L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly

Filtered by age: 44-55
L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly
Voluminous ButterflyVoluminous ButterflyVoluminous ButterflyBest drugstore mascaraVoluminous Butterfly

3.7

on 12/5/2016 2:44:00 AM

Loreal as a brand I would have to say is exceptional, I've tried many of they're products the mascaras have been awesome have yet to be disappointed. This one here in particular builds up long lashes has staying power as far as the curl and lasts all day. My daughter loves this one as well, the wand takes some getting used too but once you get the feel of it you will see how it separates your lashes with no clumping and appreciate the finish it leaves. Your eyes will stand out with this one

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Works great if you want long,curled lashes! The brush is odd,but once your used to it,its no problem.The black is nice and dark,the formula is outstanding.I find it works even greater the more you use it .Use the wand slowly and go straight upward! Just can't beat it!!

on 7/13/2016 11:15:00 PM

My favorite drugstore mascara. I have average lashes and when I want dramatic lashes this is my go to mascara. It's a heavy mascara you apply with the brush side and then use the comb side to lengthen, de-clump and wow watch them go! Also has great staying power. A "must have" in my makeup bag.

on 11/12/2015 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this mascara solely based on the intriguing looking wand. What I don't get is why it isn't already in the tube of mascara but there must be a reason as its not the only one to package itself this way. I found the product on the dry side, not a big issue for me as I have deeply hooded eyes and really wet mascara is a mess to clean up on me anyway. The wand works surprisingly well on my hooded downturned eyes and gave them the illusion of lift which was a very pleasant surprise. Staying power was remarkable, and no problem to remove with an eye makeup remover. In fact, I'm surprised just how much product was on my lashes gives the few brush strokes applied. I have tried many different drug store mascaras, this is one of the better ones for me, my lashes looked much longer than with most other formulas so I probably will purchase it again. As for all these claims that a mascara curls your lashes, I have yet to find this to be true in my lifetime. I routinely use an eyelash curler and I don't think that works all that well either.

Update 1/15/2017 - I have downgraded this mascara to 2 lippies out of 5 for the sole reason that it has been flaking and smudging throughout the day. I still love the intense black color, the wand, the staying power, etc. But catching my reflection in the mirror and seeing raccoon eyes is not what I bargained for. And why is this so dang hard to remove? Maybe the formula has changed? In any case, I don't think I will repurchase as I have a couple others that perform without issue.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It is official...I do not like this mascara. The brush design is awesome but the mascara itself has a cheap moisturizer smell ugh. Even worse is the oily greasy consistency that makes it difficult to apply. Like trying to pin jello to a wall. It doesn't have tackiness to stick easily and takes too long to dry. I end up smearing accidentally grrr. I'll continue to use the loreal telescopic shocking extensions mascara :)

on 3/19/2015 11:30:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I wanted to love this. It makes my long lashes look beautiful. But, man, does it flake! I spent all day picking it out of my eyes. Makes my eyes red and burn, so I won't be repurchasing.

on 1/13/2015 7:59:00 PM

Oh my gosh, I kept seeing this product and wanting to buy it but kept putting it off. Finally, I caved (extrabucks, what can you do?). I made a crazy disaster the first few times I tried it. It's a 'wet' mascara and a wonky brush and I was having trouble making the two work together. With some practice I succeeded and will say I do like it better than a lot of the other "Butterfly" mascara's. I don't notice a lot of length but I can get the outer corners of my lashes to do a really good flip. In my case, the trick was to do all lashes with the tiny bristle side and then go over them with the weird bristled side a couple of times. I do have 2 other mascara's I will use as my go to mascara. But this is top 5 for sure, especially if I'm looking for a natural look. It certainly isn't a dramatic look on me, even with up to 4 coats.

on 11/13/2014 10:55:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love, love, love this mascara for everyday use. I especially love it for daytime use. While I do not get the full lashes like shown in the picture, and my lashes look far more natural with this than indicated or advertised, I like this mascara..a lot. It does not clump and keeps my lashes separate. I was going to only give 4 stars because while I do wish it gave me more volume, it is the prefect everyday, natural mascara, so for that, it gets 5 stars..as well as how it wears..it does not flake or smudge on me nor give me 'racoon eyes'..Just a lovely mascara. The packaging looks kind of cheap, the plastic is very cheap looking, but the formula is excellent. While it does not give me fullness or volume (there are other mascaras for that), I do love it for what it DOES do..and it does it well. I like it so much I bought it in 3 shades. I will just use other mascaras for night time or if I want thicker-looking lashes. But for everyday/daytime or even in the work/job place, this is the bomb!

PROS: Very dark black. Somewhat volumizing. Easy to remove.

CONS: Smudge city. Tube dried out really fast.

APPLICATION TIPS: Shiseido's primer (even the new one) helps this stay on with WAY less smudging/transfer/flaking. I am a recent convert to using Shiseido's popular curler too.

Before applying, roll this over a paper towel or the back of your hand or whatever to get excess off.

I often like to put a light coat of a waterproof mascara (like Rocket Volum Express in waterproof or Telescopic in waterproof) under one of my very volumizing mascaras (like Manga or Milani Runway Lashes) so that my curl will hold much better.

ALTERNATES: The Rocket Volum Express by Maybelline and L'Oreal's new Manga mascara are better for volume and length that are much more noticable. I also like Miliani's Runway Lashes (and just cover it with Clarins Double Fix if I want to make it "more" waterproofed.)

on 8/9/2014 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am so picky in mascaras. I think the ones from Dior have been the closest to my likings. L'Oreal's Voluminous mascaras have been fine too but none ranked as HG. Manga has not been terrible but whoever came up with the brush on that mascara was on drugs. I tried this because of the recommendations on the MU Board. I did not expect much until I saw the brush from up close. Yes, this should work and it did. This mascara truly lengthens my eyelashes. It has a dramatic impact. It is one of the best that I have had on. I chose the very black shade and it is awesome in pigmentation. My lashes also look full and healthy. Love this!