Yes To Yes to Grapefruit CC Cream - Light

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Yes To Yes to Grapefruit CC Cream - Light

3.0

on 2/4/2016 8:31:00 AM

I am surprised, but will be actually repurchase. This may be the first time I will be using an entire bottle of a CC cream. I have fair to medium skin so light/medium worked well for me. I also have sensitive oily/combination skin that is prone to hormonal/cystic acne and scarring so I can't wear heavy liquid make up and have been tryin to use more natural products due to sensitivity and this fit the bill. To me it is a true tinted moisturizer, not a foundation, more like a treatment than makeup, so you won't get foundation coverage. It subtly evens and gives light coverage without feeling cakey or greasy. Though it feels thick out of the pump, it actually wears well once set and my face is not greasy mid-day like with other products and... it amazingly doesn't break me out an I think helps heal my acne at times! It is great for everyday use, but I use it a a base for other products for special occasions went I want more coverage. Over time, my skin tone has improve and evened. It also doesn't replace my moisturizer, but it is the last thing I put on my face for subtle moisture, to remove the shine from my gel moisturizer, some SPF protection without clogging pores, and give an overall more even and brighter natural look. Spreading with fingers gave me best application. I don't think I woul recommend it for dry skin though.

on 3/2/2015 6:58:00 PM

The whole line sucks IMO. This is too dark for me even though it said light on the package, the coverage was okay, it was build able but it broke me out!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

At first I didn't like this as it wasn't really what I was expecting. I don't usually just dump a product (although it does happen occasionally) and generally try to find another use for it and so I decided to use this up as an SPF moisturiser for my décolletage simply to use it up.

I slapped it on every day and then suddenly, after about a week, I noticed that the skin on my chest looked much more even and glowy. So, I gave it another chance on my face and I have to admit that it has made quite a difference in evening out my pigmentation. No breakouts either, yay!

It doesn't have the coverage I was expecting but, after a few weeks use together with a mineral powder foundation, I now find I don't need that coverage from the mineral foundation - just a touch of concealer here and there and a quick dusting of setting powder.

It's definitely a bit of a weird thing, very hydrating, a bit tacky, smells a bit odd but, after two years of collecting a graveyard of liquid foundations, I think I've actually found something that works...

I love this product. It's the first 'tinted moisturizer' that I can actually use as a moisturizer in the am and as a make up foundation. I have acne, but since using this my acne has gotten better. It's the only thing I'll use in the am.

on 11/30/2013 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I really like a lot of Yes To products, so I was excited to try this. But unfortunately, it's a failure. The coverage is nonexistent, it feels oily, and it made me break out. I never break out except during my ToTM, so I know it was this. The only upside is the sturdy, hygienic packaging.

on 10/8/2013 10:39:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This has to be the worst BB/CC cream that I have tried to date. I received a sample of it from Birchbox (thank God, no real money lost!). The texture is heavy and the smell is horrible. The worst part is that the feel of the cream on my skin is very gummy, even after lots of blending and then setting it with powder. By the end of the day, I still couldn't bear to touch my face because it felt like I could still move the cream around. Putting foundation over it doesn't improve things at all: it make foundations that look great on their own look horrible.

I like a lot of the "Yes to..." brand, but this CC cream is an awful mistake. Save your money. There are many better ones out there, even in the drugstore aisles.