L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Mascara

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium age: 36-43
L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Mascara

3.2

on 6/9/2018 2:46:00 PM

I like the brush, but that's pretty much it. The actual product is wet, heavy and sticks my lashes together in wet clumps. I also lose all traces of curl I've managed to create it weighs them down so much which peeves me to no end. I've tried this mascara maybe 5 or 6 times but it's going in the trash bin, I just can't make it work for me. DISLIKE!!!!

on 1/18/2017 7:34:00 AM

This is a pretty good mascara. It is one of my favorite drugstore mascaras...once you get the hang of the brush, it is easy to apply and it does make my lashes darker, fuller, and longer, without clumping. The tube lasts several months for me, too. I like this mascara. Not LOVE, but I like it. And I like it enough to re-purchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Very good mascara. The bristles in the brush are excellent and grip your lashes well. If you like sculpting mascaras, this is for you. I add this to the ends of my lashes and then pull through from the root. Coverage is excellent and the formula is nice and thin and pairs well with the brush. Great staying power, does not travel on hot days or pool under lashes if you get sweaty. Even stays put during an afternoon nap. I really like this mascara and will definitely repurchase.

on 5/21/2016 10:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Sticky and wet. Makes my (already spare) lashes stick together. Smudges all over. Needless to say I do not like.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My go-to for over two decades has been original Voluminous--first brown-black, and then carbon black. I go back to it because I can't find anything else I like better, but I hate how it dries out so quickly and can get a bit overly thick/clumpy.

I tried the Butterfly one because I'm open to any variation in the Voluminous family--and wow! This is a welcome addition. The formula is much thinner and smoother than the original one, and the uniquely shaped brush separates my lashes quite well and coats them from top to bottom. NO clumping. Time will tell how long a bottle lasts, but I'm already seeing a way better lifespan from it than original.

It does flake by the end of the day, but I haven't met the mascara that doesn't so I'm not downgrading for that. Excellent effort, can't argue with price, and I will repurchase. Probably at least two!

Mascara goes on easily and gives good lengthening. However by end of day I have mascara flakes under my eyes. If it wasn't for that it would be a good mascara. I rate it as average.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got this mascara in a Target beauty box last year and have been using it for the last couple of months. As the owner of the world's shortest, stumpiest lashes, I have to say that I'm impressed. The mascara gives me both length and volume, as well as a nice dark black color. I'm impressed at the lack of smearing, too - I have oily skin and a bad habit of rubbing my eyes. I have a zillion other mascaras to try once this one runs out or gets past the 6-month mark (they came with Sephora kits), but I'd be willing to buy this again.

on 8/23/2014 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is such a fun mascara for nightime "va-va-voom" lashes!

Pros:
I have NEVER before used a mascara that gave so much length! Now usually I don't go for lengthening formulas because my lashes are insanely long (thank you Latesse) but every once in a while I want that major falsie look. That's exactly what I get with this stuff. I also really love that you can layer and layer and if it gets clumpy, it combs out very easily, separating lashes with ease. It also goes with your curl and doesn't weigh them down, just emphasizes them. This is one of the best brushes I have ever tried, hands down. Its extremely easy to work with for me and gets every single lash coated and covered. I have really sensitive eyes and this doesn't bug me at all (I did not get the waterproof though and can't speak for that one). It never smeared or flaked, yet washed off really easily.

Cons:
I am not the biggest fan of fibers in mu mascara and if you over-coat or apply too many coats without allowing the previous one to dry, you do/can get those odd little fiber waves at the end of the lashes. I also don't get good volume at all and some lashes do tend to stick together. Again though that is remedied by combing it out. So to get the most out of this mascara you do have to work with it a little, which can be a con to many (although I don't mind).

This is going to become a staple for me - so far I have reached for it whenever I have nighttime events and I get nothing but compliments. I love this stuff!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I saw a woman at Starbucks with the most gorgeous long lashes. I asked her what kind of mascara she used and she told me about Voluminous Butterfly. One of my HG mascaras of all time is Voluminous, so I couldn't wait to try it. I love the lengthening affect on my lashes, but the main qualm I have with it is that it flakes horribly. After wearing it for only a few minutes it starts flaking and it gets worse throughout the day. I had high hopes for this but sadly, sigh . . . . I am disappointed with it and will not buy it again.

on 1/20/2014 9:43:00 PM

I really like this mascara.. so far my drugstore fave. But its not HG.. I have used department store alternatives better, but at triple the price which I am not willing to spend.

I will repurchase .and do recommend