L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Mascara

L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Mascara

3.8

on 10/26/2013 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I like this mascara. I just wish it was waterproof then it would've been great!

on 10/26/2013 4:02:00 PM

This mascara is amazing. I've tried Benefit, Maybelline, other L'Oreal, and Covergirl mascaras. When you first buy this mascara, it'll come out to be very wet but after 1-2 days it dries up to the perfect formula. This mascara does exactly what it says it does! It gives a very wispy look and adds tons of volume and length. The ONLY con I find is that it seems to be drying out super fast when I've only had it for a few weeks/a month. Will repurchase.

I read a bunch of good reviews on this mascara which geared me to try it & I LOVE IT!!!! it lengths all lashes individually!!!! it's awesome definetly worth 8$

This mascara is fantastic. I hate mascaras that are way too wet when they are new and make it impossible to keep lashes defined, so for the longest time I stuck to dryer formulas like lash blast, which I love but they do run out quickly. While this mascara is wet, it is still defining. It makes my lashes huge and I have not had a problem with flaking or smudging.

on 12/14/2013 7:53:00 PM

I'm really disappointed in this mascara. I've heard so many YouTube beauty gurus rave about it so I figured this was going to be a really good mascara. Boy was I wrong! The brush was definitely unique but the formula was on the really wet so it got spidery super quickly. On the second coat, my lashes had clumped together making it look like i had 5-7 lashes in total. There is also a lot of mascara on the brush so you need to scrape it off but it was still a hot mess. I just absolutely hate this mascara and I will never repurchase it.

I have grown to like loreal mascara and I was in need of a new mascara. I saw this one and decided to give it a try. This mascara did not work for me-using this mascara by itself creates the worst spider lashes you can imagine. Instead of separating my lashes, my lashes formed triangles so it appeared as if I had only 7 eyelashes. Trying to separate them with a comb was impossible. However, using this mascara ontop of another one did work out quite nicely. In short, I don't think this mascara is worth your money. I like the million lash mascara more. I have shorter, fine lashes and I'm looking for volume and thickness, this mascara didn't give it to me.

on 1/6/2014 11:40:00 PM

THIS IS IT.

I have finally come across my Holy Grail mascara. The L'Oreal Voluminous Butterfly is the only mascara that I have tried that meets and exceeds all of my expectations. I have fairly medium length eyelashes that are typically not hereditary in most Asians so I do have a slight advantage when it comes to building length and volume with this mascara. That aside, I still have eyelashes that point straight. I've tried so many drugstore and high end brand mascaras such as Maybelline, NARS, Lancome, Benefit, Covergirl, and other L'Oreal mascaras that have either disappointed me, are too expensive, or just straight up 'meh'.

I actually received this mascara as part of a Christmas present and I was pleasantly surprised by the brush it has; it has an upward curvature from the tip to the end of the brush and if it is seen in bird's eye view, it would look similar to butterfly wings, hence the name it was given. The brush, however, is much less important to me than the formula of the mascara. The BIGGEST problem I have with many mascaras is that they smudge throughout the day on me and sometimes I can come home with panda eyes. The Butterfly does not do that on me; it keeps my eyelashes curled, does not clump, separates and gives volume to my lashes, and DOES NOT SMUDGE OR FLAKE. Once, I forgot my eyelash curler and this mascara lifted/almost curled my straight lashes - it was the first time I've ever seen something like this happen!

I have literally worn this mascara for more than 12 hours at a time and it is bulletproof. It knocks all of my high end mascaras including the infamous Benefit They're Real mascara out of the ballpark. This one is truly a winner for me and I will repurchase it for however long L'Oreal decides to keep it in stores.

This is the holy grain of mascara. I love this product so much. It almost look like in wearing fake lashes! This mascara I bought at walmart for $10...a little more expensive compared to some other mascara's I purchased but it was totally worth the money. It my lashes look longer and fuller. This will be my number one mascara from now on. Absolutely love it!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

wow! I bought this after being lured in by the promises of and asymmetrical brush and the shiny packaging. This mascara is a little volumizing, but not amazing as that was not the indented purpose. However, it is INSANELY lengthening and does, as promised, wing out the corners of your eyelashes. The only downside is that it does clump pretty badly if you keep applying it, but I don't use much so it works out. Made my eyelashes look false they were so long and thick and dark! Will repurchase.

on 1/13/2014 12:25:00 AM

This is everything that I wanted CG Clump Crusher to be...and more!
There's so much that I love about this mascara. Starting with the packaging, which is an attractively designed silver and black tube...probably the best looking mascara I've owned, which is saying something. Definitely something nice looking to have in my MU collection, rather than juvenile neon colors or tacky and risque names, I'll pick this tasteful tube over those any day.
The brush reminds me of clump crusher's, it's a plastic comb with teeth arranged in two flared rows, then the other four are regular length spikes. The brush is very helpful, it keeps my lashes defined and separated like none other, getting into every corner. Also like CC, it's nearly impossible for me to get clumps with this mascara, even after 4 to 5 coats. The flared bristles are extremely handy for defining all of my lower lashes without smearing mascara everywhere.
And the formula, so much better. This is the only mascara that can hold a curl on my lashes, it's dry enough to do so, but wet enough to actually create some drama and last me more than 2 months.
The only gripe I have is it flakes a bit by the end of the day, leaving a slight trace of mascara crumbs under my eyes. Which is a huge pet peeve of mine. But I haven't found a single mascara that doesn't do this, so I'm not terribly disappointed.

One tip I've found for getting this mascara, along with others, to perform their best is to "cure" it. This one requires far less time, compared with Lancome's Definicils and Maybelline Volum' Express for example (very wet formulas). But it will still benefit from this process.
A week or so before your main mascara is about to give out on you, break out a new one and keep it in your drawer. Every time you can, pump the handle of the new mascara, putting air in the tube and slowing preparing the mascara to be used. I've found that using any mascara fresh from the package will make my lashes droop, until it's been in use for several weeks and has dried out sufficiently. If you are afraid of drying out your mascara totally, combine the fresh one with the older one in alternating coats on your lashes. This keeps the fresh one on track to cure, and keeps the older one from running out so fast.

Hope this was helpful to you!