L'Oreal Voluminous Butterfly

L'Oreal Voluminous Butterfly

3.7

on 1/18/2017 7:34:00 AM

This is a pretty good mascara. It is one of my favorite drugstore mascaras...once you get the hang of the brush, it is easy to apply and it does make my lashes darker, fuller, and longer, without clumping. The tube lasts several months for me, too. I like this mascara. Not LOVE, but I like it. And I like it enough to re-purchase.

on 12/15/2016 8:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is like my second tube of this mascara and this is amazing. I have the waterproof one and it lasts all day! It may seem hard to take off from the lashes but the trick is to use petroleum jelly or some oil.

on 12/5/2016 2:44:00 AM

Loreal as a brand I would have to say is exceptional, I've tried many of they're products the mascaras have been awesome have yet to be disappointed. This one here in particular builds up long lashes has staying power as far as the curl and lasts all day. My daughter loves this one as well, the wand takes some getting used too but once you get the feel of it you will see how it separates your lashes with no clumping and appreciate the finish it leaves. Your eyes will stand out with this one

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is my go-to mascara, and I'm surprised that as of right now only 65% would repurchase. I have long, decently thick lashes that have a natural curl. I know I'm probably pretty lucky in this department. However, my lashes are super light. They are almost invisible without mascara. I purchase this in Black, and I've had several people ask me what mascara I use because it looks so great. The brush is unique and may take some getting used to for some people. I find it grips the lashes well. I hold the wand horizontally with the smaller, tapered end pointing toward my nose. I start at the base of the lashes, wiggle the wand just a little, and then slowly move the brush straight up the lashes. Go slow until you get used to it because yes, the formula is pretty wet, and yes, it will smudge at first if you aren't careful. The formula covers/coats the lashes really well, is a nice dark black, and lasts almost all day. My lashes look super long, a bit thicker than normal, and nicely separated. I've never had any major issues with it transferring or running under my eyes to give the dreaded raccoon effect. Just for fun, I did try the waterproof version one time, and it was awful--clumpy, didn't separate, hard to apply, and just all-around awful. It's about $8 or $9 U.S. dollars at the various drugstores, Target, etc. Give it a try (not the waterproof version!) and play with different ways of holding the wand and whatnot to get it to work for you. :)

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Works great if you want long,curled lashes! The brush is odd,but once your used to it,its no problem.The black is nice and dark,the formula is outstanding.I find it works even greater the more you use it .Use the wand slowly and go straight upward! Just can't beat it!!

This mascara is "meh." The brush is definitely unique, although difficult to use. I tend to be pretty clean when applying mascara, but this never fails to get all over my eyelid. It doesn't look bad though, it's an average mascara. I have oily eyelids and this does tend to smudge a little under my eyebrow (I have long lashes). I can imagine that someone with normal to dry skin wouldn't have that problem though! The price is fair, but a little pricey for a drugstore mascara (around eleven bucks). I have used mascaras that work better on me, but I can't say I hate this one!

on 7/13/2016 11:15:00 PM

My favorite drugstore mascara. I have average lashes and when I want dramatic lashes this is my go to mascara. It's a heavy mascara you apply with the brush side and then use the comb side to lengthen, de-clump and wow watch them go! Also has great staying power. A "must have" in my makeup bag.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Very good mascara. The bristles in the brush are excellent and grip your lashes well. If you like sculpting mascaras, this is for you. I add this to the ends of my lashes and then pull through from the root. Coverage is excellent and the formula is nice and thin and pairs well with the brush. Great staying power, does not travel on hot days or pool under lashes if you get sweaty. Even stays put during an afternoon nap. I really like this mascara and will definitely repurchase.

Had a hard time figuring out what part of this tapered wand to use where. The mascara was overly liquidy and made my lashes clump. The plain old Voluminous is far better. Will definitely not be buying this one again!

on 5/21/2016 10:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Sticky and wet. Makes my (already spare) lashes stick together. Smudges all over. Needless to say I do not like.

Popular Mascaras