Yes To Yes to Grapefruit CC Cream - Light

Yes To Yes to Grapefruit CC Cream - Light

2.0

on 4/27/2016 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hmmmm I don't know. Really wanted to like this! Natural ingredients, beautiful packaging, sanitary pump, cruelty free, really wanted this to be my new friend, but no.
This doesn't make me look any better... I look fresher, bit paler but still fresher, without this. I have this in medium, and it made me look slightly more orange and patchy, nothing else. Can't pinpoint why it makes me look patchy - does it accentuate my uneven skintone? Or did it dry less fast in some spots? I dunno. A big con also is the smell. Do you know that specific smell to organic cosmetic products when they've gone bad? That. When I smelled this last night, I thought I let it sit in my cabinet too long and it was my fault. Was happy to read that others had the same smell experience.

Pro:
- cruelty free, natural ingredients
- nice packaging that I would like to display
- hygienic, controllable pump

Con:
- no visible positive result
- orange
- patchy
- STINKS

Again, wasted my money.....

on 2/4/2016 8:31:00 AM

I am surprised, but will be actually repurchase. This may be the first time I will be using an entire bottle of a CC cream. I have fair to medium skin so light/medium worked well for me. I also have sensitive oily/combination skin that is prone to hormonal/cystic acne and scarring so I can't wear heavy liquid make up and have been tryin to use more natural products due to sensitivity and this fit the bill. To me it is a true tinted moisturizer, not a foundation, more like a treatment than makeup, so you won't get foundation coverage. It subtly evens and gives light coverage without feeling cakey or greasy. Though it feels thick out of the pump, it actually wears well once set and my face is not greasy mid-day like with other products and... it amazingly doesn't break me out an I think helps heal my acne at times! It is great for everyday use, but I use it a a base for other products for special occasions went I want more coverage. Over time, my skin tone has improve and evened. It also doesn't replace my moisturizer, but it is the last thing I put on my face for subtle moisture, to remove the shine from my gel moisturizer, some SPF protection without clogging pores, and give an overall more even and brighter natural look. Spreading with fingers gave me best application. I don't think I woul recommend it for dry skin though.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I was looking for a nice cruelty free bb or cc cream. I wanted something with light coverage, spf, moisturizing and preferably natural, this seemed to tick all the boxes. Although the reviews were mixed, I decided that I should try it for myself.

You get a nice amount of product for the price in a handy clear pump. That's pretty much where the good ends. First off, it stinks. you smell a faint but pleasant grapefruit scent that tries to cover up a horrible musty fungal basement smell. And it lingers, I wore this for a day and I could smell that awful scent every time I moved my head, tried to drink something or ate. Before you buy this, smell it.

When you apply the product it applies really streaky, it's hard to blend. And once blended it doesn't give any coverage. It does brighten the skin ever so slightly, but only if you take the time to blend it perfectly, otherwise you will look patchy and streaky.
But blending it well is hard, because it dries really quick, and if you try to blend it after it dried it will ball up. You can't touch your face throughout the day or the cc cream will ball up on your face, not cute.

Because it dries so much, it feels like a mask on your face, no matter if you apply it lightly or heavy, with a spounge, brush or your fingers. You can feel it on you skin.

And the spf 18 claim, well, it's no longer on the bottle or the carboard box. You can only find the spf claim on the website and you can find titanium dioxide in the ingredient list. Other than that, you wouldn't think it has spf. I would think the company would wave that fact in your face as a selling point instead of hiding it in the ingrediƫnt list.

So, in conclusion, if you are looking for something that may or may not have spf, that's streaky to apply, balls up on your skin, feels like a mask, doesn't give coverage and smells like stinky basement; this is the product for you!

In all honesty, I am really disappointed, I really tried to make it work but I can't stand it and there's nothing good about it. Mine is far from it's expiration date so that is not the problem. If you are interested in this product: smell it in a store and blend it on you hand to give you an idea before you buy it. But I think there are many better products out there, so you might as well skip this one.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This just didn't work for me. First of all, I didn't realise it when I bought it - but it's grapefruit, and I don't like anything citrusy... it smells like it too. But of course that is a personal preference.

This CC cream stated that it's a "light/medium" , lightly tinted... that is a lie! In the spring time, I had to blend this with a light - like ivory light, to make it proper shade... or I couldn't even wear this until after summer when I was tanned!!! Also, I think it makes me look more orange if anything.

