L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Mascara

Filtered by age: 18 & Under
L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Mascara

3.8

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I don’t like this. I have long lashes, and the mascara does lengthen them greatly but it weighs them down and undoes even the slightest curl. It looks great when I first apply it, but it looks awful after only two hours. It also tends to shed and smear a bit around my eyes. To top it off, it is not cheap either. Just overall not a good product.

on 12/15/2016 8:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is like my second tube of this mascara and this is amazing. I have the waterproof one and it lasts all day! It may seem hard to take off from the lashes but the trick is to use petroleum jelly or some oil.

i bought this in the waterproof version because my stick straight, downward pointing asian lashes can't handle normal mascara formulas. the weird brush was difficult to work with, and all it did was clump up my lashes which defeated the whole reason why i bought this in the first place.

It's not a bad mascara, there is just way better mascaras out there for the same price. Doesn't really give you anything special, and the odd shaped brush isn't easy to work with. Waterproof version isn't very waterproof.

I bought this mascara on sale from Shoppers Drug Mart for $2.99...the low price is why I decided to give it a try! I was shocked at its comparability in result of volume and length to what I typically use, "They're Real!" by Benefit. It has family decent staying power, however I always use a base layer (Clinique) under my mascara which may be contributing to it not flaking & staying put all day. The only thing I don't love is the slightly chemical/floral scent from the mascara, but it's something I've learned to get over since I love the result it gives me :)

on 11/4/2015 5:01:00 AM

i purchased the not waterproof version. the fibers make the formula dry and flaky. doesnt last long. adds volume but no length whatsoever. uncomfortable to apply. first month the formula was too wet. then it looked good a month later. it went dead-dry a month after that. however i looks good on asian eyelids. just wish it had staying power :(

on 5/19/2015 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I'm so torn on this mascara. It's amazing for length and volume. It makes my lashes really long and it decently gives volume. It gives a sort of spidery look(in a good way). It clumps a little too. I get compliments on my lashes with this. What totally threw me for a loop was that it flakes under my eyes after a couple hours and the formula is too wet for my liking. If someone has a mascara that basically does the same as this but has a better formula, please message me :(

on 5/18/2015 5:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Decent mascara, makes my lashes look very.... sleek? I would classify this is as lengthening mascara personally, as I find it volumizing power isn't anything to rave about. It gives my lashes a very romantic look, seperating and flaring them out to the corner. There is a bit of clumping but not as much as some of the drugstore mascaras I've tried.
I can't shake the feeling this product is somewhat gimmicky, but I do enjoy the results it gives me. Three stars for makin my lashes look pretty good, but not holding up to the volumizing claim.

I like the concept, but am thoroughly disappointed. This mascara clumped like crazy, and my eyelashes were all stuck together, even after combing them with a clean spoolie. I paid $25.95 for this, and I really wish I didn't. I will not be buying this again, unless I can find a way to stop it from clumping. It was really thick, and slopped onto my lashes without spreading though them. It started flaking within 20 minutes, and went all through my eyes (I have very sensitive eyes, that are prone to infection). It smells of plastic. I don't have a habit of smelling mascara, but upon sniffing it, I was hit with a very strong stench of plastic. I don't like that.
I typically like L'Oreal's products, but this was one that I regret.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

For L'Oreal, this is my least fav mascara i've ever used by this company. The so called "butterfly" look ended up a mess.