length. It also provides nice volume, too. I always curl my lashes, so I don't know how well of a curl it gave. It did give you a "fanned out" look, which was what I was looking for and it was definitely true to the advertisements. I only have two cons. One is that all of a sudden it gets extremely dry. It's not even a gradual descent to dryness, it's like one day you open up the tube and it's perfectly normal, and then the next day it's desert dry. The second is the price. L'oreal mascaras tend to be on the pricey side, but they're well worth it.

on 8/22/2014 4:07:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have the blackest black waterproof version of this mascara. I really like the look it gives my lashes, but the brush is kind of confusing and not super quick and easy to use. It takes a few coats to make my lashes look the way I want them to, but it lasts all day. Unfortunately, it's not the most waterproof mascara out there. If it's sprinkling outside, then you're fine, but if it's much more than that, this mascara doesn't hold up so great. It's easy to remove, on the other hand. I didn't notice a smell, which is a plus. However, I wouldn't repurchase it because I prefer wet formulas, and for the $7 I think I can buy a better mascara.

on 8/13/2014 7:08:00 PM

I love this product! Not too much on the bad side. With this mascara, I was able to somewhat create that "Falsies" look. I combined 2 coats of this with my Benefit's "They're real" mascara, and BAM! I got my giant lashes. One of THE best drug store mascara I've ever tried. (: I would totally repurchase this again!

I was really excited to try this product out because my eyelashes do not like just any mascara. It was a good product. I love the bottle and the wand, the wing on the end truly does grab the ends of your eyelashes to extend them, which I had a hard time with using other mascaras. The formula was a little 'wet' , but it wasn't bad at all. I didn't get clumps using this , which is great because I always have to have clump-free lashes. It separated my lashes and lengthened them. It wasn't very volumizing; I didn't feel as if my lashes were all completely separated, voluminous, and long. Definitely better than A bunch if drugstore mascaras. Applies wonderfully to bottom lashes, especially small ones like I have. I would use this on-the-go if I didn't have time to apply another mascara or if I couldn't find a better one. Currently my go-to mascara. Recommended.

on 8/7/2014 12:41:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Has a very wet formula, and the wand itself is very good (rubber). It really gets into your lashes and lengthens and volumizes very well. For my lashes it holds a decent curl and not a "straight up" lash kind of look. I do not like the smell of it at all, it makes me want to close my eyes all the time. Its like the smell makes you feel like how youve been in a car for awhile with blasted a.c, and you cant help but to close them; Thats exactly the feeling. But it really is a good mascara overall, i really feel like the tube could last awhile since the mascara formula is so wet (but not runny).
I have thick long lashes so it really is a lash enchancer for me..
I did have a friend that had short, brittle, asian lashes. It worked very well for her and it really lengthened and volumized her lashes. But it did not make them thicker.
This mascara i can compare to the rimmel glam eyes mascara, but the only reason why i think this butterfly mascara is better is because it has a curve on the wand so it really helps grab/hug all the lashes.