L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly

L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly
Voluminous ButterflyVoluminous ButterflyVoluminous ButterflyBest drugstore mascaraVoluminous Butterfly

3.7

on 7/13/2018 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Really love this mascara.... it's great for an all in one, I like to use a few coats of this before I use a very dramatic volume mascara last. I find this loreal one, is really great for seperation and length, as well as adding some nice false looking effect. Amazing price, amazing quality. For all in one false look effect, I'll reach for this one. SMUDGE FREE ALL DAY!!

on 6/13/2018 4:30:00 PM

Favourite mascara. been using it for years. I use it in conjunction with the L'Oreal telescopic. The telescopic provides the length and seperation of lashes and the voluminous butterfly provides fullness/volume and I finds extends the length.

on 12/15/2016 8:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is like my second tube of this mascara and this is amazing. I have the waterproof one and it lasts all day! It may seem hard to take off from the lashes but the trick is to use petroleum jelly or some oil.

on 12/5/2016 2:44:00 AM

Loreal as a brand I would have to say is exceptional, I've tried many of they're products the mascaras have been awesome have yet to be disappointed. This one here in particular builds up long lashes has staying power as far as the curl and lasts all day. My daughter loves this one as well, the wand takes some getting used too but once you get the feel of it you will see how it separates your lashes with no clumping and appreciate the finish it leaves. Your eyes will stand out with this one

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This is my go-to mascara, and I'm surprised that as of right now only 65% would repurchase. I have long, decently thick lashes that have a natural curl. I know I'm probably pretty lucky in this department. However, my lashes are super light. They are almost invisible without mascara. I purchase this in Black, and I've had several people ask me what mascara I use because it looks so great. The brush is unique and may take some getting used to for some people. I find it grips the lashes well. I hold the wand horizontally with the smaller, tapered end pointing toward my nose. I start at the base of the lashes, wiggle the wand just a little, and then slowly move the brush straight up the lashes. Go slow until you get used to it because yes, the formula is pretty wet, and yes, it will smudge at first if you aren't careful. The formula covers/coats the lashes really well, is a nice dark black, and lasts almost all day. My lashes look super long, a bit thicker than normal, and nicely separated. I've never had any major issues with it transferring or running under my eyes to give the dreaded raccoon effect. Just for fun, I did try the waterproof version one time, and it was awful--clumpy, didn't separate, hard to apply, and just all-around awful. It's about $8 or $9 U.S. dollars at the various drugstores, Target, etc. Give it a try (not the waterproof version!) and play with different ways of holding the wand and whatnot to get it to work for you. :)

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Works great if you want long,curled lashes! The brush is odd,but once your used to it,its no problem.The black is nice and dark,the formula is outstanding.I find it works even greater the more you use it .Use the wand slowly and go straight upward! Just can't beat it!!

on 7/13/2016 11:15:00 PM

My favorite drugstore mascara. I have average lashes and when I want dramatic lashes this is my go to mascara. It's a heavy mascara you apply with the brush side and then use the comb side to lengthen, de-clump and wow watch them go! Also has great staying power. A "must have" in my makeup bag.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Very good mascara. The bristles in the brush are excellent and grip your lashes well. If you like sculpting mascaras, this is for you. I add this to the ends of my lashes and then pull through from the root. Coverage is excellent and the formula is nice and thin and pairs well with the brush. Great staying power, does not travel on hot days or pool under lashes if you get sweaty. Even stays put during an afternoon nap. I really like this mascara and will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is my favorite mascara that I've ever tried. It barely feels like there's any product on my eye lashes. While adding more definition, volume and a bit of length to them. The brush is amazing it keeps it from clumping. It helps separate each individual eyelash.

I am reviewing the Voluminous Butterfly Sculpt version of this mascara. I have had this mascara in the waterproof formula for a few weeks and am really loving it. It makes my lashes look longer and fuller with just one coat. If you build it up with two or three coats it stays separated nicely and resembles false lashes. Because I did purchase the waterproof version I have not had any issues with smudging or flaking in any ways.