And this cream says it blends beautifully, that is a lie too! A few times I went out, thinking it was all blended in, and when I saw my face in natural sunlight, there'd be a big orange streak across my cheek or something. NOT a good look to go for, especially when you wanted to wear "less" in the summer.

Horrible product, will never buy again, I'm even throwing out half the bottle, that's how much I don't like it.

on 3/4/2015 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I decided to pick this up because I was curious about the Yes to Grapefruit line, and I can never say no to a foundation/base product. I also tend to get sucked in by anything citrus.
In fairness, given my history with trying some of the other products in the Yes To line, and always being disappointed in the scents never quite being what I think they will be, I should have known that this wasn't going to smell like a tart, fresh grapefruit. There is an initial zinginess to the cream when I pump it out on my hand, but that is taken over by a sort of powdery undertone that is not really pleasant to my nose, and just gets more cloying over time. The cream is very watery and thin, and very pink-toned. Over the day, the color began to look more and more rediculous on me, as it was also a smidge too dark on my more olive skin. While I am also aware that CC creams typically do not advertise heavy coverage, I thought this one would offer at least a little bit. Nope, coverage is pretty much zero, even when I apply a bit more to certain areas. Additionally, it is also not the best for more oily skin, as it looked shinier throughout the day. To add insult to injury, it also began to break me out over the three weeks I wore it. I think the only positive for me about this is that it applies smoothly.
I think this would only be good for drier skintypes, and more pink-toned skin that needs almost no coverage.

I love this product. It's the first 'tinted moisturizer' that I can actually use as a moisturizer in the am and as a make up foundation. I have acne, but since using this my acne has gotten better. It's the only thing I'll use in the am.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

i wanted to love this so badly. the consistency? great! the feel on my skin? great! the sheer coverage (which really means no coverage). pretty good. the price, excellent. the SMELL? awful!!

i was all excited by this thinking o.k., the smell will dissipate in a few minutes. NOT! the smell lasted over 2 ours so i kept smelling it consistently and it's NOT a nice grapefruit, or pleasant floral smell. it's a chemical smell (akin to how self-tanners often smell) and it just never went away.

sadly, there's NO WAY i'm going to wear this all day and smell the odor all day.

had to return it, sadly.

if YOU can tolerate the smell and you want something wonderfully moisturizing and sheer without being oily, this is great...

good luck!

on 11/30/2013 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I really like a lot of Yes To products, so I was excited to try this. But unfortunately, it's a failure. The coverage is nonexistent, it feels oily, and it made me break out. I never break out except during my ToTM, so I know it was this. The only upside is the sturdy, hygienic packaging.

on 10/19/2013 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was really excited when i saw this in store, I wanted to try it out because of the 95% natural claim and the "cc cream" label slapped on it. It claims to correct and even out skin tone, and there are definately face goodies inside, but it does very little for me. It has a sort of creamy but watery texture, like aloe vera gel except not as pleasant. The shades run a little dark and its sort of pinky toned, but super sheer, almost invisible (like no coverage), which is not necessarily bad, but definitely not what it claims (this cc cream doesn't really even out skin tone). In terms of application, i hate how this applies. it feels smooth at first, but you have to go fairly quick or else risk it drying up in little powdery blotches. It does feel a little bit watery, so its not especially heavy on the face, but if you touch it it feels sort of tacky, and like someone mentioned, gummy, no matter how little you apply. As for layering, it will ball up into little clumps or rub off whats already under. (Like when you layer products that dont mix well, the products will clump up). Even on bare skin, no moisturizer or anything, this will ball or the pigment itself will just completely smear away. So, for such a product, yes its natural, yes it has a pump, but you can do much better for the price. I don't recommend this at all.

on 10/8/2013 10:39:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This has to be the worst BB/CC cream that I have tried to date. I received a sample of it from Birchbox (thank God, no real money lost!). The texture is heavy and the smell is horrible. The worst part is that the feel of the cream on my skin is very gummy, even after lots of blending and then setting it with powder. By the end of the day, I still couldn't bear to touch my face because it felt like I could still move the cream around. Putting foundation over it doesn't improve things at all: it make foundations that look great on their own look horrible.

I like a lot of the "Yes to..." brand, but this CC cream is an awful mistake. Save your money. There are many better ones out there, even in the drugstore aisles.