L'Oreal Voluminous Butterfly

L'Oreal Voluminous Butterfly
Voluminous ButterflyVoluminous ButterflyVoluminous ButterflyBest drugstore mascaraVoluminous Butterfly

3.7

on 8/9/2018 7:15:00 PM

I found this is the ONLY mascara (because of its weird brush-comb !! ) that will work on my lower eyelashes without hitting the skin and having to touch up smears. Fat brushes don't work for lower lashes at all...or even normal brushes, IMHO. Thumbs up for that!

on 7/13/2018 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Really love this mascara.... it's great for an all in one, I like to use a few coats of this before I use a very dramatic volume mascara last. I find this loreal one, is really great for seperation and length, as well as adding some nice false looking effect. Amazing price, amazing quality. For all in one false look effect, I'll reach for this one. SMUDGE FREE ALL DAY!!

on 6/13/2018 4:30:00 PM

Favourite mascara. been using it for years. I use it in conjunction with the L'Oreal telescopic. The telescopic provides the length and seperation of lashes and the voluminous butterfly provides fullness/volume and I finds extends the length.

on 6/9/2018 2:46:00 PM

I like the brush, but that's pretty much it. The actual product is wet, heavy and sticks my lashes together in wet clumps. I also lose all traces of curl I've managed to create it weighs them down so much which peeves me to no end. I've tried this mascara maybe 5 or 6 times but it's going in the trash bin, I just can't make it work for me. DISLIKE!!!!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I don’t like this. I have long lashes, and the mascara does lengthen them greatly but it weighs them down and undoes even the slightest curl. It looks great when I first apply it, but it looks awful after only two hours. It also tends to shed and smear a bit around my eyes. To top it off, it is not cheap either. Just overall not a good product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I got the nice lashes/manly body hair gene, but I do like to pump up the volume. I bought Voluminous Butterfly in Blackest Black 868, and it's one of the better mascaras I've tried. It really lengthens and blackens, and gives volume to the extent that I keep getting distracted by the giant fringe of eyelashes lurking in my peripheral vision. The only thing I don't like is that the separation isn't great; I'm not sure if I'm using too much, or not enough, or if I just need to invest in a lash comb. I feel I might have an easier time with Voluminous Butterfly once it's dried out a bit. I don't seem to poke myself in the eye with this brush as much as I do other volumizing mascara brushes, which is a plus.

Despite being non waterproof, it stayed on through me getting caught in the rain multiple times in one afternoon. It takes ~3 micellar water soaked cotton rounds to remove completely, but I consider that a good balance between lasting power and ease of removal, for my needs.

I have a problem with loving high end mascara. Okay, high end products in general. I am attempting to cut back on spending so much money on high end makeup and attempting to find some great drugstore go to options. I read a bunch of reviews for some of the best drugstore mascaras and this was one that came up. I am unsure how I feel about this. I think it does a good job lengthening my lashes but it isn't as dramatic as I like my mascaras to be. I feel like this mascara weighs down my lashes. I also find that no matter what I do, little specks of mascara always end up on my face while I am applying. This hasn't ever happened to me before. I will finish this mascara but I don't know yet if I would repurchase it.

on 6/24/2017 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I dislike this mascara because it tends to undo my curls instantly, and a minute after putting this on, it's like I haven't even curled my lashes at all! The only good thing about this mascara is that it doesn't clump, but other than that, I hated it and ended up throwing it out. The regular L'Oreal Voluminous mascara is so much better, and I will continue to use that one instead.

[0]

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I'm not going to repurchase this because it feels so heavy on my lashes, which is a feeling I can't stand. It does add a ton of volume though.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

One of the worst mascaras I've ever tried. It seems like a good idea- the comb style applicator but it just made a huge mess when I tried to get into the roots of my naturally blonde lashes. I have almond shaped eyes and they aren't large but not extremely small. I would say my eyes are average in size. To maneuver this applicator, I think you would have to have large eyes. L'Oréal has some great mascaras- this isn't one of them and it's not inexpensive.