Yes To Yes to Grapefruit CC Cream - Light

Yes To Yes to Grapefruit CC Cream - Light

1.5

on 3/4/2015 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I decided to pick this up because I was curious about the Yes to Grapefruit line, and I can never say no to a foundation/base product. I also tend to get sucked in by anything citrus.
In fairness, given my history with trying some of the other products in the Yes To line, and always being disappointed in the scents never quite being what I think they will be, I should have known that this wasn't going to smell like a tart, fresh grapefruit. There is an initial zinginess to the cream when I pump it out on my hand, but that is taken over by a sort of powdery undertone that is not really pleasant to my nose, and just gets more cloying over time. The cream is very watery and thin, and very pink-toned. Over the day, the color began to look more and more rediculous on me, as it was also a smidge too dark on my more olive skin. While I am also aware that CC creams typically do not advertise heavy coverage, I thought this one would offer at least a little bit. Nope, coverage is pretty much zero, even when I apply a bit more to certain areas. Additionally, it is also not the best for more oily skin, as it looked shinier throughout the day. To add insult to injury, it also began to break me out over the three weeks I wore it. I think the only positive for me about this is that it applies smoothly.
I think this would only be good for drier skintypes, and more pink-toned skin that needs almost no coverage.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

i wanted to love this so badly. the consistency? great! the feel on my skin? great! the sheer coverage (which really means no coverage). pretty good. the price, excellent. the SMELL? awful!!

i was all excited by this thinking o.k., the smell will dissipate in a few minutes. NOT! the smell lasted over 2 ours so i kept smelling it consistently and it's NOT a nice grapefruit, or pleasant floral smell. it's a chemical smell (akin to how self-tanners often smell) and it just never went away.

sadly, there's NO WAY i'm going to wear this all day and smell the odor all day.

had to return it, sadly.

if YOU can tolerate the smell and you want something wonderfully moisturizing and sheer without being oily, this is great...

good luck!

on 11/30/2013 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I really like a lot of Yes To products, so I was excited to try this. But unfortunately, it's a failure. The coverage is nonexistent, it feels oily, and it made me break out. I never break out except during my ToTM, so I know it was this. The only upside is the sturdy, hygienic packaging.

on 10/19/2013 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was really excited when i saw this in store, I wanted to try it out because of the 95% natural claim and the "cc cream" label slapped on it. It claims to correct and even out skin tone, and there are definately face goodies inside, but it does very little for me. It has a sort of creamy but watery texture, like aloe vera gel except not as pleasant. The shades run a little dark and its sort of pinky toned, but super sheer, almost invisible (like no coverage), which is not necessarily bad, but definitely not what it claims (this cc cream doesn't really even out skin tone). In terms of application, i hate how this applies. it feels smooth at first, but you have to go fairly quick or else risk it drying up in little powdery blotches. It does feel a little bit watery, so its not especially heavy on the face, but if you touch it it feels sort of tacky, and like someone mentioned, gummy, no matter how little you apply. As for layering, it will ball up into little clumps or rub off whats already under. (Like when you layer products that dont mix well, the products will clump up). Even on bare skin, no moisturizer or anything, this will ball or the pigment itself will just completely smear away. So, for such a product, yes its natural, yes it has a pump, but you can do much better for the price. I don't recommend this at all.