Yes To Yes to Grapefruit CC Cream - Light

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Yes To Yes to Grapefruit CC Cream - Light

2.3

on 2/4/2016 8:31:00 AM

I am surprised, but will be actually repurchase. This may be the first time I will be using an entire bottle of a CC cream. I have fair to medium skin so light/medium worked well for me. I also have sensitive oily/combination skin that is prone to hormonal/cystic acne and scarring so I can't wear heavy liquid make up and have been tryin to use more natural products due to sensitivity and this fit the bill. To me it is a true tinted moisturizer, not a foundation, more like a treatment than makeup, so you won't get foundation coverage. It subtly evens and gives light coverage without feeling cakey or greasy. Though it feels thick out of the pump, it actually wears well once set and my face is not greasy mid-day like with other products and... it amazingly doesn't break me out an I think helps heal my acne at times! It is great for everyday use, but I use it a a base for other products for special occasions went I want more coverage. Over time, my skin tone has improve and evened. It also doesn't replace my moisturizer, but it is the last thing I put on my face for subtle moisture, to remove the shine from my gel moisturizer, some SPF protection without clogging pores, and give an overall more even and brighter natural look. Spreading with fingers gave me best application. I don't think I woul recommend it for dry skin though.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I was looking for a nice cruelty free bb or cc cream. I wanted something with light coverage, spf, moisturizing and preferably natural, this seemed to tick all the boxes. Although the reviews were mixed, I decided that I should try it for myself.

You get a nice amount of product for the price in a handy clear pump. That's pretty much where the good ends. First off, it stinks. you smell a faint but pleasant grapefruit scent that tries to cover up a horrible musty fungal basement smell. And it lingers, I wore this for a day and I could smell that awful scent every time I moved my head, tried to drink something or ate. Before you buy this, smell it.

When you apply the product it applies really streaky, it's hard to blend. And once blended it doesn't give any coverage. It does brighten the skin ever so slightly, but only if you take the time to blend it perfectly, otherwise you will look patchy and streaky.
But blending it well is hard, because it dries really quick, and if you try to blend it after it dried it will ball up. You can't touch your face throughout the day or the cc cream will ball up on your face, not cute.

Because it dries so much, it feels like a mask on your face, no matter if you apply it lightly or heavy, with a spounge, brush or your fingers. You can feel it on you skin.

And the spf 18 claim, well, it's no longer on the bottle or the carboard box. You can only find the spf claim on the website and you can find titanium dioxide in the ingredient list. Other than that, you wouldn't think it has spf. I would think the company would wave that fact in your face as a selling point instead of hiding it in the ingrediƫnt list.

So, in conclusion, if you are looking for something that may or may not have spf, that's streaky to apply, balls up on your skin, feels like a mask, doesn't give coverage and smells like stinky basement; this is the product for you!

In all honesty, I am really disappointed, I really tried to make it work but I can't stand it and there's nothing good about it. Mine is far from it's expiration date so that is not the problem. If you are interested in this product: smell it in a store and blend it on you hand to give you an idea before you buy it. But I think there are many better products out there, so you might as well skip this one.

I love this product. It's the first 'tinted moisturizer' that I can actually use as a moisturizer in the am and as a make up foundation. I have acne, but since using this my acne has gotten better. It's the only thing I'll use in the am.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

i wanted to love this so badly. the consistency? great! the feel on my skin? great! the sheer coverage (which really means no coverage). pretty good. the price, excellent. the SMELL? awful!!

i was all excited by this thinking o.k., the smell will dissipate in a few minutes. NOT! the smell lasted over 2 ours so i kept smelling it consistently and it's NOT a nice grapefruit, or pleasant floral smell. it's a chemical smell (akin to how self-tanners often smell) and it just never went away.

sadly, there's NO WAY i'm going to wear this all day and smell the odor all day.

had to return it, sadly.

if YOU can tolerate the smell and you want something wonderfully moisturizing and sheer without being oily, this is great...

good luck!

on 11/21/2013 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

After using Yes To's body butter, face wipes, and daily moisturizer, I was really excited to try their CC cream as an alternative to heavy foundation.

I read the rave reviews on this product on the website (which should have been a red flag), but I bought this anyway.

Right when you open it, the smell hits you in the face. As the name suggests, you might think it would smell like grapefruit, right? Wrong. It's this sickly-sweet smell that literally burns the back of my throat and makes me think of the berry-scented stuff that little girls use. Not only was that a turn-off, because, well, it literally burned my eyes and throat, but also -- what would something that smells that potent feel like on my face?

So, I applied it anyway and managed to get past the smell.

The next thing you run into is the texture, which brought to mind an incredibly watery smoothie. It's runny and doesn't really go on well because of that. I tried applying it with my fingers initially, but that really did nothing but move it around, so I moved onto my foundation brush, which just streaked up my face. I tried using my beauty blender, which proved to only soak up the product (surprise surprise) and so the ONLY method I was able to find that gets the product applied evenly was my stipling brush.

When you put it on, you can definitely feel the tingling that's probably a side-effect to whatever nauseatingly-sweet fragrance they put in it. It's not unbearable, but it reminds me of a pore-shrinking mask, which also isn't a pleasant feeling. As expected, it feels like it's sitting on top of your skin after application. If you don't set it with powder, then it doesn't look dewy, it looks greasy. Even when setting it with powder, I found that, if you don't use a translucent powder, it's going to get cakey really, really fast.

On top of that -- where's the coverage? I wanted something that WASN'T cakey but had little to medium coverage, and this is barely better than a tinted moisturizer -- which I didn't buy for a reason.

In the end, I didn't pay $15 for a CC cream -- I payed $15 for a watery, sickly-sweet concoction of fragrance, greasy lotion, and maybe a dot of pigment waved over it. Garbage! Wouldn't buy again or recommend.

on 10/19/2013 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was really excited when i saw this in store, I wanted to try it out because of the 95% natural claim and the "cc cream" label slapped on it. It claims to correct and even out skin tone, and there are definately face goodies inside, but it does very little for me. It has a sort of creamy but watery texture, like aloe vera gel except not as pleasant. The shades run a little dark and its sort of pinky toned, but super sheer, almost invisible (like no coverage), which is not necessarily bad, but definitely not what it claims (this cc cream doesn't really even out skin tone). In terms of application, i hate how this applies. it feels smooth at first, but you have to go fairly quick or else risk it drying up in little powdery blotches. It does feel a little bit watery, so its not especially heavy on the face, but if you touch it it feels sort of tacky, and like someone mentioned, gummy, no matter how little you apply. As for layering, it will ball up into little clumps or rub off whats already under. (Like when you layer products that dont mix well, the products will clump up). Even on bare skin, no moisturizer or anything, this will ball or the pigment itself will just completely smear away. So, for such a product, yes its natural, yes it has a pump, but you can do much better for the price. I don't recommend this at all.