L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Mascara

Filtered by age: 18 & Under
L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Mascara

3.8

i bought this in the waterproof version because my stick straight, downward pointing asian lashes can't handle normal mascara formulas. the weird brush was difficult to work with, and all it did was clump up my lashes which defeated the whole reason why i bought this in the first place.

on 7/4/2014 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this product with really high hopes, that were not met. How could a mascara with such an interesting name, and cool packaging go wrong? First of all the formula is terrible, it made my lashes clump together and felt heavy. By the end of the day there was more mascara on my lids than on my lashes. On the brighter side, I felt that the price point was reasonable. I`m defiantly not buying this product again.

I don't even know where to start with this product. I have tried to wear this several times but I just CANNOT make it work!!!! I literally look like I have sticks coming out of my eyelids... It is really gross. Ok so I can't complain about the packaging- I think it is very cute and sleek. The brush- cool in theory... In THEORY. This wand does nothing but deposit gallons of mascara onto your lashes. I have to literally wipe of every last bit of mascara with a tissue before I can even think about trying to use it. But once I have everything wiped of the brush.... It still manages to make my eyelashes look like thorns!! I just don't get it..... And the formula is so so wet it takes forever to dry. If I blink before this is cometary dry it gets mascara all around my eye. And this mascara is not cheap. I believe I paid $9 for this!!! STAY AWAY FROM THIS PRODUCT!! L'Oreal has much better mascaras to offer!!!

on 2/24/2014 9:07:00 PM

I had been meaning to try out this mascara for awhile, especially after seeing all the hype for it. I was very disappointed. It smelled awful, I'm not in the habit of smelling my mascaras but I just couldn't escape the scent. I hated the brush, which was the whole point of the product. If I was using the longer end of the brush on the outer corner lashes then I only got mascara on half my eyelashes. When I went to put mascara on the other half of my lashes the longer end was in the middle of my lashes, which defeated the whole point. The formula was too thick and didn't seem black, more of a charcoal gray. By the end of the day I had mascara all over my eyelids, as apparently it liked to smear. The one thing I will say is that it did make my lashes longer. But plenty of mascaras do that.

on 12/14/2013 7:53:00 PM

I'm really disappointed in this mascara. I've heard so many YouTube beauty gurus rave about it so I figured this was going to be a really good mascara. Boy was I wrong! The brush was definitely unique but the formula was on the really wet so it got spidery super quickly. On the second coat, my lashes had clumped together making it look like i had 5-7 lashes in total. There is also a lot of mascara on the brush so you need to scrape it off but it was still a hot mess. I just absolutely hate this mascara and I will never repurchase it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I don’t like this. I have long lashes, and the mascara does lengthen them greatly but it weighs them down and undoes even the slightest curl. It looks great when I first apply it, but it looks awful after only two hours. It also tends to shed and smear a bit around my eyes. To top it off, it is not cheap either. Just overall not a good product.

It's not a bad mascara, there is just way better mascaras out there for the same price. Doesn't really give you anything special, and the odd shaped brush isn't easy to work with. Waterproof version isn't very waterproof.

on 11/4/2015 5:01:00 AM

i purchased the not waterproof version. the fibers make the formula dry and flaky. doesnt last long. adds volume but no length whatsoever. uncomfortable to apply. first month the formula was too wet. then it looked good a month later. it went dead-dry a month after that. however i looks good on asian eyelids. just wish it had staying power :(

I like the concept, but am thoroughly disappointed. This mascara clumped like crazy, and my eyelashes were all stuck together, even after combing them with a clean spoolie. I paid $25.95 for this, and I really wish I didn't. I will not be buying this again, unless I can find a way to stop it from clumping. It was really thick, and slopped onto my lashes without spreading though them. It started flaking within 20 minutes, and went all through my eyes (I have very sensitive eyes, that are prone to infection). It smells of plastic. I don't have a habit of smelling mascara, but upon sniffing it, I was hit with a very strong stench of plastic. I don't like that.
I typically like L'Oreal's products, but this was one that I regret.

Im not a fan of this mascara. I prefer maybelline mascara. I don't like the smell of this product and it doesn't work. I do like the bottle tho. its cool and fun and its not expensive.