Yes To Yes to Grapefruit CC Cream - Light

2.0

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Very disappointed in this CC Cream... I was psyched to buy this thinking it would be my new favorite, but alas, I am still on the hunt for a quality BB/CC Cream...
The runniness of the product didnt bother me. I have had acne for almost 20 years, (and I'm 27... Bulls**t isn't it?) I have used many a runny foundation, so I was expecting it. No big.
I'm usually pretty easygoing when it comes to the scent of the stuff I put on my body. I can deal. But this stuff has an odd citrus/musty basement smell to it. Yuck. I looked past that and decided to give it a shot anyway... What a joke.
This CC Cream covered literally nothing. After my stint with accutane, I dont have much to cover anymore aside from the unevenness of my complexion due to scarring. Nothing. Can't cover a SCAR? What IS this concoction?
Made me look kinda shiny, felt pretty greasy. (Perhaps what they mean by "glowing" is that it actually makes you look oily... Not impressed.)
I didnt purchase the "light" but the "medium" formula. Not sure why it looks a strange orange'ish-pink, but it is certainly not fleshtone. I give it credit though for not making me look like an Oompa Loompa.
For the price, this was a huge flop. It's ONLY redeeming quality is that this CC Cream has SPF. I may keep it for that reason ONLY.

on 10/11/2013 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

The Yes to Grapefruit CC cream claims to do a lot of things. It will moisturize, brighten, protect from the sun with SPF 18, repair your skin, and cover minor flaws. And it's 95% natural. I'm not a fan of putting half a dozen things on my face, so this takes the place of moisturizer and sunscreen. I've even worn it in place of foundation and I practically never go without foundation. Two downsides: smell and color. The smell isn't bad but it lingers. Sometimes it lingers all day and that annoys me. And the color is definitely pink-based. It makes me sad because I have recently decided that I absolutely need yellow-based foundation or else I look awful. Another reviewer claimed that it feels "gummy" and I have noticed it, but it's not enough to be a major annoyance. If they could make this in a warm hue I would repurchase, but until then I will pass it up.