L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Mascara

Filtered by skin tone : Fair age: 18 & Under
L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Mascara

3.3

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I don’t like this. I have long lashes, and the mascara does lengthen them greatly but it weighs them down and undoes even the slightest curl. It looks great when I first apply it, but it looks awful after only two hours. It also tends to shed and smear a bit around my eyes. To top it off, it is not cheap either. Just overall not a good product.

i bought this in the waterproof version because my stick straight, downward pointing asian lashes can't handle normal mascara formulas. the weird brush was difficult to work with, and all it did was clump up my lashes which defeated the whole reason why i bought this in the first place.

It's not a bad mascara, there is just way better mascaras out there for the same price. Doesn't really give you anything special, and the odd shaped brush isn't easy to work with. Waterproof version isn't very waterproof.

on 5/18/2015 5:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Decent mascara, makes my lashes look very.... sleek? I would classify this is as lengthening mascara personally, as I find it volumizing power isn't anything to rave about. It gives my lashes a very romantic look, seperating and flaring them out to the corner. There is a bit of clumping but not as much as some of the drugstore mascaras I've tried.
I can't shake the feeling this product is somewhat gimmicky, but I do enjoy the results it gives me. Three stars for makin my lashes look pretty good, but not holding up to the volumizing claim.

I like the concept, but am thoroughly disappointed. This mascara clumped like crazy, and my eyelashes were all stuck together, even after combing them with a clean spoolie. I paid $25.95 for this, and I really wish I didn't. I will not be buying this again, unless I can find a way to stop it from clumping. It was really thick, and slopped onto my lashes without spreading though them. It started flaking within 20 minutes, and went all through my eyes (I have very sensitive eyes, that are prone to infection). It smells of plastic. I don't have a habit of smelling mascara, but upon sniffing it, I was hit with a very strong stench of plastic. I don't like that.
I typically like L'Oreal's products, but this was one that I regret.

I really like this mascara! It makes my eyelashes look a lot longer. Also, my eyelashes naturally point down and other mascaras aren't good at having them stay up But I can wear this mascara all day and my eyes lashes stay curled up. It's also extremely easy to wash off.

Unfortunately, this didn't work out... FOR ME and I think it's important to point it out because I'm not the one that likes to flip my wrist or switch hands - even tought i do with this one. It does give nice definition, nice length and volume... but I could only get the right eye right (no pun intended!). I gave it to my sister and since she flips her wrist, she likes it. It can sometimes flakes, so one lippie out for flaking and one lippie out for the fact that it doesn't works for me. I had the midnight black version, by the way. If you want this without the 'wing', i recommend the L'Oréal voluminous million lashes. I found the formulas to be somewhat similar; only thing that changes is that on the million lashes the bristles are longer and have no wing.

on 9/14/2014 9:43:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This mascara totally gives me length!!!
The only thing I dont like is the hard plastic brush. Im not really use to that it definitely hurts when you make the wrong move. It doesnt flake.I got it at walmart because it was cheaper than any other stores. It does give a bit more thickness on the outer part of the lashes and thats because the effect its suppose to give you. Its also something fun to try because of its unique wand. I definitely recommend you to try it.

on 9/8/2014 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Great drugstore mascara for lengthened and defined lashes. I wore this to school today, and for 9 hours it has not flaked or smudged. I have the waterproof formula, which works very well for holding the curl. The formula is light weight and dries quickly, and does not weigh down my lashes. The brush does take a while to adjust to, but it's worth it. I used it with Maybelline's the Rocket, because it did not do much for volume. Great for a natural look.

One of the best drugstore mascaras I've tried In quite some time! Want a delicate natural look? Well look no further. Want dramatic lashes that don't look clumpy? Look no further! This mascara is versatile as it is easily build-able as far we mascaras go. This mascara is true to colour (very black). Great for separating, volumizing, lengthening, and curling lashes. The packaging is also very sleek and understated- but the product holds its own! Will definitely re-purchase.