Yes To Yes to Grapefruit CC Cream - Light

1.0

1 review

on 3/4/2015 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I decided to pick this up because I was curious about the Yes to Grapefruit line, and I can never say no to a foundation/base product. I also tend to get sucked in by anything citrus.
In fairness, given my history with trying some of the other products in the Yes To line, and always being disappointed in the scents never quite being what I think they will be, I should have known that this wasn't going to smell like a tart, fresh grapefruit. There is an initial zinginess to the cream when I pump it out on my hand, but that is taken over by a sort of powdery undertone that is not really pleasant to my nose, and just gets more cloying over time. The cream is very watery and thin, and very pink-toned. Over the day, the color began to look more and more rediculous on me, as it was also a smidge too dark on my more olive skin. While I am also aware that CC creams typically do not advertise heavy coverage, I thought this one would offer at least a little bit. Nope, coverage is pretty much zero, even when I apply a bit more to certain areas. Additionally, it is also not the best for more oily skin, as it looked shinier throughout the day. To add insult to injury, it also began to break me out over the three weeks I wore it. I think the only positive for me about this is that it applies smoothly.
I think this would only be good for drier skintypes, and more pink-toned skin that needs almost no coverage.