L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Mascara

Filtered by skin type : Combination
L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Mascara

3.7

on 6/9/2018 2:46:00 PM

I like the brush, but that's pretty much it. The actual product is wet, heavy and sticks my lashes together in wet clumps. I also lose all traces of curl I've managed to create it weighs them down so much which peeves me to no end. I've tried this mascara maybe 5 or 6 times but it's going in the trash bin, I just can't make it work for me. DISLIKE!!!!

I have a problem with loving high end mascara. Okay, high end products in general. I am attempting to cut back on spending so much money on high end makeup and attempting to find some great drugstore go to options. I read a bunch of reviews for some of the best drugstore mascaras and this was one that came up. I am unsure how I feel about this. I think it does a good job lengthening my lashes but it isn't as dramatic as I like my mascaras to be. I feel like this mascara weighs down my lashes. I also find that no matter what I do, little specks of mascara always end up on my face while I am applying. This hasn't ever happened to me before. I will finish this mascara but I don't know yet if I would repurchase it.

on 2/2/2017 3:14:00 PM

I have a tube of this that I'm trying to finish up but I just can't bring myself to continue using it! I've used the original Voluminous Million Lashes and I LOVE it, but this formula is a bit thinner and takes longer to dry. I hate the brush. I think it might work for some people, but I'm not one of those people. The color and opacity are great and the end result is decent, I just can't get past the brush. Pairing that brush with the thinner formula causes a weird product buildup that takes longer to dry and more layers of application to reach the desired length. I always end up with wet mascara smudged all over my face and I really have no idea how or why. While this could absolutely work for some people, it just isn't doing it for me.

on 1/18/2017 7:34:00 AM

This is a pretty good mascara. It is one of my favorite drugstore mascaras...once you get the hang of the brush, it is easy to apply and it does make my lashes darker, fuller, and longer, without clumping. The tube lasts several months for me, too. I like this mascara. Not LOVE, but I like it. And I like it enough to re-purchase.

on 12/5/2016 2:44:00 AM

Loreal as a brand I would have to say is exceptional, I've tried many of they're products the mascaras have been awesome have yet to be disappointed. This one here in particular builds up long lashes has staying power as far as the curl and lasts all day. My daughter loves this one as well, the wand takes some getting used too but once you get the feel of it you will see how it separates your lashes with no clumping and appreciate the finish it leaves. Your eyes will stand out with this one

This mascara is "meh." The brush is definitely unique, although difficult to use. I tend to be pretty clean when applying mascara, but this never fails to get all over my eyelid. It doesn't look bad though, it's an average mascara. I have oily eyelids and this does tend to smudge a little under my eyebrow (I have long lashes). I can imagine that someone with normal to dry skin wouldn't have that problem though! The price is fair, but a little pricey for a drugstore mascara (around eleven bucks). I have used mascaras that work better on me, but I can't say I hate this one!

on 7/13/2016 11:15:00 PM

My favorite drugstore mascara. I have average lashes and when I want dramatic lashes this is my go to mascara. It's a heavy mascara you apply with the brush side and then use the comb side to lengthen, de-clump and wow watch them go! Also has great staying power. A "must have" in my makeup bag.

at work a woman started digging in her purse and pulled this out! she says to me, " I bought this and I don't know how to use it" so I sat her down and we looked at the brush and I then applied it to her walking her through how to use the unusal brush. it looked amazing! needless to say when I left that day I went across the street to Walgreen's and got one for myself. not alot of volume/ fluff but really good length and curl with no eyelash curler involved. love that. it doesn't smudge on me or flake and it dried out in about 8 or 9 weeks( which I think is average) I lived adding this to my mascara collection and thank you to the lady who came into Sephora with a loreal product looking for help. you showed me a really cool product!!

i bought this in the waterproof version because my stick straight, downward pointing asian lashes can't handle normal mascara formulas. the weird brush was difficult to work with, and all it did was clump up my lashes which defeated the whole reason why i bought this in the first place.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is a very good mascara but there are much better mascaras out there. I have fairly long lashes, but they're kind of flimsy and don't have a lot of them, so I need volume and definition more than length. This delivers the length but not the volume, and if the name "voluminous" is in the product name...well, I have to penalize you, L'oreal.

There's probably a learning curve for many with the brush, but I think it's ingenious. I think when I first looked at it and thought, Okay, which way is this supposed to go? You can turn it to the side with the shorter bristles to get really close to the base of your lashes and deposit more product; then the longer side brushes through your lashes to comb through every one and remove any large clumps.

Unfortunately, I think it's the longer bristles that comb too much product out of the lashes so it's hard to build up. I also think the bristles are so close together they don't define each lash separately, so when you do build up more product you start to get that "I have only five really big lashes" look. And the formula was nice and smooth at first; not too wet, not too dry. Now I get little clumps, and I've only had the mascara for a month. Such a shame!

Such a nice try, L'oreal! Great brush that needs tweaking; same thing for the formula. So close!