Yes To Yes to Grapefruit CC Cream - Light

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Yes To Yes to Grapefruit CC Cream - Light

on 4/27/2016 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hmmmm I don't know. Really wanted to like this! Natural ingredients, beautiful packaging, sanitary pump, cruelty free, really wanted this to be my new friend, but no.
This doesn't make me look any better... I look fresher, bit paler but still fresher, without this. I have this in medium, and it made me look slightly more orange and patchy, nothing else. Can't pinpoint why it makes me look patchy - does it accentuate my uneven skintone? Or did it dry less fast in some spots? I dunno. A big con also is the smell. Do you know that specific smell to organic cosmetic products when they've gone bad? That. When I smelled this last night, I thought I let it sit in my cabinet too long and it was my fault. Was happy to read that others had the same smell experience.

- cruelty free, natural ingredients
- nice packaging that I would like to display
- hygienic, controllable pump

- no visible positive result
- orange
- patchy

Again, wasted my money.....

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This just didn't work for me. First of all, I didn't realise it when I bought it - but it's grapefruit, and I don't like anything citrusy... it smells like it too. But of course that is a personal preference.

This CC cream stated that it's a "light/medium" , lightly tinted... that is a lie! In the spring time, I had to blend this with a light - like ivory light, to make it proper shade... or I couldn't even wear this until after summer when I was tanned!!! Also, I think it makes me look more orange if anything.

And this cream says it blends beautifully, that is a lie too! A few times I went out, thinking it was all blended in, and when I saw my face in natural sunlight, there'd be a big orange streak across my cheek or something. NOT a good look to go for, especially when you wanted to wear "less" in the summer.

Horrible product, will never buy again, I'm even throwing out half the bottle, that's how much I don't like it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Very disappointed in this CC Cream... I was psyched to buy this thinking it would be my new favorite, but alas, I am still on the hunt for a quality BB/CC Cream...
The runniness of the product didnt bother me. I have had acne for almost 20 years, (and I'm 27... Bulls**t isn't it?) I have used many a runny foundation, so I was expecting it. No big.
I'm usually pretty easygoing when it comes to the scent of the stuff I put on my body. I can deal. But this stuff has an odd citrus/musty basement smell to it. Yuck. I looked past that and decided to give it a shot anyway... What a joke.
This CC Cream covered literally nothing. After my stint with accutane, I dont have much to cover anymore aside from the unevenness of my complexion due to scarring. Nothing. Can't cover a SCAR? What IS this concoction?
Made me look kinda shiny, felt pretty greasy. (Perhaps what they mean by "glowing" is that it actually makes you look oily... Not impressed.)
I didnt purchase the "light" but the "medium" formula. Not sure why it looks a strange orange'ish-pink, but it is certainly not fleshtone. I give it credit though for not making me look like an Oompa Loompa.
For the price, this was a huge flop. It's ONLY redeeming quality is that this CC Cream has SPF. I may keep it for that reason ONLY.

on 11/30/2013 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I really like a lot of Yes To products, so I was excited to try this. But unfortunately, it's a failure. The coverage is nonexistent, it feels oily, and it made me break out. I never break out except during my ToTM, so I know it was this. The only upside is the sturdy, hygienic packaging.